Season 25

Squarebear

Re: Season 25

Postby Squarebear » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:58 am

Yay, a human opponent today. Imagine that.

Tricky conditions, plus a worn pitch, so I'm not too disheartened at only amassing 152, including a stand of 37 for the 9th wicket.

https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1305683

Edit: my opponents, Sun Warriors, required 22 from the last 12 deliveries. It took them just seven balls. Sigh.
Last edited by Squarebear on Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:13 am

heading towards my 3rd loss of the T20 season, having outrated my opponents by more than 5k in each game :mrgreen:
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:37 am

MOD-tonk6464 wrote:
Lunarlord34 wrote:Yeah nah fuck this shit. I'm giving up on surviving in T20 anymore, I can beat Tonks but be thrashed by the two weakest teams, one who relies entirely on slogging every ball to win games. What's the bloody point.

And the result was... The Reds won :lol:

At the time they had just blasted something like 90 runs off 3 overs so I had signed off and done other things before going to work.
All I'm going to say is I love you Dizzy :mrgreen: Double-hattrick after taking a wicket with the last ball of his 2nd over before coming back for an over to take 3 wickets immediately to peg them back after Shorten and Ntombela managed to remove Husband and Hoyle as Nozulu and Donda came back to mop up the rest. Thankfully their G.McGrath (No not Glen, Geoff McGrath) was playing today otherwise Donda could've returned the best quality yet the worst figures/economy (yes even worse than Shorten despite Shorten going for 32 in one over alone).

In response Face and Ascott had a license to thrill and took it, though I'm still shaking my head that Face faced 21 balls yet still played more push shots than their entire team combined :crazy: We needed the fast start too, chasing 211 and 81 was a perfect start before Face's dismissal trigger a mini collapse as Shorten got set then out, Ellery out cheaply before Ascott joined the procession for a blistering 60 off 33. When Lloyd became the 5th man out for 141 and still 70 needed in 7 overs Galu and Alder took a couple of overs to get in before exploding, Aldering taking the 18th (and final over) for 26 to win the game and finish 40* off just 14 balls, a much needed and impressive knock for the youngster, well supported by Galu with 38* off 19 as luckily they collapsed when they did otherwise that game would've panned out far worse.

Then meanwhile in SA my affiliate managed to screw up a simple bot bashing. Didn't even set crazy orders, but hey I guess everyone got a bat even though maybe I should stick to bowling first with my affiliate.

paul857

Postby paul857 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:29 pm

White Room took on DEV-Andy’s “Pie n Pint” at their place, lost the toss and were sent in. Make shift opener Champak Sethi fell fairly quickly before Bill Manning (64*) and Rinus Levy (106 off 54) rattled up a partnership of 160 in 14.1 overs. A quick fire 22 off 8 balls by Jack Bruce meant we closed on 217-2 which is our highest ever score against a managed team.

PnP never really got going with only Java Umakanta (50 off 42) getting any significant runs. Rinus Levy sealed his MOTM award by taking 2-35, but the star bowler was SA prospect Greg Allman who finished with 5-20 off his 21 balls. A great effort by the young lad who became the first player to take a five wicket haul in T20 for the club.

This win leaves us 5 points clear of second place and six points ahead of Andy’s team who are the only other managed side in England 3.3 league.
Manager of England-based White Room and South Africa-based franchise Cow Corner.

Assistant/Coach/Tactician of the South Africa national team.

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:01 pm

So...I thought I'd thrown another T20 game to continue my seasons long poor form in the format.

Winning the toss, Sheldon was out first ball, quickly followed by Subbanna to leave us 3-2. Then Malone didn't last much longer, Anand following next ball...35-4. Bedford and Azmat gave a bit of resistance but it was all Tampoe's 67 that got us to a mildly respectable 124.

In return, a good start had Wireless Wonders 6-2, Azmat and Mason sharing the wickets. Then after some resistance, the wickets fell like skittles, all out for 97.

Bradfield, Duckett and Chopra digging our batsmen out of a hole after spinner (why is it always spinners? Ask rtj) Jan took 4 wickets with his 2.6 average ball quality to oust my middle order.

That leaves me top of the pile and unbeaten despite two horror shows sandwiching a decent performance.
Manager of Pest CCC and Assistant to England NT
National Caps:
Ali Azmat (Pakistan) 9ODI, 3T20I, Kenny Sheldon (England) 7ODI, Andrew Bradfield (England) 5ODI, 4T20I, Firoz Subbanna (Bangladesh) 14T20I

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:18 pm

Stomalomalus wrote:Bradfield, Duckett and Chopra digging our batsmen out of a hole after spinner (why is it always spinners? Ask rtj) Jan took 4 wickets with his 2.6 average ball quality to oust my middle order.

My spinner is the leading wicket taker this season, and I play on something resembling a hay field in June, go figure.
Manager of West Row Wyverns
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)
Breeder of Peach #1 bowler in the world.
Mainly does some England management stuff

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:50 pm

On the subject of spinners, my affiliate’s took 3 for 3 from 3 today.
Manager of Pest CCC and Assistant to England NT
National Caps:
Ali Azmat (Pakistan) 9ODI, 3T20I, Kenny Sheldon (England) 7ODI, Andrew Bradfield (England) 5ODI, 4T20I, Firoz Subbanna (Bangladesh) 14T20I

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:34 pm

paul857 wrote:White Room took on DEV-Andy’s “Pie n Pint” at their place, lost the toss and were sent in. Make shift opener Champak Sethi fell fairly quickly before Bill Manning (64*) and Rinus Levy (106 off 54) rattled up a partnership of 160 in 14.1 overs. A quick fire 22 off 8 balls by Jack Bruce meant we closed on 217-2 which is our highest ever score against a managed team.

PnP never really got going with only Java Umakanta (50 off 42) getting any significant runs. Rinus Levy sealed his MOTM award by taking 2-35, but the star bowler was SA prospect Greg Allman who finished with 5-20 off his 21 balls. A great effort by the young lad who became the first player to take a five wicket haul in T20 for the club.

This win leaves us 5 points clear of second place and six points ahead of Andy’s team who are the only other managed side in England 3.3 league.

Nice to see Levy score another ton, he looks to be doing very well for your club :). Too expensive to keep around for Rockhoppers anyway.

Meanwhile my affiliate were up against a bot team so I put out an XI entirely for decelopement purposes. However, we ended up doing worse than I thought as we fell to 45/8. However, Iwan Marais’ 28 stopped the collapse and it was an unexpected cameo of 31 from number 10 Chughani to get us to 99 all out. We then luckily bowled well to win by 40 runs, but it shows that we are very dependent on a few particular batsmen firing every game to win us matches.

Our normal team went through our normal shambles, Vattyam (who seems to love T20s for some reason) and Lodi scored 29 and 41 respectively but our middle and lower order was an utter mess, with no one making double figures except Peake who continued his dominant batting form by scoring a brisk 47* (is now averaging 150 with the bat this season in T20) to drag us to a respectable 141 all out.

Barnstoneworth started with a 60 run partnership for the first wicket in good time, pretty much sealing the game then and there. However, Vijayarangan, Peake, Dawson and Yeluri pegged them back with one wicket each, but they still completed the chase in the 16yh over with Lance Black hitting a dominant 45*(20). Bowling wasn’t bad barring young Ruchir who got carted at a RPO of 12.25, but with the worst currents of all my bowlers and the F&G trait it was coming. Blackwell’s absence both with bat and ball was really felt this game, hopefully he’ll be fully fit for crucial games in the future. Keeper Hitendra also took his first stumping off a seamer today, very promising signs for the future.

Well played HectorBlap, I probably should’ve realised that you had a whole unit of quality seamers on the bench to rotate in for your spinners in these kinds of conditions
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins of of Britannia (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African franchise team (Rockhoppers CC)

WaddyWoody

Postby WaddyWoody » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:10 pm

https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1305459

Superb chase from my boys today to win this one against BTP-s Cobbacombe. When I saw we were chasing 216 to win I didn't have much hope for a win. Ultimately Hall's 99 off 48 set the foundation for this one, a shame he has such a habit of bottling the century while on 99! Despite losing quick middle order wickets, pretty much all who came in got a quick, high strike rate score that meant we kept grasp of the game which went to 19.5overs!

Routine win for my affiliate, not much else to say about them other than consistency!
Leading the Woodpeckers (main) and Wolverines (affiliate) nowhere fast.

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:03 am

We got comfortably beaten by Wickers Warriors, who were win-less after 3 rounds. Well played Wicker.

Only 2 wins from 4 matches for my team. Not a good start to the season. :(
Manager of The Tonkers and affiliate team Marvellous Effort That
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (11 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

Return to “T20 Games”