Quarter Cup Knockouts *All formats*

rtj45

Re: Quarter Cup Knockouts *All formats*

Postby rtj45 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:18 am

Affiliate won!! Into the final 4
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

ltraynor

Postby ltraynor » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:37 am

It sucks to say this especially if people are excited about favourable results, but there is a bug with the neutral venues that is bringing up the wrong conditions for the ground (As in it's giving conditions for another ground) this is likely to mean the games will need to be replayed. The Bug has been reported, so although games are going to proceed as normal as I can't stop them from going ahead, it may mean we need to redo the competition.

It sucks when this happens but I have no control over bugs such as this and we're testing the system this season so as expected things like this were always going to come up.
Manager of Lauderdale CC
Australian National Team Manager
National Duties: Mitul Patel (Bangladesh) Patrick Piggott (England)

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:40 am

ltraynor wrote:It sucks to say this especially if people are excited about favourable results, but there is a bug with the neutral venues that is bringing up the wrong conditions for the ground (As in it's giving conditions for another ground) this is likely to mean the games will need to be replayed. The Bug has been reported, so although games are going to proceed as normal as I can't stop them from going ahead, it may mean we need to redo the competition.

It sucks when this happens but I have no control over bugs such as this and we're testing the system this season so as expected things like this were always going to come up.

Tbh I think just roll with it, it may mean more to fix it for future rounds, so far the results have been pretty fair anyway
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:51 pm

I support the idea of re-running the matches due to the bug.

Managers expected one set of conditions and instead they received a completely different set of conditions. Orders that work well in one set of conditions may not work so well in other conditions. Managers should obviously receive the conditions that they have on their orders page prior to the match, otherwise it makes a bit of mockery of match orders and tactics.

Take my affiliate match yesterday as an example. It was supposed to be played at East Row Eagles home ground - low moisture, low wear, low bounce. Instead it got played at Penguin Squad's ground - high moisture, moderately-high wear and high bounce. Almost the complete opposite pitch conditions! I did win all of my knockout matches anyway but that's not the point.
Manager of The Tonkers and affiliate team Marvellous Effort That
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (12 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

SM-xmarra

Postby SM-xmarra » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:04 am

rtj45 wrote:
ltraynor wrote:It sucks to say this especially if people are excited about favourable results, but there is a bug with the neutral venues that is bringing up the wrong conditions for the ground (As in it's giving conditions for another ground) this is likely to mean the games will need to be replayed. The Bug has been reported, so although games are going to proceed as normal as I can't stop them from going ahead, it may mean we need to redo the competition.

Tbh I think just roll with it, it may mean more to fix it for future rounds, so far the results have been pretty fair anyway

This!
I mean its just a friendly competition.
Manager of Durham Elite, Wearside Lankans & New Zealand

Winners of SOD 1.1, season 16, 17 & 21
Winner of T20 1.1 season 21 & 24

Winner of International T20 - Season 12 & 22
Runner up of International SOD - Season 17

WaddyWoody

Postby WaddyWoody » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:25 pm

When is the next set of fixtures for the affiliates comp expected to be out?
Leading the Woodpeckers (main) and Wolverines (affiliate) nowhere fast.

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:32 pm

+1 for just keeping the results, fix it up for the next comp. At least both teams are equally affected.
Fictionally Inclined (Oceania - Australia youth) and affiliate Absolute Madness (America - Zimbabwe youth)

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:33 pm

Did anyone else notice the difference in expert previews in the T20 comp? One team went from 64k to 44k. Weird.
Fictionally Inclined (Oceania - Australia youth) and affiliate Absolute Madness (America - Zimbabwe youth)

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:34 pm

liquefry wrote: At least both teams are equally affected.

That is not necessarily the case. The new conditions could easily favour one team's orders over the other and teams can't properly plan for that. One could set orders for what they expect the conditions to change to but if the DEVs fix the bug before the match, then it could backfire.
Manager of The Tonkers and affiliate team Marvellous Effort That
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (12 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

jammycarrot

Postby jammycarrot » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:51 am

SM-xmarra wrote:
rtj45 wrote:

This!
I mean its just a friendly competition.

Agree - We have to treat the new system as essentially a beta-test, Rob himself has said it's a test of the system. I'm one of those who was screwed with the ground changes, but there's going to be a few bugs that the devs didn't foresee, and will only find through large scale testing. If that means I lost a game I should have won, so be it.

Once it rolls out fully and problems start affecting credits/rankings/in-game performance and money, then is the time for getting replays/compensation etc etc.
jammycarrot:
Manager of All In The Wrists http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=178 & Not From The Wrist
Assistant Manager of Sri Lankan National team (Pull a Sri Lankan!)

Current Ability: Can fit 3 whole jaffa cakes in his mouth at once!

Return to “Friendly Competitions”