Quick Questions

MOD-tonk6464

Re: Quick Questions

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:26 am

10 overs bowled in a match by a player results in a 34% condition drop at the end of the match - irrespective of how condensed or spread out the spell(s) were. If that player also bats in the match, then the condition hit will be larger - depending on the number of balls they faced.

Welcome to Stumped Alex. I hope you have fun playing the game. :thumbup:
Manager of The Tonkers and affiliate team Marvellous Effort That
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (13 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

Sanga4

Postby Sanga4 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:56 pm

MOD-tonk6464 wrote:10 overs bowled in a match by a player results in a 34% condition drop at the end of the match - irrespective of how condensed or spread out the spell(s) were. If that player also bats in the match, then the condition hit will be larger - depending on the number of balls they faced.

Thank you :D . Reason why I asked is that I'm attempting to rescue this player of mine (https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=227486) who was in my starting squad at age 19 and 10 weeks but has 43 bowling potentials with Effort Bowler - but low skill. I'm trying to give him as much IGT as possible and not too bothered about results for now as I wish to get him close to his potentials, so bowling 10 overs upfront looks like the way to go. I'm planning to go with a dry and bouncy home pitch eventually with a combo of spinners and express pacers, so my plan is to train him in pace until his effort ball hits the 100mph mark, and then will train accuracy to get him close to that 19 potential but his effort ball will still hopefully hit 90mph.

Boxer

Postby Boxer » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:54 pm

That's a mind blowing answer - 10 overs = 34%

does 1 over = 3.4% and 5 = 17%

Are there any such simplicities for batting and keeping?

MOD-tonk6464 wrote:10 overs bowled in a match by a player results in a 34% condition drop at the end of the match - irrespective of how condensed or spread out the spell(s) were. If that player also bats in the match, then the condition hit will be larger - depending on the number of balls they faced.

MagvGarlic

Postby MagvGarlic » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:11 pm

Sanga4 wrote:

Thank you :D . Reason why I asked is that I'm attempting to rescue this player of mine (https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=227486) who was in my starting squad at age 19 and 10 weeks but has 43 bowling potentials with Effort Bowler - but low skill. I'm trying to give him as much IGT as possible and not too bothered about results for now as I wish to get him close to his potentials, so bowling 10 overs upfront looks like the way to go. I'm planning to go with a dry and bouncy home pitch eventually with a combo of spinners and express pacers, so my plan is to train him in pace until his effort ball hits the 100mph mark, and then will train accuracy to get him close to that 19 potential but his effort ball will still hopefully hit 90mph.

Ooh I sympathise but that's a tough project. (I had something similar going with this guy and he's never gonna be more than a part-timer at D2 level, even though he takes truckloads against bots. https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=213077 )

Welcome to the game.
Dynamo Morpork, registered since S24 in South Africa. Pottering about.

Zorax

Postby Zorax » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:16 pm

MagvGarlic wrote:
Sanga4 wrote:

Ooh I sympathise but that's a tough project. (I had something similar going with this guy and he's never gonna be more than a part-timer at D2 level, even though he takes truckloads against bots. https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=213077 )

Welcome to the game.

Yea Lahiru Samaranayake will never get close to his potentials. Will probably fall around 4 points below max potential at his best.

Not the worst thing tho. When I started with FHK I kept a similar player, Pong Nam. His gap in skills was a bit smaller, but he was also already 21 and couldn't play Dev cricket! Nevertheless I kept him on coaching for a few seasons and had him open the bowling in both formats. He's done very well for me and is still is a front-liner. Absolutely gave up on his pace tho - his max right now is 104kmph!

But then again, I went the home-grown route. Perhaps you can do better if you play the TM.
Zorax CC | Free HK
Five Demands, Not One Less
Learn more Here

Squarebear

Postby Squarebear » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:11 am

Do friendlies affect the state of the pitch?

(I'm aware that this may be a really dumb question)

Molle

Postby Molle » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:53 am

Squarebear wrote:Do friendlies affect the state of the pitch?

(I'm aware that this may be a really dumb question)

Not a dumb question at all.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=54&p=34119#p34119

Squarebear

Postby Squarebear » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:11 am

Oh ace. Thanks very much.

howie123

Postby howie123 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:08 pm

Is it normal for young players to get skill drops ? I thought players might start to lose skill levels when they are something like mid to late 20s but one of my 18 year old trainees dropped a skill level today :(

WaddyWoody

Postby WaddyWoody » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:34 pm

howie123 wrote:Is it normal for young players to get skill drops ? I thought players might start to lose skill levels when they are something like mid to late 20s but one of my 18 year old trainees dropped a skill level today :(

Was the skill that plopped a skill they use? It's not uncommon for a batsman that never bowls, to plop in bowling.
Is the player in question Precious?
Could also be due to the training you are providing the player - a batsman training in shot selection (batting psychology) could expect to see a plop in aggressive batting. Whatever the case, at the age of 18 you'll easily see that player recover that plop in the coming weeks.
Leading the Woodpeckers (main) and Wolverines (affiliate) nowhere fast.

Return to “The Beginners Section”