Quarter Cup Game Day - Week 3

rtj45

Re: Quarter Cup Game Day - Week 3

Postby rtj45 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:09 am

YVRK wrote:https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1360115

Aaand...I got screwed by a 72 run partnership for the 7th wicket coming at basically a run-a-ball as ERE clinched it by 3 wickets.

Well played RT, I seriously underestimated the strength of your lower order with the bat. Shubarhatra was excellent in his rearguard and Gardiner played his part too. We were probably 30-50 runs short with the bat, but still should've won after getting you 5 down for 70-odd

Pretty much all my bats, except Smart are over 20 batting, Shubhabrata is around 30, so always a chance :), good game.
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:46 pm

rtj45 wrote:
YVRK wrote:https://www.stumpedgame.com/Scorecard.php?Match=1360115

Aaand...I got screwed by a 72 run partnership for the 7th wicket coming at basically a run-a-ball as ERE clinched it by 3 wickets.

Well played RT, I seriously underestimated the strength of your lower order with the bat. Shubarhatra was excellent in his rearguard and Gardiner played his part too. We were probably 30-50 runs short with the bat, but still should've won after getting you 5 down for 70-odd

Pretty much all my bats, except Smart are over 20 batting, Shubhabrata is around 30, so always a chance :), good game.

Honestly from what you've said your pure bowlers are probably better with the bat than a lot of my pure batsmen. :lol:
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:24 am

At the half way stage in group D FI is coming fifth, having lost to three of the four teams higher placed and one of the lower teams. Our first two games were very one sided losses but all the rest have been pretty close. I am fairly confident that we can climb a spot or two on the home stretch but Setemares and Idle Wanderers are a class above.
Fictionally Inclined (Oceania - Australia youth) and affiliate Absolute Madness (America - Zimbabwe youth)

Return to “Friendly Competitions”