Season 25 League Matches

YVRK

Re: Season 25 League Matches

Postby YVRK » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:46 am

https://www.stumpedgame.com/display_com ... ch=1310370
Unseen choking my batsmen once again with their signature economical bowling. We're plodding along at less than 4 an over on a road of a pitch, and I sense a collapse right round the corner as my batsmen will start to attack unsuccessfully. A score of 250 is the minimum needed to try for a win

Edit: Oli Wyatt is on 5(20)...talk about killing momentum. He's a 37 skilled bat with finisher and is soaking up balls without being able to buy a single run. Either rotate strike or hit boundaries for god's sake! At this rate it's going to be another 180 all out or worse. And now Lodi is tired. These masterclasses of economical bowling that Unseen Cricket Club always pull off against my club is getting really annoying. Constantly poorly timed pushes because of 9/10 off stump balls

Edit: Huh, we're now 231/4 with Wyatt on a magnificent 74* (reverse jinxing at its finest) and Peake on 61 and striking at 160, though now Wyatt is completely drained and can't do anything. Just slog and get out, you've done your job marvellously. Welp nevermind, he just took a single and hogged the strike from Peake who's striking sixes at will. Godammit...Ansar and Blackwell are still waiting to bat you know

Edit: Finally Wyatt is out, but not after an excellent innings, though his deceleration at the end may have hurt us. Ansar followed him back to the pavillion two balls later for a duck, so now it's up to the two all-rounders to get us to 250 and beyond. 275 would be nice.

Edit: Tim Peake you beauty. His 87*(52) propelled us to a defendable total of 285, though Blackwell played a fine hand with 24*(13), with both helping us take 20 runs off the final over. I'm pretty scared as to what's going to happen to my bowlers though, if their near 60k bowling attack could get launched into orbit like that then my high 40s/low 50s bowling won't stand a chance. We have them 7/1 after one over, Ansar picking up with the ball despite failing with the bat
Last edited by YVRK on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins of of Britannia (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African franchise team (Rockhoppers CC)

MagvGarlic

Postby MagvGarlic » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:06 pm

playing an inactive human so really bot bashing again. Pretty much exactly the same as my active rival: 256/9 plays 38/4 vs. 251/7 plays 41/4 in their match.
Dynamo Morpork, registered since S24 in South Africa. Pottering about.

Squarebear

Postby Squarebear » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:18 pm

Given that Halfdecent reached 220 with only two wickets down I guess limiting them to 299 might be seen as a positive of sorts.

Not that my boys have ever chased down this big a score.

https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1309922

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:34 pm

They're 30/3, but I know that we're still going to lose. Even with all of their top order out of the way including their best batsman Hameed, their batsmen are showing intent from the start. Their middle order and tail batting are rated slightly higher than mine so I can easily see them cruising home

Edit: So the 40 skill bowler just got hit for 13 runs in an over, not a good sign. Marcus Marland is at the crease, having played a key part in screwing us over last time with a fantastic middle order innings to save the game, by the looks of it he's clearly intending to do something similar.

Edit: And at the halfway mark they are 150/5, with Marland smacking us as expected, and he’s found an able partner in all-rounder Jeffrey Foley at 7. Unless we break this partnership very soon this is Unseen’s game, especially since they still have batting to come. Looking back we were probably still 20 runs short given how flat the pitch is, and we were not able to accelerate until maybe the 35th over, while the opposition started in the 20th. Our bowlers are completely ineffective, even Peake is going at nearly 6RPO. Economical bowling ain’t gonna do much since then they’ll just start hitting 6s rather than 4s, we need wickets, and quick.

Edit: And thankfully we won this one, getting what was in the end a fairly comfortable 42 run victory. Marland finallly had a lapse in concentration which saw him getting bowled by Liam Dawson, and Foley after making an impressive 50 lost his wicket soon after to offspinner Amjad. Dawson then cleaned up the tail pretty well, though number 10 Karunaratne got one back over Blackwell by hitting him for a six. Nice win against the second ranked team in the league (though it won't account to anything) and again, it shows how important it is to have good all-rounders and batting depth. Without those, I probably wouldn't have crossed 200 let alone 250, and Lizzie may not have been able to continue chasing the total.

Though now player condition is screwed. Peake and Wyatt will be drained after today but hopefully they'll be fit for the T20 on Wednesday, while I'll probably need to set some funny orders for the DEV to keep all my youngsters fit
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins of of Britannia (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African franchise team (Rockhoppers CC)

WaddyWoody

Postby WaddyWoody » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:46 pm

Massive win for the Woodpeckers today against West Row Wyverns, and in fairly convincing fashion. This win makes last weeks loss to relegated Surry even worse now - had we have won that game also we'd be 1point behind 1st place. However top plays BOT bottom place next week, so 1st place is cemented. Just a final game week to scrap out 2nd, 3rd and 4th places.
Leading the Woodpeckers (main) and Wolverines (affiliate) nowhere fast.

paul857

Postby paul857 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:50 pm

Usual win against a BOT for my affiliate, Cow Corner, but it will be an interesting last week. If we beat Cable Street Particulars with a bonus point that will ensure the league title. Win without the BP and we have to hope that Woodys Wolverines don't get a massive NRR boost as they're bound to get maximum points against a BOT. If we lose then the chances are that both the Wolverines and Knights will pass us. That could mean we either win $126k, $84k or £54k. Good incentive to get that BP if ever there was one.

Although White Room had already been relegated we wanted to beat Leggs Eleven. On a slow pitch we made 226-9 with Page top scoring with 89. When they came out to bat the situation changed. Their bowlers had been bowling at 56-73mph but up stepped Dunstan whose first ball came down at 88mph and he finished with figures of 4-31. An 81 run victory secured a BP which we will enjoy until next week when we face league champions Chester Ducks.
Manager of England-based White Room and South Africa-based franchise Cow Corner.

Assistant/Coach/Tactician of the South Africa national team.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:21 pm

WaddyWoody wrote:Massive win for the Woodpeckers today against West Row Wyverns, and in fairly convincing fashion. This win makes last weeks loss to relegated Surry even worse now - had we have won that game also we'd be 1point behind 1st place. However top plays BOT bottom place next week, so 1st place is cemented. Just a final game week to scrap out 2nd, 3rd and 4th places.

Yes the knowhow of plsying lower bowling batting and fielding ratings plus 2 spinners paid off again. (Not your fault I know).

Gratz on the win.
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

WaddyWoody

Postby WaddyWoody » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:27 pm

rtj45 wrote:
WaddyWoody wrote:Massive win for the Woodpeckers today against West Row Wyverns, and in fairly convincing fashion. This win makes last weeks loss to relegated Surry even worse now - had we have won that game also we'd be 1point behind 1st place. However top plays BOT bottom place next week, so 1st place is cemented. Just a final game week to scrap out 2nd, 3rd and 4th places.

Yes the knowhow of plsying lower bowling batting and fielding ratings plus 2 spinners paid off again. (Not your fault I know).

Gratz on the win.

I’m not sure what you mean by this, like genuinely. Assume has something to do with the EP ratings.
Leading the Woodpeckers (main) and Wolverines (affiliate) nowhere fast.

Return to “Senior One Day Games”