Quarter Cup Game Day - Week 1

liquefry

Re: Quarter Cup Game Day - Week 1

Postby liquefry » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:07 am

Close matchup on paper between FI and Perry Pirates with a slight advantage to my team. And a home game to boot. We failed dismally - posted a mediocre 8/266, with Pipe posting a century but everyone else doing poorly, and then only took one wicket as the Pirates cantered home with more than 10 overs to spare. Awful!
Fictionally Inclined (Oceania - Australia youth) and affiliate Absolute Madness (America - Zimbabwe youth)

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:21 am

My affiliate managed to lose (somehow) on Sunday and win (somehow) today???
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:14 pm

199/6 chasing 213 against Marvellous Effort and I dare say that we’ve done a good job. Do wish that Peake hadn’t bagged a first baller, set batsman Wyatt is tired and after him and Blackwell at 8 there isn’t exactly much batting. We should win, but then again we lost 7 wickets for about 15 runs against the Blandforf Badgers once while we were cruising to victory, so I’m not certain yet.

Edit: And that my friends is what you call the kiss of death. Captain Redman has stepped up with a phenomenal hattrick to reduce us to 200/9. Blackwell is still here, but it looks like we’re about to pull off yet another spectacular choke that would make South Africa proud.

Edit 2: And that’s it, after number 11 Dawson managed to block out the 45th over, Blackwell batted like an idiot and took 3 runs instead of 2, Redman cleaned Dawson up next ball to get a 5-fer and give Marvellous Effort a nail biting 7 run victory, the second game in our group to result in a victory by that margin. As for us, our ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory is astounding, and I honestly don’t see how my lads can disappoint me any more than they have already. Well played anyways Tonks :thumbup:
Last edited by YVRK on Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:21 pm

YVRK wrote:199/6 chasing 213 against Marvellous Effort and I dare say that we’ve done a good job. Do wish that Peake hadn’t bagged a first baller, set batsman Wyatt is tired and after him and Blackwell at 8 there isn’t exactly much batting. We should win, but then again we lost 7 wickets for about 15 runs against the Blandforf Badgers once while we were cruising to victory, so I’m not certain yet.

Edit: And that my friends is what you call the kiss of death. Captain Redman has stepped up with a phenomenal hattrick to reduce us to 200/9. Blackwell is still here, but it looks like we’re about to pull off yet another spectacular choke that would make South Africa proud.

Tough luck!

We choked against NFTW in game 1, needing about 80 to win with 9 wickets in hand, we lost by 13 runs....

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:40 pm

rtj45 wrote:
YVRK wrote:199/6 chasing 213 against Marvellous Effort and I dare say that we’ve done a good job. Do wish that Peake hadn’t bagged a first baller, set batsman Wyatt is tired and after him and Blackwell at 8 there isn’t exactly much batting. We should win, but then again we lost 7 wickets for about 15 runs against the Blandforf Badgers once while we were cruising to victory, so I’m not certain yet.

Tough luck!

We choked against NFTW in game 1, needing about 80 to win with 9 wickets in hand, we lost by 13 runs....

But you pulled of a spectacular victory against Free HK today, also winning by 7 runs! In fact, they went through a very similar mega collapse to me...
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:48 pm

YVRK wrote:
rtj45 wrote:

Tough luck!

But you pulled of a spectacular victory against Free HK today, also winning by 7 runs! In fact, they went through a very similar mega collapse to me...

:mrgreen:

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:02 pm

Affiliates B last 3 match results:

East Row Eagles vs Free HK - East Row Eagles win by 7 runs

Marvellous Effort That vs The Penguin Squad - Marvellous Effort That win by 7 runs

Not From The Wrists vs The Brisbane Lions - Not From the Wrists win by 7 runs

:think:
YVRK

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:09 pm

Commiserations YVRK. You almost pulled off an upset victory there. Good game. Redman was acquired by my club only a few days ago and is already proving his worth.

It's weird how 3 matches in our league all had 7 run victory margins. :lol:
Manager of The Tonkers and affiliate team Marvellous Effort That
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (12 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

ltraynor

Postby ltraynor » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:39 am

Great round by the affiliates teams. Definitely feel for those on the losing end in Group B. All 3 of these teams could easily have won and in some cases may have been the more consistent on the day.

Sunday may be just as close with 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4.

The games in Group A have been less close to date but 1 vs 2 on Sunday also. Should be a really great day for watching Affiliate games this weekend.

Looking forward to the 2nd game for the Main Tournament tommorow! Some interesting matchups for sure.
Manager of Lauderdale CC
Australian National Team Manager
National Duties: Mitul Patel (Bangladesh) Patrick Piggott (England)

Return to “Friendly Competitions”