Affiliate friendly competition

rtj45

Affiliate friendly competition

Postby rtj45 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:12 am

Welcome to the affiliate friendly competition. Best of luck to you all!

The rules - same scoring system as the leagues in Stumped, bonus points are active. There are 5 groups where the top 8 teams will progress. The winner of each group will automatically progress with the top 3 runners up (based on points and then net run rate as a differentiator) joining them in the final 8. The top 8 teams will be ranked on points (with NRR as a differentiator) with the top seed playing the bottom seed, 2 v 7, 3 v 6 and 4 v 5, with the top half seeds gaining home advantage.

Let me know if any questions.

SEMI FINAL

Home v Away

SF1 Calgary Beer Guzzlers v Birmingham Bears
SF2 Marvellous Effort That v Talking Heads

Final standings

Final overall rankings
Last edited by rtj45 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:48 am, edited 9 times in total.
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

rtj45

Re: Affiliate friendly competition

Postby rtj45 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:13 am

Fixtures for round one below, kicking off at midday GMT today, best of luck and may the best (worst) team win!

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sat May 30, 2020 12:22 pm

The Galle Warriors have carted my seam bowlers around the park, they're currently at 50/1 off 7 overs. This is going to be a close contest, but I might be in with a chance thanks to my batting
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sat May 30, 2020 1:12 pm

YVRK wrote:The Galle Warriors have carted my seam bowlers around the park, they're currently at 50/1 off 7 overs. This is going to be a close contest, but I might be in with a chance thanks to my batting

You are in a very strong position now!

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sat May 30, 2020 1:27 pm

rtj45 wrote:
YVRK wrote:The Galle Warriors have carted my seam bowlers around the park, they're currently at 50/1 off 7 overs. This is going to be a close contest, but I might be in with a chance thanks to my batting

You are in a very strong position now!

Definitely, will try to keep them under 150 but their tail seems to be wagging, but given that I have two tail clearers it shouldn't hurt me too much.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sat May 30, 2020 1:43 pm

The Galle Warriors' tail have put up a mighty effort - 50 run stand! Amaratunga is currently on 27 from 70 balls. Given the fatigue of my bowlers and my spread out field, they look like they could get beyond 200, which could be a challenge to chase given that their bowling attack is rated similarly to mine - and their fielding is rated 10k better
YVRK

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sat May 30, 2020 5:53 pm

Tables updated after round one. Some very close ties this round (including my own) and a couple of absolute drubbings, good luck for next weeks fixtures.

RedSox

Postby RedSox » Sat May 30, 2020 6:35 pm

Pretty convincing win for the Beer Guzzlers - fine Saturday, on top for a week at least.

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sat May 30, 2020 7:17 pm

The Penguin Squad bowled out the Galle Warriors for 169 - had them at 98/7 at one point with the top 7 all gone, but a 67 run partnership for the 8th wicket beefed up the total. The 97 run partnership in good time between my openers sealed the game, and though I lost a few wickets after scoring became more difficult on this slowish pitch, my middle order saw me home for a comfortable 6 wicket win.
YVRK

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:05 am

Remember all that it is round 2 of the affiliate comp tomorrow. I'll post fixtures in due course.

Good luck!

Return to “Friendly Competitions”