Season 27

bumpuss
Posts: 797
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:30 am

Season 27

Postby bumpuss » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:12 am

Started the season with a big win against the Krodglets. Sent in to bat first we scored 253 of 40 overs thanks Picard scoring a century and Curgenven's rapid fire 70 of 48 balls.

Chasing 253 was also going to be a big task, but my bowling attack isnt that strong. Tight bowling by Mustang, Tino and Alam kept the pressure on them, and we bowled them out for 132 runs in 25 overs.

Ratings were close, so I think its going to be very interesting and competitive season.

WaddyWoody
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:00 pm

Re: Season 27

Postby WaddyWoody » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:43 pm

The absolute arrogance and calmness from my number 11 to get us over the line in todays season opener :lol:

Very tight game, great contest. Almost threw it away at the very end, but emphatic way to finish!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (51.56 KiB) Viewed 757 times
Leading the Woodpeckers (main) and Wolverines (affiliate) nowhere fast.

paul857
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:20 pm
Location: Alloa

Re: Season 27

Postby paul857 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:46 pm

Nice bonus point win versus JAN CC to start off the EurAfrica 2.2 season.
Manager of EurAfrica-based Astronomy Domine and America-based franchise Cow Corner.

MagvGarlic
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:50 pm

Re: Season 27

Postby MagvGarlic » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:39 pm

Two mismatches today. A surprising thumping of All In The Wrists (in which a nice score was put up but no one backed up a start, Menno Fouche MOM with a rapidfire 43* and 4-0-6-2 with his medium pace trash), followed by the affiliate getting their ass handed to them by bumpuss' affiliate. At least one guy carried his bat there.
Dynamo Morpork, registered since S24 in South Africa. Pottering about.

ashok36
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:30 am

Re: Season 27

Postby ashok36 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:40 pm

WaddyWoody wrote:The absolute arrogance and calmness from my number 11 to get us over the line in todays season opener :lol:

Very tight game, great contest. Almost threw it away at the very end, but emphatic way to finish!


That was a great game my friend. I gave more overs to Liam Rumble, though he was a good bowler. That was one mistake. Also, my middle order didn't do well, after a great start from openers.

So happy for Adams to have picked up his first fifer against a good DEV side like yours. More than the result, I feel that following the right process and showing courage are important. As you said, your no.11 did well.

Hoping for more such close games and also hoping to finish more in the winning side as well.

Ashok.

paul857
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:20 pm
Location: Alloa

Re: Season 27

Postby paul857 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:08 pm

paul857 wrote:Nice bonus point win versus JAN CC to start off the EurAfrica 2.2 season.

And a bonus point win for the franchise against KandorKings (sorry Krypto).
Manager of EurAfrica-based Astronomy Domine and America-based franchise Cow Corner.

Krypto
Posts: 594
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:31 am

Re: Season 27

Postby Krypto » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:49 am

All good Paul , great result and performance by your team .

My dev side is focused on young guns that hasn't broken through yet , I have 7 under 17 guys im bleeding in my youth team .

The only frustration i have is that i forgot to change my default orders for dev , it wouldn't have changed results as you would've faced a even weaker team but i missed out on valuable training .
Manager of KryptoKnights
National Duties: Uys Fouche(South-Africa):Johannes Opperman (South-Africa)Mark Rumble(South-Africa)

jammycarrot
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:50 pm

Re: Season 27

Postby jammycarrot » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:58 am

MagvGarlic wrote:Two mismatches today. A surprising thumping of All In The Wrists (in which a nice score was put up but no one backed up a start, Menno Fouche MOM with a rapidfire 43* and 4-0-6-2 with his medium pace trash), followed by the affiliate getting their ass handed to them by bumpuss' affiliate. At least one guy carried his bat there.


New era for the DEV team at AITW - sadly lost a couple due to age and another couple have moved on up to the main team since we didn't missed out narrowly on promotion last season. Five 16 year olds in the squad is going to be a risk, especially with 3 of them being low level batsmen, aim is to simply stay up rather than fight for honours, but even if we do go down it'll hopefully at least give us a few new first team players in a few seasons time.

All that being said Fouche had a cracking game, that partnership really put us on the back foot.
jammycarrot:
Manager of All In The Wrists http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=178 & Not From The Wrist
Manager of Sri Lankan National team (Pull a Sri Lankan!)

Current Ability: Can fit 3 whole jaffa cakes in his mouth at once!

jammycarrot
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:50 pm

Re: Season 27

Postby jammycarrot » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:09 am

jammycarrot wrote:
MagvGarlic wrote:Two mismatches today. A surprising thumping of All In The Wrists (in which a nice score was put up but no one backed up a start, Menno Fouche MOM with a rapidfire 43* and 4-0-6-2 with his medium pace trash), followed by the affiliate getting their ass handed to them by bumpuss' affiliate. At least one guy carried his bat there.


New era for the DEV team at AITW - sadly lost a couple due to age and another couple have moved on up to the main team since we missed out narrowly on promotion last season. Five 16 year olds in the squad is going to be a risk, especially with 3 of them being low level batsmen, aim is to simply stay up rather than fight for honours, but even if we do go down it'll hopefully at least give us a few new first team players in a few seasons time.

All that being said Fouche had a cracking game, that partnership really put us on the back foot.
jammycarrot:
Manager of All In The Wrists http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=178 & Not From The Wrist
Manager of Sri Lankan National team (Pull a Sri Lankan!)

Current Ability: Can fit 3 whole jaffa cakes in his mouth at once!

paul857
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:20 pm
Location: Alloa

Re: Season 27

Postby paul857 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:01 am

DEV 2.2 in EurAfrica is strange today. All the teams that won last week are playing all the teams that lost, and every single one is struggling. Could be that by the close of play the table has everyone with one win, separated by bonus points and/or run rate!
Manager of EurAfrica-based Astronomy Domine and America-based franchise Cow Corner.


Return to “Development Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest