Affiliate friendly competition

YVRK

Re: Affiliate friendly competition

Postby YVRK » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:56 pm

rtj45 wrote:Important chase for Weymouth Bay Windies here, they need a win to give themselves a shot at the last 8, a loss and they are eliminated.

Looks to be 50/50 atm, they're keeping on top of the RR but the wear of the pitch will work against them. Winterbourne is also tiring, and he's one of their best batsmen.

Though given that they have 8 wickets in hand, the odds are definitely in their favour. They need less than 4 per over, so it's a question of wickets, not runs.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

elli56

Postby elli56 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:18 pm

Done what we had to do..... sneaked over the line again :)
Weymouth Bay Sharks
Aff Weymouth Bay Windies

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:25 pm

We lost the toss on a worn home pitch with plenty of cloud cover and were sent in to bat, with Weymouth taking full advantage of conditions by reducing us to 20/4. However, a 79 run stand between Tim Peake and Oli Wyatt steadied the ship, making 63(90) and 30(62) respectively, and the tail as well as 31 extras contributed some runs to get us to a defendable total on this pitch of 175, though 200 was probably par. However, despite taking a wicket, Laurie Winterbourne once again showed his class against my team as he made an excellent 50 in tough batting conditions, well supported by Mark Levy and David Larkin, who made crucial scores of 20(33) and 17(58) which were essential in tiring my bowlers down. We had hope when they were all dismissed, but captain Reg Byers made full use of his quick runner trait to keep the scoreboard moving by taking singles and 2s through my overly defensive fields with the tail resilient at the other end, eventually steering the side home in the 44th over, finishing on 34(45), a true captain's innings in these tough conditions.

Disappointment from my batsmen but it was expected given the state of the pitch. However, my bowling performance did not match up to Weymouth's, and the 20 wides that we conceded may have made the difference if they were 10 less. Fielding was also a huge part of it, there were a lot of misfields towards the end and a couple of drops of key players.
Last edited by YVRK on Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:26 pm

elli56 wrote:Done what we had to do..... sneaked over the line again :)

Congrats :clap: . The two games which we've played have been really close runs so far, if you do qualify we may end up having another cracker of a game in the knockouts!
YVRK

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:36 pm

Unfortunately I think I'm knocked out by that win :lol:
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

elli56

Postby elli56 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:39 pm

Ta, nice write up too.

Every game I've played in this divvy has been close with you being the only side we hold the hammer over having lost both to Galle and Tobe so aye another game with the Penguins will do me ;)
Weymouth Bay Sharks
Aff Weymouth Bay Windies

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:43 pm

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:45 pm

So with the results from Group A, Penguin Squad top the group and as we know from round 5 have already qualified for the knockouts

Weymouth Bay finishing on a respectable 19 pts, will that be enough to finish as one of the best 3 runners up?

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:35 am

Tonks affiliate shoots to the top of the rankings after his 5th BP win in a row!!! I'll update the tables time permitting soon, been an odd and busy week!

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:28 am

rtj45 wrote:Tonks affiliate shoots to the top of the rankings after his 5th BP win in a row!!! I'll update the tables time permitting soon, been an odd and busy week!

8-)
Manager of The Tonkers and affiliate team Marvellous Effort That
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (12 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

Return to “Friendly Competitions”