Season 25

YVRK

Re: Season 25

Postby YVRK » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:06 am

MagvGarlic wrote:How to win a dev match: opponent bowls five wides, three to the boundary

End of over 2 (21 runs) Dynamo Morpork 29/1 RR=14.5
139 runs required from 228 balls RRR=3.66
Menno Fouche* 2 (2) Louis Kotze 9 (9) Aalderik Koekemoer 1-0-21-0

My main team and affiliate are trying to outdo each other smh. Komoeker just blew every chance of us winning that game with that 21 run first over where his bowling was off the pitch so much that my keeper couldn't even hope to stop extras
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins of of Britannia (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African franchise team (Rockhoppers CC)

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:57 am

Main team ended up limiting the damage to 205/8, and captain Vattyam's poor run of form continues as he bags a golden duck on the first ball of the innings. At one point he was my best DEV batsman and is nearly 30 skilled at the moment, maybe Miller should take first ball from now on....

Anyways Sherborne cannot find a run at all and is all at sea against the relentless accuracy and pace of the opposition bowlers
Last edited by YVRK on Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins of of Britannia (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African franchise team (Rockhoppers CC)

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:05 pm

Cairn's is a freak...current and potential wise no one would think he's a bat who could average 100, but the proof is in the pudding...He's averaging 120 this season, with 3 hundreds, over 200 runs ahead in the leading runscorer, and made another lazy 64* today in what turned into a cruisy 7 wicket win in the end. To think if I batted first more often, he might've finished with 1000+ dev runs and maybe an even more insane average.
And he's only 19 and the worst pot bat of the top 6 bar Wicks....

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:51 pm

https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1307629

Oh man, we came so close to coming out from the grave. Sherborne made a nice 50 and while it was supported by Blackwell and Ansar who both made 26, once all 3 were out all hope seemed lost. It was then when superstar Vijayarangan decided to finally make use of his batting talent as he forged small stands first with Yeluri and then with Ruchir to get us in with a chance. However, Ruchir struggled to rotate strike or find the boundary and chopped on for 4(10). Number 11 Dawson (who has err...10 batting skill?) then stepped out to bat and clubbed his first two balls for 4s to get the equation to 16 off 14, and then took a single. Unfortunately Vijayarangan played one shot too many and in trying to clear the infield he only got a tickle to the keeper, and had to depart for a fighting 22 as we fell just 15 runs short. Looking at the graph, the Wanderers had a really fruitful last few overs, and if we'd kept them down maybe 10 runs then we may have won. Ruchir's attempts at attacking shots despite having 4 attacking skill may have cost us the game - if he'd rotated strike to Vijayarangan then we may have actually had more balls to chase the target down.

All that said I'm happy that we showed a fight in a game that looked done and dusted even though we were on the losing side
YVRK

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:43 am

Sealed top spot today with a empathatic 92 run win as we fielded our strongest dev side for the season at 49k, and considering by tinkering the bowlers a bit more we could've rated more, is a big tick for next season (though unfortunately we're still in div 2 :cry: ). Ritter was outstanding with the ball, taking 4, as Shuey and Ntombela proved impossible to get away and got a couple between themselves. And this was after they put on 54 for the last wicket as well.
With the bat, losing Wicks and Sandipa cheaply wasn't a big shock, though the loss of leading runscorer Cairns for a golden certainly was! It means he now finishes the season as clear winner still...but an average only of 98.5! Luckily Gasela picked up the slack as Alder didn't contribute much with the bat either, before some clean striking from Ntombela set Rowdy 213 to win, which they never looked like chasing after Ritter ran through the top order, then Shuey and Kudesia ran through the middle before Alder broke the last stand by throwing down the number 11's stumps to rob Ritter of a 5fer.

JayTheFirebender

Postby JayTheFirebender » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:33 am

So I set the MAS to 130 against the bots so that my player condition could be high enough for the crucial T20 on Wednesday. Wicketkeeper Archer then decides to score 81(70) sending his condition crashing down to 56% - whoops. He'll probably have to bat at 7 on 9 aggression in two days time

paul857

Postby paul857 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:49 am

I set my orders yesterday for White Room's match against a BOT. Wanted to give the younger guys a bowl so picked 16-17 year olds and chose to bowl. Only after checking the scorecard a few minutes ago did I realise they are all RMF! :D
Manager of England-based White Room and South Africa-based franchise Cow Corner.

Assistant/Coach/Tactician of the South Africa national team.

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:51 am

https://www.stumpedgame.com/display_com ... ch=1307632

Yep 3*(18), way to kill the scoring rate Torquil, especially while our leading DEV runscorer is stuck at the other end while you block out overs more than Sir Geoffrey. Although to be fair his idiotic manager (aka me) is more at fault here for not sending out Hitendra at 4 in the orders. Oh great, now Sherborne is out trying to up the scoring rate. The target score is a low 175, we probably won't even get there at this rate.
YVRK

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:22 pm

So after another Blackwell finishing masterclass (take notes Ansar) we got to 195, with Torquil in the end actually making a decent score of 34, but Hitendra and Ansar failed to kick on

They're 51/1 after 10 overs, and it seems that apparently the key on this pitch to scoring runs is just to slog like mad early on, one of mlmotpc's openers has scored 3 fours and a six just by throwing the bat at the ball. Really annoying...

Edit: Two wicket overs from Dawson, but all that work is undone as Ruchir concedes 18 runs off the following over, with the new batsman in needing no sighters as he goes 4, 4, 4 to get to 12*(3) . This is what you call intent, and it's something my batsmen lack, severely. Mlmotpc's batsmen are constantly getting at least one boundary per over, if not more, and if they go an over without finding the fence they make it up in the next one. Forget about winning the game, they'll finish this by the 25th over.

Edit: And there's that intent again. Only got one run off Blackwell's over? No problem, take 13 off Dawson's. Other teams have their batsmen constantly keep up a high run rate while mine just play a test match innings. Hitendra's let through 12 byes already today, at 11/16 skill I thought that he was pretty decent for a DEV keeper. Cmon lads, a triple wicket maiden would be nice...
YVRK

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:25 pm

And they've got over the line by 4 wickets in the 32nd over. Blackwell did eventually get Sheeran out for 49 but the latter had done his job and it was too little too late for us There was a little wobble where Ansar got a wicket to his name, but keeper-captain Agha continued to lead from the front with a captain's innings of 61*(50) to shepherd his side to not only a match win, but made sure that mlmotpc secured the DEV 2.1 title, so congratulations to them! :clap:

All in all, it's been a mixed season. We got some nice wins and also lost a few games that we pushed down to the wire but this DEV league has not been the weekly thrashing that I expected it to be so I'm happy with that. That said I still feel like we could have achieved more. The other underdog team in our league - Leggs Eleven outclassed us this season despite having significantly lower ratings and an almost entirely home grown team and their higher win tally proves it. The fact that a team with a pretty much home grown team and a similar starting date to me can do better probably illustrates that I have leaps and bounds to learn as a manager to get the best out of my probably more talented players like the Leggs Eleven manager - and indeed many other managers can do.
YVRK

Return to “Development Games”