Season 25 Cup matches

Squarebear

Re: Season 25 Cup matches

Postby Squarebear » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:31 pm

Chasing 268 we are 145/1 after 27 overs.

Ominously my opponents' medium pacer has conceded only 8 from 3 overs. If this continues we are going to be squeezed.

https://www.stumpedgame.com/display_com ... ch=1359183

That tricky bowler promptly sent down a plethora of long hops. Victory came by six wickets.

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:36 pm

Very comfortable victory for the main team by 265 runs, after getting 350 on the board courteousy of maiden SOD 50s from Ansar and Miller but good innings from Lodi, Wyatt and Blackwell too. We then rolled them for under 109 with Vijayarangan snagging his first 5-fer, Peake taking 3 and Blackwell and Ruchir getting one each.

Affiliate got thrashed but showed a bit of fight, we ended up being the ones conceding 350, but Martijn Van Rooyen batted beautifully for his 70, well supported from Gwamanada with 30. A nice contribution from the other Van Rooyen (Herman) saw us eventually getting 160 all out, but we’d achieved our target of losing by less than 200 runs hooray! :). Well played Surrey CC, wouldn’t have handled fatigue management anyway.

Meanwhile the affiliate Wuhan Wonders have knocked out Clacks on the back of a nearly 70 run partnership for the 7th wicket!
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins of of Britannia (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African franchise team (Rockhoppers CC)

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:42 pm

209 for Sheldon today, looking to get the cup top scorer trophy after just missing out last season.
Manager of Pest CCC and Assistant to England NT
National Caps:
Ali Azmat (Pakistan) 9ODI, 3T20I, Kenny Sheldon (England) 7ODI, Andrew Bradfield (England) 5ODI, 4T20I, Firoz Subbanna (Bangladesh) 14T20I

MagvGarlic

Postby MagvGarlic » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:03 pm

bumpuss wrote:
Just won! Owen and Kruger bowled for you. You dropped a lot of catches. Good game :thumbup:

Congrats! Fun game.
Dynamo Morpork, registered since S24 in South Africa. Pottering about.

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:10 pm

Stomalomalus wrote:209 for Sheldon today, looking to get the cup top scorer trophy after just missing out last season.

He’s clearly a Cup bully when it comes to run scoring ;)
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins of of Britannia (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African franchise team (Rockhoppers CC)

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:14 am

We’re currently at 110/3 against in another bot match, both Lodi and Blackwell being rested today as it should be an easy win. I find it strange that we’ve destroyed the fast bowler but yet it’s the offspinners (on the greenest
bounciest track possible btw) who are keeping things really tight.

Peake’s batting is strange, always seems to show up when the going gets tough but fails against the crappiest of bowling. He got out for 2 to a 10 skilled bowler off a 2/10 BQ. Baffling.
YVRK

Hally

Postby Hally » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:27 am

Have just discovered the worst aspect of having an affiliate.
I can lose two Cup matches in one day! :( :(

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:21 am

Both my teams have progressed through to Round 3 of the Cup. A very close match between Marvellous Effort That and Smashers resulted in a 1 wicket victory to MET. The Tonkers bashed a bot.

There are some interesting looking match-ups for Round 3.

My main team has drawn Dead Balls CC at their home ground. My affiliate team has drawn a home match against Not From the Wrists. Both should be good contests. NFTW knocked out MET in Round 1 of last season's cup in a very close contest, so we'll be looking to enact revenge this time. ;)

Good luck to all teams for Round 3. :)
Manager of The Tonkers and affiliate team Marvellous Effort That
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (11 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

Return to “Senior One Day Games”