Season 27

conradij

Re: Season 27

Postby conradij » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:31 pm

mike778 wrote:Good day for us... 9 clear now

And 7 in OD, odds on for a very impressive double :clap:

[ yes I'm trying to jinx you :) ]
Main team: Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126
Cup winners season 22
England DEV champion seasons 16, 23 and 25
Season 26: Runner-up, in everything

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:08 pm

https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1459967

T20 Div 2.3 just keeps pumping out thrillers this season!

The game was never going to be a high scoring one, with the fast, green and relatively worn pitch pitch together with typical English cloud cover meant that the seamers were in for a field day. Durham CCC put us in to bat and nobody got going, but thanks to some small knocks from Sherborne, Hitendra, Murad as well as a quick 14 from n0.10 Ruchir, we got to 140 exactly. A defendable target but Durham looked favourites.

Our bowlers managed to do a lot of damage to their top 5.We reduced them to 70/5 after 12 overs and it looked like we'd get the win. The middle order pair of Badenhorst and Consigliere had other plans, and targeted Jarvis and Blackwell to bump the RR right back up to take them to 112/5 after 16 overs. Peake was outstanding in the 17th over by taking out Consigliere and only conceding two runs. The next over had Badenhorst smoke Dawson for 14 runs to get the game level again. Peake however was once again excellent in the penultimate over as he took two wickets and conceded only 6 runs. 7 runs were needed in the final over with Badenhorst on strike, but Dawson struck gold as he got the batsman caught in the infield off a terrible leg stump pie, and then his pace meant that the tailenders could not quite get enough runs leading to us scraping the win by a solitary run! Peake was MOTM for his 3/20 as well as 3 catches, more than making up for his golden duck while batting.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

South African NAT assistant (Season 27)

mike778

Postby mike778 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:35 pm

conradij wrote:

Working... Very bad day for our bats
Leader and supreme commander of Chester Ducks .... (and SA Ducks)

SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21 (England)
2020 Champions - S25 (England), S26 (Euro-Africa)
DEV Champions - S24 (England)
Short League Champions - S19, S20

jammycarrot

Postby jammycarrot » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:06 pm

YVRK wrote:On a worn pitch we made the decision to for once, bowl first given our tendency to collapse on bowlers' tracks in T20 games while setting a score. We bowled Rajshahi out for less than 120 and chased it down comfortably with 7 wickets left, with Hitendra and Wyatt calmly batting us to the target.

Meanwhile, the seemingly unstoppable All In the Wrists got to a very respectable 170/7 against Leggs Eleven with good contributions from almost everyone. Perhaps a few runs less than they would've liked but above par for the pitch and with a very good bowling attack they were in to defend it. The Leggs Eleven batsmen hit some lusty blows but the sheer quality of jammycarrot's bowling reduced them to 89/5 after 13 overs. Out came all-rounder Hanson who was one of the two orchestrators of the Leggs' miraculous run chase over my own team a few weeks ago, and he too struck the ball sweetly, with middle order batsman Buck with him . But the equation still came down to 51 needed off only 3 overs/18 balls, with death bowling rated 65k to face up against. And then...Screenshot1.PNG

...the madlads did it again. Crazy stuff :crazy: , once again pulling off an unbelievable run chase against a team who solidly outrates them.

Thanks for immortalising last weeks mental collapse for me! :lol: :lol:
Luckily, normal service resumed this week, and promotion confirmed. Thankful that I don't have to worry too much about this front any more, efforts can go towards the SOD and Cup instead.
jammycarrot:
Manager of All In The Wrists http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=178 & Not From The Wrist
Assistant Manager of Sri Lankan National team (Pull a Sri Lankan!)

Current Ability: Can fit 3 whole jaffa cakes in his mouth at once!

elegantyak

Postby elegantyak » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:36 pm

jammycarrot wrote:
Luckily, normal service resumed this week, and promotion confirmed. Thankful that I don't have to worry too much about this front any more, efforts can go towards the SOD and Cup instead.

Congratulations on your promotion. Great job!

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:54 pm

A comprehensive win today, with good knocks for Wij and Laurence. Puts us in a good spot to sneak into the top 4 in a very competitive league below Chester...
Manager of Pest CCC English SOD Champions Season 25 and 26
Manager of Daft Serious CC
England National Team Manager

conradij

Postby conradij » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:03 pm

Stomalomalus wrote:A comprehensive win today, with good knocks for Wij and Laurence. Puts us in a good spot to sneak into the top 4 in a very competitive league below Chester...

If Jan can beat Chester next week then it opens up everything...
Cup winners season 22

conradij

Postby conradij » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:04 pm

mike778 wrote:
conradij wrote:

Working... Very bad day for our bats

Fire them :twisted:
Cup winners season 22

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:56 pm

jammycarrot wrote:Thanks for immortalising last weeks mental collapse for me! :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the promotion :clap: , your team were always a class above the rest of us and I'm sure that you'll be very competitive next season.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

South African NAT assistant (Season 27)

jammycarrot

Postby jammycarrot » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:57 pm

YVRK wrote:
jammycarrot wrote:Thanks for immortalising last weeks mental collapse for me! :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the promotion :clap: , your team were always a class above the rest of us and I'm sure that you'll be very competitive next season.
elegantyak wrote:
jammycarrot wrote:

Congratulations on your promotion. Great job!

Cheers both. Got a bit of luck here and there in a few games, but things have gone right and now I've just got to try go for the big one whilst the players are still in their prime!
jammycarrot:
Manager of All In The Wrists http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=178 & Not From The Wrist
Assistant Manager of Sri Lankan National team (Pull a Sri Lankan!)

Current Ability: Can fit 3 whole jaffa cakes in his mouth at once!

Return to “T20 Games”