Affiliate friendly competition

YVRK

Re: Affiliate friendly competition

Postby YVRK » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:44 am

rtj45 wrote:Jeez, another absolute thrashing handed out today as marvellous effort that bowled out Weymouth Bay Windies for 58 before chasing it down within 14 overs. :oops:

The ratings of Marvellous effort are ridiculous, 60k top order, 46k middle order, all bowling phases rated in the mid to high 40ks, 50k fielding, and 46k rating overall. Talking Head have similar ratings, except with better bowling and slightly inferior batting.

To give context, my full strength team is rated 38k overall, with only our top order, powerplay bowling and death bowling exceeding 40k.

How are affiliates so good already?!
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:48 am

YVRK wrote:
rtj45 wrote:Jeez, another absolute thrashing handed out today as marvellous effort that bowled out Weymouth Bay Windies for 58 before chasing it down within 14 overs. :oops:

The ratings of Marvellous effort are ridiculous, 60k top order, 46k middle order, all bowling phases rated in the mid to high 40ks, 50k fielding, and 46k rating overall. Talking Head have similar ratings, except with better bowling and slightly inferior batting.

To give context, my full strength team is rated 38k overall, with only our top order, powerplay bowling and death bowling exceeding 40k.

How are affiliates so good already?!

Bought some higher waged good players :), it isn't needed in div 3 imo but hey some teams have good teams.
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

elli56

Postby elli56 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:18 pm

Yep you could say we got a right "tonking"!! :lol: :lol:

never got going after winning the toss & deciding to bat on a pitch which look fairly innocuous bar a little early morning juice..... well done Tonks & GL in the semi's
Weymouth Bay Sharks
Aff Weymouth Bay Windies

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:46 pm

The Calgary Beer Guzzlers edged out Breaking Wind in a closer affair in qf3 but the favourite still got through!

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:35 am

elli56 wrote:

Yep you could say we got a right "tonking"!! :lol: :lol:

never got going after winning the toss & deciding to bat on a pitch which look fairly innocuous bar a little early morning juice..... well done Tonks & GL in the semi's

Thanks Elli. The match was more one-sided than I expected. I'm happy to be through to the semis. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Manager of The Tonkers and affiliate team Marvellous Effort That
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (12 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:44 am

And the Birmingham Blasters finish off the quarter finals with a thumping 161 run win over Penguin Squad.

Commiserations to our losing quarter finalists, the top 4 teams are certainly the best 4 in the competition and have shown their class in the knockouts...

I am randomising the draw for the semis and will post this soon. Best of luck to all.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:47 am

The semi finals (randomly generated) are:

Home v Away

SF1 Calgary Beer Guzzlers v Birmingham Bears
SF2 Marvellous Effort That v Talking Heads

Please can you arrange and complete your fixtures by 11pm on Saturday 1 August.

As before, I have the right to choose a winner or select a replacement should the fixture not be organised in time without due reason.

Best of luck to our semi finalists :)

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:52 am

Welp I got absolutely demolished. The Blasters won the toss and elected to bat. We had them 3/2 after the first 2 overs, and then 42/4 after 10 overs. Their 50k rated middle order then took the game away from me completely with two half centuries and a 49 (including an 82* off 65 balls from their number 7!) and even their tail easily found the fence despite my defensive fields. They ended up on 268/8, an unassailable total on a 40 wear pitch.

In response we collapsed to 107 all out with only 2 players scoring 20+, handing the Blasters a huge 161 run win. Honestly this game was like facing the top teams in my senior leagues with the high quality of cricket which lightning's affiliate was playing. Congrats to the Blasters and good luck for the semis! :thumbup:
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

RedSox

Postby RedSox » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:14 pm

rtj45 wrote:The semi finals (randomly generated) are:

Home v Away

SF1 Calgary Beer Guzzlers v Birmingham Bears
SF2 Marvellous Effort That v Talking Heads

Please can you arrange and complete your fixtures by 11pm on Saturday 1 August.

As before, I have the right to choose a winner or select a replacement should the fixture not be organised in time without due reason.

Best of luck to our semi finalists :)

Calgary Beer Guzzlers & Birmingham Blasters scheduled for 1600 Hrs on July 28th.

cooch31

Postby cooch31 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:11 am

Marvellous Effort That vs Talking Heads all set for 08:00 on 30 July

Return to “Friendly Competitions”