Quarter Cup Game Day - Week 3

HectorBlap

Re: Quarter Cup Game Day - Week 3

Postby HectorBlap » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:04 pm

YVRK wrote:
HectorBlap wrote:
YVRK wrote:
Peake being a boss again 8-) . We need to keep up the pressure though, still a 100 odd runs to play with and 7 more wickets to take. Ansar is not helping though, sending down some absolute pies when we need to be keeping everything tight, and he's technically my 3rd best bowler by skill!

Yes, Peake is a right royal pain in the posterior!! :) These two need to put on at least 40...

Well it turns out that I've given Ruchir 10 overs by mistake, never a good idea with a sub 20 skill bowler with Flight and Guile...this should be over soon

Perhaps not the way you are expecting...one more wicket and we’re done. Liebenberg will need to get all of the runs...well that’s that...
Last edited by HectorBlap on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Manager of Barnstoneworth CC (England) - perennial also-rans...and Manama Marauders (South Africa) - future also-rans...

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:13 pm

HectorBlap wrote:
YVRK wrote:
HectorBlap wrote:
Yes, Peake is a right royal pain in the posterior!! :) These two need to put on at least 40...

Well it turns out that I've given Ruchir 10 overs by mistake, never a good idea with a sub 20 skill bowler with Flight and Guile...this should be over soon

Perhaps not the way you are expecting...

Man I love Bullet Armers, Lodi's bullet arm has got two of your wickets and flipped this game round. From the looks of it your tail can bat decently but with two tail clearers in Peake and Dawson I now have a chance

Edit: Huh, I seem to be on the winning end of a choke atm...
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

HectorBlap

Postby HectorBlap » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:35 pm

Well played, I enjoyed that and can’t complain about the performance. Plenty to build on...
Manager of Barnstoneworth CC (England) - perennial also-rans...and Manama Marauders (South Africa) - future also-rans...

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:42 pm

So some sublime death bowling saw us win by 19 runs. Ruchir did repay some faith by taking two key wickets despite being tonked. Vijayarangan deserves a lot of credit for keeping cool and being economical. Very happy that we ended up winning after you put together an opening partnership of over 100. Lodi surely for MOTM, 2 crucial runouts and 89 with the bat.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:38 am

We just had a very close match against Zorax CC. The Tonkers just managed to scrape through with a 4-run win. Nailbiting finish.

On Tuesday, Free HK managed to pull off an upset victory against Marvellous Effort That. Well played Zorax. :clap:
Manager of The Tonkers and affiliate team Marvellous Effort That
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (12 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

cricketfan123

Postby cricketfan123 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:51 pm

A 4 run loss for us as well. Can't blame the batsmen, bowlers especially my spinner - Dean leaked too many runs. Needham tried to salvage the match and almost did if not for his falling in 48th over. Bonus points has still kept us at #2.

Zorax

Postby Zorax » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:01 pm

MOD-tonk6464 wrote:We just had a very close match against Zorax CC. The Tonkers just managed to scrape through with a 4-run win. Nailbiting finish.

On Tuesday, Free HK managed to pull off an upset victory against Marvellous Effort That. Well played Zorax. :clap:

Cheers mate. Almost made it 2 upsets out of 2 ;)

Having a pretty poor run of it in general tho. On the losing end of most of my games so far, with ZCC but at least we've been competitive. Free HK has done surprisingly well though, bounced back excellently after two losses.
Zorax CC | Free HK
Five Demands, Not One Less
Learn more Here

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:21 am

We're currently collapsing badly against East Row Eagles, now at 124/6, despite a great stand between Lodi and Wyatt after RT's opening bowlers took out both my openers quickly.

We bat relatively deep, but Peake has been out of form with the bat in the longer format despite being a beast with the bat in T20. Need to take it a bit easier now, the first aim will be to get over 200

Edit:
30.4 W Gardiner to Blackwell 57 mph 6/10 off stump
push
total miss CLEAN BOWLED
not sure Blackwell could handle the pressure out there

28.2 W Smart to Lodi 55 mph 4/10 leg stump
attack
total miss CLEAN BOWLED
not sure Lodi could handle the pressure out there

28.5 W Smart to Ansar 57 mph 7/10 leg stump
block
total miss LBW!
not sure Ansar could handle the pressure out there

Oh for goodness' sake, Lodi has max experience and Blackwell has 11, and it's not like our RR was bad or anything. Welll, out comes my superstar, bowling AR (with 15/39 batting skill lol) hopefully he won't yield to pressure. Anything over 150 would be good now. Peake is really struggling out there, he's on 1(11) and has already edged to the slips once but has thankfully been put down.
YVRK

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:49 am

So we have them 58/4 chasing 191, not too bad. Still, I can't help but feel that their middle order and tail will take them home, Sasthi is looking well set. and they seem to be rotating the strike quite well. Still 130 odd runs to play with, we need a wicket very soon to apply pressure.

Edit: Vijayarangan has got the prized wicket of Swart, so now we're into the bowling all-rounders. This is a bold claim, but I reckon that it may be game over once (if) we get Sasthi. Sasthi's doing what batsmen are meant to do in this situation, hit a boundary/go for the 2s, and then hit a single at the end of the over to keep strike. My batsmen just get off strike first ball and let my tail get destroyed.
YVRK

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:00 am

https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1360115

Aaand...I got screwed by a 72 run partnership for the 7th wicket coming at basically a run-a-ball as ERE clinched it by 3 wickets.

Well played RT, I seriously underestimated the strength of your lower order with the bat. Shubarhatra was excellent in his rearguard and Gardiner played his part too. We were probably 30-50 runs short with the bat, but still should've won after getting you 5 down for 70-odd
YVRK

Return to “Friendly Competitions”