Captaincy and orders

Cambridge4453

Re: Captaincy and orders

Postby Cambridge4453 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:57 pm

Try my batting today; there seems to be something wrong again but changing the settings doesn't hit the spot. I set them to get 225 and they are up with the run rate, but they have had 3 run outs, no one has made 50, and we should be far better than this lot - again!

JayTheFirebender

Re: Captaincy and orders

Postby JayTheFirebender » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:09 am

Cambridge4453 wrote:Try my batting today; there seems to be something wrong again but changing the settings doesn't hit the spot. I set them to get 225 and they are up with the run rate, but they have had 3 run outs, no one has made 50, and we should be far better than this lot - again!

I think that your game yesterday may have been an anomaly, those 3 runouts probably ended up being decisive as they were all of batsmen in the top 6. Granted your bowling and rogue nation's bowling is quite similar and 5 of your wickets fell to balls of 8, 9, or 10 quality, but yh I think that it was just a bad day out for the batsmen with some bad luck, but it just happens sometimes. Rogue's batsmen did not lose any wickets to runouts and so their batsmen were able to make the scores needed.

I am a little confused as to why you're not having that successful of a season, in terms of raw ratings your are the highest or second highest in your senior leagues but the affiliates are far ahead of you in terms of points. I don't know what your team lineup looks like but I think that you could do with some better fielding as that way it will back up the bowlers. 51k fielding is the typical Div 3 standard for fielding and may be really detrimental to your chances of preventing the opposition scoring runs and taking the tough catches or initiating the runouts which could be game changing. If I were you I'd maybe consider bringing in some players with better fielding and try to bump up those fielding ratings to 60k or more. Fielding can also be tied to captaincy so it's worth having a good captain, and having a quality keeper also helps your bowlers reap the rewards of their hard work, though of course if you need more of a batsmen rather than a keeper for the sake of team balance that's fine too.

It's also worth noting that ratings only take into account skill points, and not their distribution or the traits which accompany them. For example one could have a 70k rated middle order on paper, but filled with defensive orientated or balanced batsmen who wouldn't be as effective at hitting out in the later overs. So it may be worth looking at your batting lineup and making sure that your batsmen actually suit their position in the lineup (eg. high shot selection and defence on your top 3 even if they are balanced) rather than just bumping up your ratings with their raw skill even if it isn't suited to their position.

Return to “Match Engine”