Season 27 Cup Matches

Squarebear

Re: Season 27 Cup Matches

Postby Squarebear » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:16 pm

Given the state of the pitch I'd expected a low-scoring game but my feckless batters are exceeding even my modest expectations with their stoic defence coupled with occasional rash hitting and appalling running between the wickets.

95/4 from 28.

Edit. Wickets falling steadily. Muthukrishnan still there on 52 but the tail ain't for wagging. 152/7 with 10 overs remaining.

Edit. Commentator's curse. Muthukrishnan out for 52.

Edit: I dropped my economical reverse seamer in favour of a finger spinner But he ended up being my most expensive bowler. Defeat by one wicket. Aaargh

elegantyak

Postby elegantyak » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:02 pm

Tough luck, but what an amazing match for a first rounder!

WaddyWoody

Postby WaddyWoody » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:41 pm

Squarebear wrote:Given the state of the pitch I'd expected a low-scoring game but my feckless batters are exceeding even my modest expectations with their stoic defence coupled with occasional rash hitting and appalling running between the wickets.

95/4 from 28.

Edit. Wickets falling steadily. Muthukrishnan still there on 52 but the tail ain't for wagging. 152/7 with 10 overs remaining.

Edit. Commentator's curse. Muthukrishnan out for 52.

Edit: I dropped my economical reverse seamer in favour of a finger spinner But he ended up being my most expensive bowler. Defeat by one wicket. Aaargh

Crazy, tight game, and unlucky to you sir! Was always going to be a difficult battle on that pitch, and an entertaining one at that with two evenly matched sides. Thanks for the battle!
Leading the Woodpeckers (main) and Wolverines (affiliate) nowhere fast.

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:56 pm

Pest CCC have another bot in the 2nd round. So 3rd round is calling.

Daft Serious CC, on the other hand, have Rastamentals, from my own league...which isn't much fun, I wanted someone new!

They're a little above me in expert preview, and with a less experienced team than last season, it might be a tough match to win.
Manager of Pest CCC English SOD Champions Season 25
Manager of Daft Serious CC
Assistant to England NT

Return to “Senior One Day Games”