Season 27 League Matches

MOD-tonk6464

Season 27 League Matches

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:51 am

First round of Season 27 SOD is underway.

We're playing away to Bobs XI today. We bowled out Bobs XI for 203 on a very green pitch with a bowling lineup newly strengthened by the acquisition of Jeremy Murray. We're in good shape at 1/79 after 16 overs but there's still a long way to go yet.
Manager of The Tonkers and affiliate team Marvellous Effort That
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (13 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

liquefry

Re: Season 27 League Matches

Postby liquefry » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:39 am

First innings went pretty well for Fictionally Inclined at home to Lauderdale - we piled on 392/4. Maiden senior ton for Simon Snellgrove off just 64 balls, and Tim Pipe enjoyed his return to the top flight with a quick fire 91 (62). The only downside is the lack of match experience for my #7.

Over now to the bowlers. We started off pretty well with Lauderdale on the ropes at 5/152 after 29. Hoping we can close it out now for a big win!
Fictionally Inclined (Oceania) and affiliate Absolute Madness (America). Zimbabwe youth and currently Nat manager.

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:25 am

We chased the total easily after the dynamic duo of Jawad and Sabir combined again for another big partnership. Jawad finished on 101 n.o. from 99 balls and Sabir on 91 n.o. from 85 balls. :)

Fictionally Inclined certainly made a big statement first round by smashing that huge score against Lauderdale. Excellent batting there. :clap:
Manager of The Tonkers and affiliate team Marvellous Effort That
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (13 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:50 am

Can we end the season now? :lol:
Fictionally Inclined (Oceania) and affiliate Absolute Madness (America). Zimbabwe youth and currently Nat manager.

Squarebear

Postby Squarebear » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:06 pm

Down in EurAfrica 2.2 we've been set a middling target of 241 to win.

We've very casually used up 18 overs yet have still to reach 50 in reply.

Edit: 147 required from 23 @ 6.39 per over.

Edit: Gauraang Muthukrishnan's 4th ton made things comfortable in the end. Victory was by 7 wickets.

https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1464344

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:49 am

Wow what a day! After a pretty rotten start to the week I've pulled it out the bag with 2 impressive wins today.

Granted our main team were playing the weakest opposition in the league but we put the icing on the cake with a 200+ run win giving us a bp and a good net run rate boost, top dollar! Donaldson debuted with 114 and blackadder took 6 wickets.

Our affiliate entered an 8k deficit v cunning, but our pitch was suited to us and we bowled cunning out for 248. Shubby was the best bowler with 3 wickets. We chased the score 5 down with good contributions from Coyle nozulu and hlumukazi.

After 1 round we are top of 2 division 1s, but harder opponents loom in wait!
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:23 am

The tale of 2 rebuilds for me...

Pest CCC lost 2 of their 3 frontline spinners and it looked like it was going to cost us on a slow, dry deck against Perry. But Chopra and Traynor pulled it back beautifully at the death, before Wij did what Wij does and prevented Donaldson from topping the batting charts after week 1 ;)

Daft Serious CC, on the other hand, have had a rebuild of their own, selling two #3 batsmen and our experienced keeper, and replacing them with an underdeveloped 20 year old top order bat and an average AR. Our bowling didn't stand a chance as our bats collapsed to 139, only opener Bowen scoring anything good with his 42. In reply, star AR Venkataraman took 3 wickets, but it wasn't enough, as their middle order ended the match. Poor day at the office. We'll need to put in some work on this one.
Manager of Pest CCC English SOD Champions Season 25 and 26
Manager of Daft Serious CC
England National Team Manager

JayTheFirebender

Postby JayTheFirebender » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:22 pm

My Div 3 league is mainly comprised of bots with my two challengers for promotion being Sturzo and Outlaws. I think that the kids will probably need this season and next before they can really start competing and not get thrashed like we did in T20 last season :problem:

The Americas leagues look very interesting - the rise of affiliate teams has been rapid with 65k rated main teams such as Northdown and Welsh Wizards winning by the skin of their teeth against ~55k affiliates Night Watch and Warriors of the Wasteland yesterday. rtj45's Eagles actually managed to triumph over 67k rated Cunning. It looks like former West Indian Div 1 stalwarts like Sibelius and Gavin Hamilton may not even promote anytime soon with affiliates becoming stronger by the day.
Manager of a bunch of virtual park cricketers since August 2020.

Other interests include: PC gaming, (actual) cricket, collecting trading cards and attempting to fix broken things.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:08 pm

JayTheFirebender wrote:My Div 3 league is mainly comprised of bots with my two challengers for promotion being Sturzo and Outlaws. I think that the kids will probably need this season and next before they can really start competing and not get thrashed like we did in T20 last season :problem:

The Americas leagues look very interesting - the rise of affiliate teams has been rapid with 65k rated main teams such as Northdown and Welsh Wizards winning by the skin of their teeth against ~55k affiliates Night Watch and Warriors of the Wasteland yesterday. rtj45's Eagles actually managed to triumph over 67k rated Cunning. It looks like former West Indian Div 1 stalwarts like Sibelius and Gavin Hamilton may not even promote anytime soon with affiliates becoming stronger by the day.

I was so happy with that win. I made one purchase over the off-season which was to obtain the skills of Tinashe Nozulu. He looks a super asset, he can bat, he can bowl, he can field, he is 20 captaincy and most importantly he cost me just 26k! The pitch massivley favoured me and our 3 spin attack really paid dividends.

I think that some of the div 1 team underestimated the new joiners. The pitches were flat and none of the three teams made good first innings scores, and nearly all 3 of them were chased down!
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

Calvino

Postby Calvino » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:48 pm

rtj45 wrote:
JayTheFirebender wrote:My Div 3 league is mainly comprised of bots with my two challengers for promotion being Sturzo and Outlaws. I think that the kids will probably need this season and next before they can really start competing and not get thrashed like we did in T20 last season :problem:

I was so happy with that win. I made one purchase over the off-season which was to obtain the skills of Tinashe Nozulu. He looks a super asset, he can bat, he can bowl, he can field, he is 20 captaincy and most importantly he cost me just 26k! The pitch massivley favoured me and our 3 spin attack really paid dividends.

I think that some of the div 1 team underestimated the new joiners. The pitches were flat and none of the three teams made good first innings scores, and nearly all 3 of them were chased down!

What makes you think division 1 teams understimated the new joiners (unless you mean former division 1 teams)? Purely judging by the ratings, it looks like the current division 1 teams have been playing their full strength teams against them so I'm not sure that can be classed as underestimating them.

Return to “Senior One Day Games”