U 21 SOD League

stellar99

U 21 SOD League

Postby stellar99 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:30 am

This post is to Santhosh of Sir XI, Knight of Kalinga Knights and to all other managers who are playing the Friendly Comp "U 21 - SOD League".

https://www.stumpedgame.com/FriendlyCom ... .php?ID=19

@Santhosh: As the Comp runner, it is you who must ensure whether every manager is fielding an U21 team or not. Fixtures and tables are auto-generated, so the least we can expect is ensuring that all participants are following the league rules.

@Kalinga Knights: I am spending my valuable time in setting the orders. It is so unethical to see your full strength SOD team, playing against mine. If the age change happens after toss; or at least on the same day of match, that's fine. But forgetting to set the orders and make the match run against the set rules is a disgrace to my time and efforts.

https://www.stumpedgame.com/display_com ... ch=1362615

I keep setting early or late orders, as the timelines of matches are split across regional zones, without even considering weather and ground changes on the game day. It's painful to know that those efforts are in vain.

My humble request to all other managers: Participate in a league comp or friendly event, only if you are able to put up to it. I see many new teams just sign up, and they don't even follow up on orders. But, this coming from an experienced team like Knights is not fair, who seems to be running his match with a default team.

I know a lot of seasoned Pro managers in Stumped, who put their efforts to set orders for each of their games, no matter how significant/less-significant they are. So, I request these kind of responsible and basic set of minimum expected activities are taken care by all of us.

Thanks & Regards,
Stellar Ram.

Knight

Re: U 21 SOD League

Postby Knight » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:07 am

Terribly sorry. Been extremely busy at work and absolutely forgot that I have 5 games starting at 00.00 which is like 530 am. Default xi is playing all the games. Wish it were not the case, but the rules dictate that in cases like this the results can be reverted so kindly see that happens here.

Although it was an honest mistake, I still apologize for not setting the line up. However I can't promise that it won't happen again. Such is life, and the type of field I work in, I might not be available for days at end.. after all, a guy's gotta earn his bread and beer ;)

stellar99

Postby stellar99 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:00 am

Knight wrote:Terribly sorry. Been extremely busy at work and absolutely forgot that I have 5 games starting at 00.00 which is like 530 am. Default xi is playing all the games. Wish it were not the case, but the rules dictate that in cases like this the results can be reverted so kindly see that happens here.

Although it was an honest mistake, I still apologize for not setting the line up. However I can't promise that it won't happen again. Such is life, and the type of field I work in, I might not be available for days at end.. after all, a guy's gotta earn his bread and beer ;)

Rules reverting is fine. That ain't my problem. But this will be counted as a loss in my team's Friendly stats, and that my friend; is the terrible problem. Knowingly if my team would have gotten all out for less than 50-60 runs with my full strength team; I wouldn't have minded it. It happened today. But that's knowingly.

In my field of work, I think I don't need to work and given a free hand to set up Stumped game orders, at any time I want, 24x7, irrespective of the timezones. And they pay me for doing nothing.
:) Yeah, sometimes we can't avoid such things from happening. I wish I can also let it go easily. Thanks!

paul857

Postby paul857 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:49 am

I agree. If you take the time to enter a tournament you should know the rules because there's always a lead in time. I set the wrong orders for my affiliate in their first game but that was a stupid mistake on my part, so I emailed the opposition manager to apologise and the result has been reversed. It wasn't me forgetting orders rather I clicked on players without thinking and held my hands up afterwards.

However the same thing has happened in the second game where @cricketbuff of CRICKETBUTT has played at least two overage players. I know it's only a friendly competition but rules are rules. Perhaps @santoshd16 could send a mail out to managers as a wee reminder?
Manager of EurAfrica-based White Room and America-based franchise Cow Corner.

Knight

Postby Knight » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:06 am

In that case, I'd like to formally opt out of the tournament, if that's possible, to avoid hurting anyone's sentiments.

Don't take a dig at my work mate. That's uncalled for. I already apologized for not setting lineups. If you want a rematch, do let me know.

stellar99

Postby stellar99 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:30 am

Knight wrote:In that case, I'd like to formally opt out of the tournament, if that's possible, to avoid hurting anyone's sentiments.

Don't take a dig at my work mate. That's uncalled for. I already apologized for not setting lineups. If you want a rematch, do let me know.

Oh come on mate, I was just joking. I didn't take an intentional dig at your work. I always wish everyone, all the best in their respective professions.

You neither need to apologize nor go out of the tourney. For the second round, just make sure that we play a fair game. That's all! Rematch is needed. But you are welcome for a separate friendly match, at any time.

I humbly apologize if my words had hurt you. I don't keep my thoughts only in my mind. I speak out naturally. So please don't misunderstand me.

Thanks for your response! :thumbup:

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:46 am

I also forgot to set orders with both teams. Which means I both didn't get to test out my kids and I played overage players.

The matches are starting at midnight, so 2am for me. If I don't pay enough attention at night, it's super easy to forget. And because it doesn't default...

I think I have a suggestion for Rob, but I don't know how easy it is to implement. I wonder if it's possible to separate out 40 and 50 over rules at all?

Otherwise, I won't be entering any 50 over DEV tournaments anymore, as it's too easy to forget. And that's a shame.
Manager of Pest CCC English SOD Champions Season 25
Manager of Daft Serious CC
Assistant to England NT

stellar99

Postby stellar99 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:42 am

@Santhosh: Please look into my match against Malvern Pickersleigh. I could see that many games in the series had the default senior teams playing and you didn't update or replied to this post when I first pointed out the anomaly.

So, for a change, I too didn't modify the default team orders, hoping that Malvern will prove me wrong and I can forfeit the points. But, they are also playing their full strength Senior XI.

Now I can't see the point behind calling this tournament as "U 21 SOD"; unless you take any action, recalculate the points and let all the participants know the way forward.

Otherwise, the tournament is as good as individual friendlies and we can play to our wish.

Thanks!

Warm Regards,
Stellar Ram.

santoshd16

Postby santoshd16 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:42 am

stellar99 wrote:@Santhosh: Please look into my match against Malvern Pickersleigh. I could see that many games in the series had the default senior teams playing and you didn't update or replied to this post when I first pointed out the anomaly.

So, for a change, I too didn't modify the default team orders, hoping that Malvern will prove me wrong and I can forfeit the points. But, they are also playing their full strength Senior XI.

Now I can't see the point behind calling this tournament as "U 21 SOD"; unless you take any action, recalculate the points and let all the participants know the way forward.

Otherwise, the tournament is as good as individual friendlies and we can play to our wish.

Thanks!

Warm Regards,
Stellar Ram.

Hi Ram,

Sorry I did not see this thread before.

I am validating results on weekly basis and reverting results as below
1. Team not following rules will loose the match
2. If both have not followed rules then void option is used. This is added as temporary fix by Rob when I reached to him with this scenario.
In this case, both points and NRR are set to zero for both the team's.

Last it was updated on Monday. Please check for matches before that and let me know, if you have further doubts.

Rob said, he will be working on putting filters in future competitions where orders page will filter out player based on rules created.

Regards,
Santosh
Manager - SIR XI

stellar99

Postby stellar99 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:07 am

santoshd16 wrote:
Hi Ram,

Sorry I did not see this thread before.

I am validating results on weekly basis and reverting results as below
1. Team not following rules will loose the match
2. If both have not followed rules then void option is used. This is added as temporary fix by Rob when I reached to him with this scenario.
In this case, both points and NRR are set to zero for both the team's.

Last it was updated on Monday. Please check for matches before that and let me know, if you have further doubts.

Rob said, he will be working on putting filters in future competitions where orders page will filter out player based on rules created.

Regards,
Santosh

Thank you for your response and actions taken Santhosh. Good to know this info!

Anyways we lost the game. :lol: But, as we both fielded Senior teams, both teams won't be getting any points I believe.

Yeah, nice to know that Rob would be making some changes by adding filters and permanently fix this issue. Thanks again, to both of you!

Return to “Friendly Competitions”