The Quarter Cup - Affiliates - Fixtures and Game discussion

ltraynor

The Quarter Cup - Affiliates - Fixtures and Game discussion

Postby ltraynor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:25 pm

Welcome to the Affiliates and Rookies part of the competition! Feel free to post discussions or banter of any kind here. Should be a great tournament given that everyone is on a relatively even playing field.

==========================================================================================================================

Affiliates Seeding (Used Random generator)

Group A

1. Woodys Wolverines
2. Birmingham Bashers
3. The Krodglets
4. Cable Street Particular XI
5. Absolute Madness
6. Nelson B
7. Sun Warriors
8. Wuhan Wonders

Group B

1. Free HK
2. East Row Eagles
3. Marvellous Effort That
4. The Penguin Squad
5. Not from the Wrists
6. Pickersleigh
7. The Brisbane Lions
8. Manama Marauders

====================================================================================================
Last edited by ltraynor on Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Manager of Lauderdale CC
Australian National Team Manager
National Duties: Mitul Patel (Bangladesh) Patrick Piggott (England)

ltraynor

Re: The Quarter Cup - Affiliates - Fixtures and Game discussion

Postby ltraynor » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:15 pm

Please note this is still going ahead, it's taken a backseat to the main comp because of the resurgence of numbers and waiting for the rollout of the Friendly comp system at the end of the season but rest assured this is still going ahead and I'll release more information during the offseason
Manager of Lauderdale CC
Australian National Team Manager
National Duties: Mitul Patel (Bangladesh) Patrick Piggott (England)

HectorBlap

Postby HectorBlap » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:40 am

Very fittingly, the worm graph for today's game resembles someone (probably one of my batsmen!) jumping off a cliff!

https://www.stumpedgame.com/display_com ... ch=1360064
Manager of Barnstoneworth CC (England) - perennial also-rans...and Manama Marauders (South Africa) - future also-rans...

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:43 pm

We’ve bowled the Brisbane Lions out for 176 and now have got off to a ridiculously slow start by being 40/1 after 15. Their bowlers are hardly giving anything away, and with the wear of the pitch and my batting fragility 176 may be all that’s needed...

And there goes the second one, we are not favourites to win at this stage, their bowling is far too disciplined unlike mine, where we’re still prone to bowling pies.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

Molle

Postby Molle » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:18 pm

So close yet so far - The tale of two tails.
Mine rolled over for 10 runs. The penguins tail stuck around and saw them home with a last wicket stand. Scrappy but entertaining game. Bring back the low scoring ODIs!

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:33 pm

Molle wrote:So close yet so far - The tale of two tails.
Mine rolled over for 10 runs. The penguins tail stuck around and saw them home with a last wicket stand. Scrappy but entertaining game. Bring back the low scoring ODIs!

Indeed it was entertaining. Blackwell played a hell of an innings batting at 8 to save our butts for the umpteenth time. I find it pretty funny that Peake and Yeluri who have 36 and 22 batting skill respectively failed and yet my worsI batsman Dawson who has a batting skill of ~10 somehow managed to stick around for long enough (he just about made up for his rubbish bowling today in comparison to everyone else) . Very well played anyways, things could’ve very easily gone the other way like they did in my game against Marvellous Effort where we lost by 7 runs, your bowlers were excellent but you probably didn’t have enough runs on the board to make it an absolute certain victory.

Agreed on the low scoring ODIs, I much prefer a game where 200-250 is par and it goes right down the the wire rather than one where 350 is chased down with relative ease.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:21 am

We're against Marvellous Effort on a road of a pitch, while it is green and low bouncing it's also 3 wear. We got off to a flying start in the powerplay but now the sheer quality of their bowling is starting to show, they've brought our RR down from over 7 RP0 to 4.7, as well as taking out our whole top order, with Sherborne throwing away yet another good start and getting out in an "unlucky" way for the gazillionth time - the man has the worst luck in the world by the looks of it :lol: .

Their bowlers are hardly giving anything away and my batsmen are finding it incredibly difficult to rotate strike. There's no way that my bowlers would be able to pull out such a miserly bowling performance on a minimal wear, but it remains to be seen how well we do. Slightly annoying that this pitch completely negates Blackwell, but Peake will be a monster while bowling here hopefully, and if we manage 250 or above I reckon we can make it a decent game

Edit: And we're now 151/6. If my top order doesn't collapse, my middle order never fails to. Even 200 looks difficult from here, especially since Blackwell is not playing today.
YVRK

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:32 pm

So I forgot to write about the conclusion of last game where I thought we were done for - we actually ended up pulling a huge upset and winning by 53 runs! The Affiliates B group is pulling out all sorts of interesting results, any of us could win on the day

31/2 chasing 115 against NFTW now on a 50 wear pitch after an excellent bowling performance, the game is in the balance...
YVRK

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:53 am

Very close between the top 4, tonks out in front, you me and not from the wrists in hot pursuit, and cant right of some of the middle of the table entities either!
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

lightning

Postby lightning » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:01 pm

Group A has Blasters 13 points clear but the next 4 teams are separated by 5 points:

The Krodglets: 36
Woodys Wolverines: 33
Wuhan Wanderers: 31
Sun Warriors: 31

Wolverines and Wanderers play each other next round.

Return to “Friendly Competitions”