Season 25

YVRK

Re: Season 25

Postby YVRK » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:36 am

As the cup has screwed over my players’ condition again, I’ve set some rather interesting orders for my DEV game against MP which I’m going to lose anyway, with key players Sherborne (my best pure DEV batsman :( ) and Ruchir being rested and two pure filler players coming in for them. We’ll get pasted, and I fear that we’re not as competitive as we would’ve liked to be in DEV (since we’ve been prioritising Cup matches )and unless we pull off some more upsets I can’t see us finishing higher than 7th.

Meanwhile my affiliate finally get some respite from the constant thrashings in their DEV league as they face a bot today.

Edit: So my team has somehow blundered to 155 all out and have MP 33/3. Now all we need to do is dismiss their 46 skill batsman...he’s hit 2 6s in one over off my tail clearer to relieve the pressure
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins of of Britannia (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African franchise team (Rockhoppers CC)

angeltoast

Postby angeltoast » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:27 am

My new bowler just logged two no-balls, two wides, and four leg-byes in one over. No runs were scored, as no-one could figure out where the hell the ball was going, not even the bowler. The match cemmentary said: "Not sure Brown can handle the pressure." :lol: :clap:
Lizzie Mills - Unseen Cricket Club (main team) and Cable Street Particulars (affiliate)

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:22 pm

Annoyingly Simes’ lower skill batsmen seem incredibly good at rotating strike to Abbot, who finds the boundary with every ball he touches

Edit: Nooo...Abbot has been dropped off Blackwell, who then proceeded to trap the other bloke LBW. But still, that was a golden chance, and given that they don’t bat super deep with today’s team we could’ve got back into the game.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins of of Britannia (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African franchise team (Rockhoppers CC)

paul857

Postby paul857 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:09 pm

So far in our match vs a BOT we've managed to bowl 3 no balls and 21 wides compared to their 3 no balls and 13 wides. Hope my 16 & 17 year old bowlers work on their accuracy before we come up against tougher opposition.

https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1307983
Manager of England-based White Room and South Africa-based franchise Cow Corner.

Assistant/Coach/Tactician of the South Africa national team.

Simes

Postby Simes » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 pm

YVRK wrote:Annoyingly Simes’ lower skill batsmen seem incredibly good at rotating strike to Abbot, who finds the boundary with every ball he touches

Edit: Nooo...Abbot has been dropped off Blackwell, who then proceeded to trap the other bloke LBW. But still, that was a golden chance, and given that they don’t bat super deep with today’s team we could’ve got back into the game.

One day you'll have a player like Abbot. You just have to keep faith with the youth pull lottery.
Malvern Pickersleigh
& Pickersleigh

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:47 pm

Simes wrote:
YVRK wrote:Annoyingly Simes’ lower skill batsmen seem incredibly good at rotating strike to Abbot, who finds the boundary with every ball he touches

One day you'll have a player like Abbot. You just have to keep faith with the youth pull lottery.

I do have Ansar, who has 47 potential batting with 20 attack (so not as good but he’ll still be a monster), but his current skill is only 20, currently using him as a batting all-rounder as his bowling is ok

Well played, Jeal played the perfect foil to Abbot by rotating the strike while the latter went ballistic, very unlucky to end up stranded on 99. Can’t help but feel that we would’ve won had we got him out early, but I did rest a few players as well as only giving a fatigued Vijayarangan 4 overs.
YVRK

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:03 am

Pulled off a thumping 114 run win over Jims XI today for the main team after having been sent into bat off the back of a rollicking 66 off just 31 balls by Alder who continues to impress in all formats this season. Though his innings only came after the hard work of Gasela (23 off 38), Grice (46 off 50) and the just as impressive Cairns (62 off 63) also plundered his former teams attack. Kudesia (19* off 23) and Ritter (9* off 3) then finished the innings off in style.

In response, the openers first tried Wicks arm to no avail before trying the same to Ben 'bullet arm' Alder resulting in the early loss of both batsmen. Wicks and Alder then combined to get a wicket in the formers first over, and soon Wicks had 2 before he and Alder combined once more for his hattrick ball to have Jims effectively out of the contest at 5-55! Ntombela came on and got a few out to return 2-4 from his 4 overs but should've had at least one more if not for some sloppy catching from the Chad (who dropped 2 dollys in 2 overs!) and it seemed to be contagious as Cairns fumbled a stumping chance off of Ritter soon after. Though 2 from Kudesia to continue his good game cost Wicks his chance at 5, he came back on despite some tail end resistance to claim his 4th and the win.

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:17 am

We are err...in a lot of trouble atm against Leggs Eleven
https://www.stumpedgame.com/display_com ... ch=1307595

Their bowlers have been nothing short of sublime, and unless Blackwell, Ansar and our tail pull off something magical they look favourited to win, anything short of 200 is chaseable. Actually, Ansar is out, I might as well kiss this game goodbye, another game lost against a team I should’ve beaten.
YVRK

WaddyWoody

Postby WaddyWoody » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:54 am

YVRK wrote:We are err...in a lot of trouble atm against Leggs Eleven

Their bowlers have been nothing short of sublime, and unless Blackwell, Ansar and our tail pull off something magical they look favourited to win, anything short of 200 is chaseable. Actually, Ansar is out, I might as well kiss this game goodbye, another game lost against a team I should’ve beaten.

I'm not sure why you would write this game off? 206 off 40 overs is a decent scoreline and run rate, and on a grassy wicket. Your bowling is superior to their batting in every aspect and by quite a distance. Unless you have fielded a bunch of spinners on this wicket, I would fancy your chances here.
Leading the Woodpeckers (main) and Wolverines (affiliate) nowhere fast.

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:12 pm

WaddyWoody wrote:
YVRK wrote:We are err...in a lot of trouble atm against Leggs Eleven

I'm not sure why you would write this game off? 206 off 40 overs is a decent scoreline and run rate, and on a grassy wicket. Your bowling is superior to their batting in every aspect and by quite a distance. Unless you have fielded a bunch of spinners on this wicket, I would fancy your chances here.

I just have no confidence in my team atm. Tbf I didn’t realise that our tail would wag us to 200, but their top order has come out with real intent, my superstar bowler with 11 movement has been carted already. If they get to 50 for no loss I don’t fancy my chances, especially since my fielding is rubbish. From the looks of it their tail aren’t mugs with the bat either.
YVRK

Return to “Development Games”