Season 26

Stomalomalus

Re: Season 26

Postby Stomalomalus » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:51 pm

I seem to have lost the plot in the DEV league... too long not caring about results because I had a Div3 team in Div1...now my team is good enough but I'm too complacent.

Need some work.
Manager of Pest CCC English SOD Champions Season 25
Manager of Daft Serious CC
Assistant to England NT

Krypto

Postby Krypto » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:23 pm

I am unable to handle the intensity of a top league, it is killing my nerves .

Unreal game today against Jan CC . Needed to rest my best bat due to him scoring 124 in the Cup .

Team did well to restrict Jan to 176 as i taught 180 is a par score .That being said their last wicket partnership of 39 made my hair stand up .
I taught it was all done for at 123/8 , however Mark Rumble unbeaten 50 batting with the tail and a 29 run last wicket stand of our own brought home a game that can be best described as the battle of the 10th wicket .

https://www.stumpedgame.com/Partnership ... ch=1435529
Manager of KryptoKnights and KandorKings
Ex South-African National Manager
National Duties: Rudi Botha (South-Africa):Johannes Opperman (South-Africa)Austin Hyde(South-Africa)
National Duties:Vimbai Martinus (Zimbabwe)

conradij

Postby conradij » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:21 pm

Krypto wrote:I am unable to handle the intensity of a top league, it is killing my nerves .

Unreal game today against Jan CC . Needed to rest my best bat due to him scoring 124 in the Cup .

Team did well to restrict Jan to 176 as i taught 180 is a par score .That being said their last wicket partnership of 39 made my hair stand up .
I taught it was all done for at 123/8 , however Mark Rumble unbeaten 50 batting with the tail and a 29 run last wicket stand of our own brought home a game that can be best described as the battle of the 10th wicket .

https://www.stumpedgame.com/Partnership ... ch=1435529

Nice win! The DEV league seems crazier than usual. My team in second is nearly as close to the relegation fight as to top. I had another game today where I hit a huge score: 306. Sat back expecting a bonus point only for my opponent to easily come up close. Fortunately managed to stop Zorax at 290. I'm averaging scoring 258 a game and conceding 244 :shock:
Main team: Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126
Cup winners season 22
England DEV champion seasons 16 and 23

MagvGarlic

Postby MagvGarlic » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:06 pm

A pretty huge win today against mike's Chester Ducks (who is rebooting his DEV team tbf, average age of 16.7) sees me stay up in D2 for another year. Was worried for a bit when my bowler and makeshift opener Bungay got bogged down around the 15th over, thankfully he got himself out and the rest of the team put on an unassailable 240/7. The Ducks' only significant innings came from 19-touch Sutcliffe, Juan Baatjies made a few from opener as well but pretty much all my bowlers except for allrounder Van Heerdens chipped in.

After the OD league went to pot in about the first match of the season this is okay consolation.
Dynamo Morpork, registered since S24 in South Africa. Pottering about.

Zorax

Postby Zorax » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:26 pm

Raun Shkorer is having a monster of a Dev season in EurAfrica Div 1. Hit his 5th century of the season today as we chased down 260 odd Vs Krypto. Hit a century last time we played them as well.

Despite this rich vein of form he's only 2nd in the run scoring charts! Pro Castinator's Guy Aldridge has nearly 100 more runs but 3 centuries to Raun's 5.

Third highest run scorer in the league is a whole 180 runs behind Raun lol.
Zorax CC | Free HK
Five Demands, Not One Less
Learn more Here

paul857

Postby paul857 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:57 pm

Comfortable win vs Rajshahi today in the league decider. Lovely ton by Gilmour, backed up with an undefeated 65 by Wright, as we closed on 220-5. Their reply was going quite well at 102-2 after 19 overs but then Mercury, Geldenhuis & Dunstan shared 8 wickets between them to bowl out Rajshahi for 160 at the start of the 35th over to secure our 12th bonus point in 12 games. We're now 8 points clear, with a vastly superior NRR, so it looks like Division 2.3 here we come.

https://www.stumpedgame.com/league_tabl ... ague=25444
Manager of EurAfrica-based White Room and America-based franchise Cow Corner.

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:17 pm

Won comfortably against Northern Cowboys, and with well over 50 points and a huge gap between us and second place promotion to Div 2 is 100% guaranteed and we may even get through the whole DEV season without a single loss. Blackwell and Miller both only have one more full season (plus a few weeks) in DEV so will be crucial if I want to stay up next season.

Affiliate played nicely this season in DEV and are sitting at the top of their DEV Div 3 too, albeit not so comfortably with Free HK only 7 points behind us. We can afford one loss but any more and then we'll miss out on promotion. Today our batsmen got starts but couldn't convert, but young allrounder Fouche impressed once again with the bat as he got his maiden half century supported ably by bowling AR Van Rooyen. Fouche's first 3 batting innings read 41* , 31 and 60. Hopefully when trained up he'll give the affiliate the batting depth we lack.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

paul857

Postby paul857 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:40 pm

paul857 wrote:Comfortable win vs Rajshahi today in the league decider. Lovely ton by Gilmour, backed up with an undefeated 65 by Wright, as we closed on 220-5. Their reply was going quite well at 102-2 after 19 overs but then Mercury, Geldenhuis & Dunstan shared 8 wickets between them to bowl out Rajshahi for 160 at the start of the 35th over to secure our 12th bonus point in 12 games. We're now 8 points clear, with a vastly superior NRR, so it looks like Division 2.3 here we come.

https://www.stumpedgame.com/league_tabl ... ague=25444

Affiliate sealed their promotion to Division 2.2 after Mymajors dropped their bonus point, leaving us 11 points clear with two games remaining.
Manager of EurAfrica-based White Room and America-based franchise Cow Corner.

Squarebear

Postby Squarebear » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:52 am

Interesting day in EurAfrica 2.2 as leaders Morganshire threw the chasing pack a bone by falling 2 runs short v relegation-threatened Surrey.

Second-placed Chingford pulled to within 2 points of the leaders with a bonus point win over Los Galacticos. Could my boys, The Bar Is Open, stay in the mix? After all, we came into yesterday's game on the back of a ten match winning run, and opponents Sydneysixers hadn't won for ten matches.

Things looked to be going to form but a superb marshalling of the tail from sixers' WK Mdlobhiya got them home by one wicket.

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:59 am

We have been Rooted.
Manager of The Tonkers and affiliate team Marvellous Effort That
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (12 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

Return to “Development Games”