Season 27

Krypto

Re: Season 27

Postby Krypto » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:05 pm

Interested in Opinions regarding man of the match .
https://www.stumpedgame.com/MotM.php?Match=1462036

Ed Harris was awarded with man of the match with a great performance of 41 from 35 and best bowling of the day 3 for 34 in 8 overs .
My opener who is having a season of a lifetime Jaroen Du Toit scored 108 of 113 and as a part time bowler got 1 wicket for 20 in 3 and found it ironic that the wicket he got is the above mentioned Harris :lol:

Do you guys agree with the Pundits ?

Still very please with Du Toit efforts which is definitely match winning and imo his best innings so far and is out performing Uys Fouche at 49 rated and Aat Vosloo at 42 rated respectfully this season so can only hope he can get close to that magical 1000 run season which he needs 186 in the last two games to achieve this .
Manager of KryptoKnights
National Duties: Uys Fouche(South-Africa):Johannes Opperman (South-Africa)Mark Rumble(South-Africa)

conradij

Postby conradij » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:51 pm

Krypto wrote:Interested in Opinions regarding man of the match .
https://www.stumpedgame.com/MotM.php?Match=1462036

Ed Harris was awarded with man of the match with a great performance of 41 from 35 and best bowling of the day 3 for 34 in 8 overs .
My opener who is having a season of a lifetime Jaroen Du Toit scored 108 of 113 and as a part time bowler got 1 wicket for 20 in 3 and found it ironic that the wicket he got is the above mentioned Harris :lol:

Do you guys agree with the Pundits ?

Still very please with Du Toit efforts which is definitely match winning and imo his best innings so far and is out performing Uys Fouche at 49 rated and Aat Vosloo at 42 rated respectfully this season so can only hope he can get close to that magical 1000 run season which he needs 186 in the last two games to achieve this .

I've always found the pundits opinion frustrating! The main reason is that it deliberately doesn't take result into account. I think this often leads to odd results.
Main team: Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126
Cup winners season 22
England DEV champion seasons 16, 23 and 25
Season 26: Runner-up, in everything

mike778

Postby mike778 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:27 pm

To be fair ...

The pundits gave De Toit the outstanding one innings contribution with 110 points

Statistically, Harris was the best bowler in the game by a reasonable distance if you take into account wickets and economy. Plus he scored a useful 41 at better than a run a game. The pundits are claiming that Harris' batting and bowling combined had a similar effect on the game as De Toit's batting which from a purely statistical point of view seems reasonable. With Harris' catch as well giving him a bit of a lead.

In real life De Toit would get it as the match winning knock.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester Ducks .... (and SA Ducks)

SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21 (England), S27 (Euro-Africa)
2020 Champions - S25 (England), S26, S27 (Euro-Africa)
DEV Champions - S24 (England)
Short League Champions - S19, S20

Krypto

Postby Krypto » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:00 pm

Thnx Pro and Mike....

Pro i dont find man of the match system frustrating however do agree it is a little unrealistic for the win not to be part of the calculation, strangely i didnt think of the win either lol. I was just comparing the performances and for me a 100 is compared to a 5fer for bowlers. So i agree the performances of the 2 is close due to the pace of Harris innings and agree fully with Mikes assesment as always brilliantly astute.

Du Toit made my day.... Performances like this is where my passion started for this game so very very happy about it. Monsieurflibble played very well and delivered a very tight contest. However i can say the result became secondary in this game as i was just enjoying Du Tiot unbelievable fight in what seemed a losing battle, my low batting trained keeper played out of his socks aswell as my underperforming all rounder in Bezuidenhout who had a very rare glimps of batting glory pulled it out of the fire. However it was all about Du Tiot today for me. Imagining the poker faced young batsman giving it his all(i know it means nothing as a batsman but it gives charecter and thats the point) .... This is stumped for me, the analytics etc is fun but when the imaginary players shine through.... Thats what ive been missing since the merger.... Found it again and relieved....
Manager of KryptoKnights
National Duties: Uys Fouche(South-Africa):Johannes Opperman (South-Africa)Mark Rumble(South-Africa)

Krypto

Postby Krypto » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:08 pm

EuroAfrica div 1 is setting up incredibly and is nuts .

Every position is still up for grabs with 4 managers still fighting to hold their div 1 space or be relegated and top spot can go to one of 3 managers mathematically. This means Stellar Soldiers is in 3rd spot with a mathematical chance of winning however also in with a chance to be relegated . With only 2 relegation spots confirmed.

This is the closest league i have ever been involved in .
Manager of KryptoKnights

Return to “Development Games”