Season 28

YVRK

Re: Season 28

Postby YVRK » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:18 am

https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1489095

An utter batting catastrophe so far against Leggs Eleven. I was initially going to bowl first on this relatively worn pitch, then switched at the last minute to electing to bat, and I am paying dearly for it, now in the exact situation which South Farthing were in last week.

Edit: Eh, 34/5. More of a matter of pride than anything else now. If the middle order does something special we have a chance of salvaging some NRR.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

South African NAT assistant (Season 27-28)

Sanga4

Postby Sanga4 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:57 am

YVRK wrote:https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1489095

An utter batting catastrophe so far against Leggs Eleven. I was initially going to bowl first on this relatively worn pitch, then switched at the last minute to electing to bat, and I am paying dearly for it, now in the exact situation which South Farthing were in last week.

Edit: Eh, 34/5. More of a matter of pride than anything else now. If the middle order does something special we have a chance of salvaging some NRR.

Aaand...you won! Seems that your all-rounders Peake and Jarvis has vengeance to exact on Leggs Eleven for the way in which they beat you last season. Very nice win.

I’m getting my arse handed to me every week after getting promoted to Asia T20 Div 2 for some reason :problem:

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:06 am

Didn't expect to pull off back to back massive upsets, especially not with a con riddled side against Tonks on an unfavourable deck, but pretty proud of the boys for getting within 22 runs after a captains knock of 41 off 16 for Ntombela threatened a late comeback. Not particularly happy the best bowler of the day was Ince though, his BQ was barely 3 yet 3-8 off 3.2 (although one of those was just Moseley lol) but the other wicket of Ntombela was more the annoying one. Smashes Sarwar and his like 6-8's everywhere, gets out to a 1/10 :problem: But eh it doesn't really change the result too much tbh, the damage was more done by their batsmen and seamers and Ince just got a chance to pad his stats a little (and if memory serves he's at least a half decent spinner). The difference was Solkar in the batting department with his 74, where-as no one passed 30 bar Ascott and Ntombela for me.

Well played anyway Tonks, enjoyable game bar that little annoyance but considering we took Sarwar for 24 off an over I'll call it even with that :lol: Also the fact Donda smashed Murray onto the roof when barely any of my bats could remotely get going was an amusing sight.

mike778

Postby mike778 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:01 pm

Pretty disastrous day for us against ProC. My keeper was injured in the cup but unlikely to have made that much difference. I think my team may have peaked so a 4th straight T20 looks difficult, they are the team to beat.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester Ducks .... (and SA Ducks)

SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21 (England), S27, S28 (Euro-Africa)
2020 Champions - S25 (England), S26, S27, S28 (Euro-Africa)
DEV Champions - S24 (England)
Short League Champions - S19, S20

conradij

Postby conradij » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:14 pm

mike778 wrote:Pretty disastrous day for us against ProC. My keeper was injured in the cup but unlikely to have made that much difference. I think my team may have peaked so a 4th straight T20 looks difficult, they are the team to beat.

So far so good, but a long way to go
Main team: Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126
Cup winners season 22
England DEV champion seasons 16, 23 and 25
Season 26: Runner-up, in everything

JayTheFirebender

Postby JayTheFirebender » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:01 am

So thanks to me not paying attention to the game last week my all-rounder Sharif ended up getting an injury spanning 3 weeks, ruling him out of 3 must-win fixtures.

We ended up losing DEV and getting relegated back to Div 3 in the final week, and the same story for T20 after we lost and Elemental Beasts got over the line against DPSC.

Now I have to throw everything at SOD and hope that we win our match against Sturzo so that we can get promoted to Div 2 in that format after getting relegated in the others. With the way my luck has been going, that probably won’t happen either.
Manager of a bunch of virtual park cricketers since August 2020.

Other interests include: PC gaming, (actual) cricket, collecting trading cards and attempting to fix broken things.

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:32 am

Nailbiter in the final game of Oceania 2.2 this season. Usz bowled well to contain my team FI to just 174 on a good wicket. Their quick Sicklebough took 5 wickets to stake a claim for the bowling medal for the season, bringing his total to 33 - one more than my bowler Abeysundere. A good run chase went to the last over, USZ needed just five runs to win, with Azmat on 85 off 52 balls and on strike. Abeysundere took the ball, he was wicketless after three overs and had leaked 24 runs... not looking great! It was a magic final over though - he had Azmat stumped on ball one, Sicklebough bowled for a duck on ball three to reclaim the bowling medal spot, and then he conceded just 2 runs off the final three balls to seal a huge win. FI finishes the season undefeated in T20 and straight back to division 1.
Fictionally Inclined (Oceania) and affiliate Absolute Madness (America). Zimbabwe youth and currently Nat manager.

Return to “T20 Games”