Season 25

Simes

Re: Season 25

Postby Simes » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:39 pm

YVRK wrote:
HectorBlap wrote:
YVRK wrote:https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1305871

For the third time this season my boys managed to get the better of the Bengals as we continue our good T20 season. I didn’t expect much from us with the bat but in the end we managed to rack up a very good score of 162 all out with their seamer Rabada taking a 5-fer (taking after his namesake). Veteran Lodi player an ABD-esque innings of 71(45) despite the pitch being 70 wear, but was well
supported by Vattyam who scored a steady 31 and Ansar who hit 25(16) at the back end. Unfortunately they ran Peake out for 1 which probably saved them about 20 runs but it was still a very good target. In response my bowlers bowled well, Peake being the star with another 4-fer but backed up well by Vijayarangan and Yeluri. Their opener Ibqal showed some resistance for his 50 and at one point I was worried when he and Branning put together a threatening stand, but the target was too high on such a worn pitch, and we ended up winning by 38 runs. For some reason we seem to have the wood over the Bengals this season who were far better than us before (though they did sell off the core of their 65k rated bowling attack). Anyways, bowling AR Piyush Yeluri has been on fire with the ball, for some reason he’s an absolute god in T20s and I can’t figure out why, he doesn’t have bowling traits and his skills aren’t even super good yet.

We’re getting some interesting matches in our league. MP got their first defeat today by unmanaged but not botted West London Cricket Club, while 50k+ rated Barnstoneworth got bowled out for 92 by a 23k rated bot Aztecs CC and only won by 28 runs

I take exception to that remark, we only made 85!!! :shock: What a terrible game. It must have been a ploughed field, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I think the only difference between the teams was that we got 27 extras and my super-human keeper kept our gimmes down to 4. As you say, interesting to see MP lose a game but West London do put in some incredible performances from time to time. Hopefully not to be repeated next week...

Well weird matches do happen from time to
time, all it takes is a really unlucky series of outputs with the build up of pressure and then you can see huge upsets happen. Though this does show that Simes’ boys are not invincible, meaning that you may have a slight chance of winning the league if they go on a huge losing streak (though this was more likely a one-off given that they’re rated 60k+).

Looking forward to our second encounter soon and hoping that we’ll put up a better fight.

Not a good look this week couldn't bowl couldn't bat are probably dreadful at fielding too. Worryingly I think I've seen this before. I have two players with the influential trait and their touch is currently tanking. Last time this happened we got relegated...
Malvern Pickersleigh
& Pickersleigh

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:32 pm

https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1305310
Just wanted to draw people's attention to this thriller in England T20 Div 1 between Cutting Edge and Setemares. The latter needed 184 to win, and thanks to some aggressive batting got to the stage where only 6 runs were needed in 12 balls with 4 wickets remaining, 2 set batsmen at the crease, on a 5 wear pitch. In the next two overs Setemares' bowlers were sensational by taking all 4 wickets and not giving anything away, eventually clinching the a victory by 1 run.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins of of Britannia (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African franchise team (Rockhoppers CC)

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:00 am

Lunarlord34 wrote:Rueing a middle order collapse on an absolute road of a home deck. Didn't even make the MAS of 160, never looked like it really either after Ascott got out and the bowling did well enough to restrict tonkers to a win in the 17th over. But 143 was never going to be defended on that pitch with our lackluster bowling without a terrific new ball burst, but disappointing spells all round didn't give us much of a chance. Needed another 30 runs at least to make things more interesting, but no one went on with their starts and the middle order was decimated by Gwynn at the end.

Jawad then anchored the chase with a fine 57* as Nash smashed our attack to all parts for his 30 off ten to seal the game late when the bowlers gave us a glimmer of hope in the middle part of the chase. But can't really blame the bowlers for the batsmen lack of urgency at stages, though the more telling blow was Gyan Palathingal's 3-23, removing both Face and Galu in the 4th over and refusing to give us any freebies.

Leaves us hanging onto 4th place by a thread after being 2nd and a sneaky chance of challenging just a week ago, which is probably more reflective of where we are to be perfectly honest. Just got to try and find a way to hang in to stay up for next season while also giving the youngsters a fair go.

Unlucky Lunar. That huge middle order collapse really cost you the match. My bowlers had a good day.

It certainly is a tight race in AUS DIv.1 T20. The title is well and truly up for grabs at the moment.
Manager of The Tonkers and affiliate team Marvellous Effort That
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (11 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:34 am

Sam Allman, you son of a gun! 6/17 - ripped through GVE's top and middle order! :D

Earlier, captain Solkar played an excellent aggressive innings of 91 from just 49 balls. :)

We look set for a win here, unless GVE's tail can pull off a miracle.
Manager of The Tonkers and affiliate team Marvellous Effort That
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (11 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

JayTheFirebender

Postby JayTheFirebender » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:33 am

https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1332306
A top, top class performance by the Park XI against table toppers Pickersleigh. Lots of runs were expected on the 8 wear pitch, with Simes’
boys electing to bat first. Our bowling then choked their batsmen spectacularly, with Eric Snow’s 44(41) being the only resistance as they only just scraped to 101 before we bowled them out. Charlie Boreham led the charge with a 5-fer, though a lot of credit has to be given to my superhuman keeper and captain Josh Archer, who took no fewer than 6 catches and a stumping (the stumping off a medium fast bowler) and only conceded 2 byes...on 72% condition.

We then chased the total down pretty easily, lost a few wickets but Dewey made sure that he stayed till the end with 47(41)*, assisted by Cottrel’s 25 and an unbeaten 15(8)* from the skipper to see us home by 7 wickets in the 15th over.

We now sit at second on the table at 35 points behind Pickersleigh who are on 39. It looks like our upset loss against the 20k rated bots is going to come back and haunt us come end of season, as if not for that we’d be equal on points with the table toppers. My only hope of winning the league now is to hammer all the bots, beat the Krodglets by a considerable margin and hope that they thrash Pickersleigh to being their NRR lower than mine...looks very difficult.

James018

Postby James018 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:11 am

MOD-tonk6464 wrote:Sam Allman, you son of a gun! 6/17 - ripped through GVE's top and middle order! :D

Earlier, captain Solkar played an excellent aggressive innings of 91 from just 49 balls. :)

We look set for a win here, unless GVE's tail can pull off a miracle.

Haven't had much luck this season in T20, a format where we're traditionally quite strong. We looked well on track after 6 overs but Allman played an utter blinder. Good players will do that sometimes. Well done to your boys!

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:43 am

https://www.stumpedgame.com/display_com ... ch=1305875

I must say, the Hawarden Rangers are really putting up a fight despite the clear difference in quality between our two teams. Though the ME has been really funny today. We hit 19 runs off an over, and in the next one his 65% condition bowler Hendry bowls a double wicket maiden :? . We could still choke very easily though... at 131/5 we need at least 45 runs in the next 5 overs to seal the match for ourselves.

Edit 2: So we ended on 187/8 courteousy of another unbeaten cameo of 21(10) from Blackwell. I'm hoping that we win, ideally by a large margin to boost our NRR. Really hope that playing Ruchir for developement purposes instead of in-form seamer Yeluri doesn't backfire, he's gone for 8 runs in his first over. Jonathan Hendry is everywhere though, 3 wickets to his name, a runout, and a catch, all at 65% condition. Wouldn't be surprised if he bats well too.

Edit 3: Ok, so hopefully we won't screw this up since we have then 17/2. Actually screw that, their keeper Maycock is now on 29(12), the game is well and truly on. Maycock has taken a liking to Dawson's bowling, he's hit him for 2 sixes and a 4 already.

And they're still not giving up. I like that they're not just rolling over like my team do so often, but actually trying even though the task is almost impossible. Strangest bowling figures though, most of my bowlers are going at over 8 RPO and then Vijayarangan just casually has figures of 3/12 after 4 overs.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins of of Britannia (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African franchise team (Rockhoppers CC)

HectorBlap

Postby HectorBlap » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:59 am

Wow! That was pathetic. Again a former player comes back to shred my team. 8 batsmen out for single figure scores including 4 of the top 5. I thought even my lettuce-limp batting line-up could bumble its way to 120. Another shocker of a pitch but that's not the reason for this shambolic carnival of incompetence. Might turn the batting order upside down for the next game, it's about the only thing I haven't tried yet.
Manager of Barnstoneworth CC (England) - perennial also-rans...and Manama Marauders (South Africa) - future also-rans...

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:01 pm

So in the end we bowled them out for 120 with everyone getting a wicket. The best bowler was by far Vijayarangan with 3/12, though Blackwell took 3/31 with Ruchir and Peake taking one each too. Dawson was taken to the cleaners by the Rangers batsmen who showed him no mercy with the bat, even getting hit for a 6 by their number 9, though he did get a consolation wicket at the end.

However, Barnstoneworth suffered a big loss today against West London Cricket Club. The latter batted first and struggled on a 73 wear pitch, and even though Barnstoneworth bowled really well, West London managed to scrape to 119 mainly thanks to 36 from Oli Bullock who forged some important partnerships with his teammates. Bullock then drew first blood with the ball as Barnstoneworth's batting lineup was torn apart, with leggie Utamveer Kohli leading the way with 4/14. Len Hopper resisted and played well for his 30(36), but there was too much for him to do as they were bowled out for 91 and West London won by 28 runs. This is actually to our gain though, as it means that we leapfrog Barnstoneworth to get to 2nd on the table.

No doubt that our encounter next week with HectorBlap's boys will probably play a major part in who wins the...errr...silver medal behind MP who are almost untouchable at this stage.
YVRK

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:07 pm

HectorBlap wrote:Wow! That was pathetic. Again a former player comes back to shred my team. 8 batsmen out for single figure scores including 4 of the top 5. I thought even my lettuce-limp batting line-up could bumble its way to 120. Another shocker of a pitch but that's not the reason for this shambolic carnival of incompetence. Might turn the batting order upside down for the next game, it's about the only thing I haven't tried yet.

Your next match is against me though...at your home ground, and for some reason my batsmen are useless at playing good spin :lol: , though I think that I may be able to adjust my bowling enough. Should be a good game!
YVRK

Return to “T20 Games”