Northstar Cup - Edition 2

ashok36

Re: Northstar Cup - Edition 2

Postby ashok36 » Sun May 08, 2022 9:40 am

WaddyWoody wrote:Good to see the competition up and running…. I see my team (Wolverines) entered the Multi-Verse and managed played a carbon copy of themselves… (Wolverines v Wolverines) - obviously this is not supposed to have happened. Is this a result of having an odd number of teams within the league and instead of one team receiving a BYE each week you end up playing yourself?

:D :D :D Yes, you are right. I and Stellar were silly enough, not to notice this issue. We will exclude these games from our final calculations for the top three. We apologize to all the teams for this mishap. But, please consider this as a funny thing and enjoy playing against yourselves. The third edition will have more teams in an even number total. Thanks!

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sun May 08, 2022 8:00 pm

WaddyWoody wrote:Good to see the competition up and running…. I see my team (Wolverines) entered the Multi-Verse and managed played a carbon copy of themselves… (Wolverines v Wolverines) - obviously this is not supposed to have happened. Is this a result of having an odd number of teams within the league and instead of one team receiving a BYE each week you end up playing yourself?

Le Roux and Rhodes must've felt very strange getting out to their own bowling. :lol: .
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad)

South African NAT assistant

National duties
: Aslam Ansar (Pakistan), Liam Dawson (New Zealand), William Torquil (South Africa) and Nicholas Blackwell (England)

WaddyWoody

Postby WaddyWoody » Sun May 08, 2022 9:40 pm

YVRK wrote:

Le Roux and Rhodes must've felt very strange getting out to their own bowling. :lol: .

Some very weird emotions all round I am sure! You’d like to think there was some hesitation from Paul before he ran himself out also
Leading the Woodpeckers (main) and Wolverines (affiliate) nowhere fast.

Boxer

Postby Boxer » Mon May 09, 2022 12:30 am

What a shame that after Tonker gave (what was presumably) bang on advice as to what was holding up the competition on the 7th - you must have then acted on that and games began at 0 hours on the 8th. Might it not have been better after such a long delay anyhow to have given people some notice (if it was not possible to have allowed some time lag between the posting of the fixture list and the first match?)

You informed via a forum post that the competition was beginning on the 8th at 4.15 am but by then of course the first matches were already played - with no possible chance to even have seen matches were up, let alone set orders (unless you are an insomniac) - the delays, the odd number of teams and now matches played before the fixture list was raised is rather a ......chaotic start! :o

Such a shame as there are so few of these events, not withstanding the hiccups your perseverance in running a comp are appreciated

ashok36

Postby ashok36 » Mon May 09, 2022 5:24 am

WaddyWoody wrote:
YVRK wrote:

Some very weird emotions all round I am sure! You’d like to think there was some hesitation from Paul before he ran himself out also

This is too funny. Doctor Strange's Multiverse of Madness is happening in real life as well. :D

ashok36

Postby ashok36 » Mon May 09, 2022 5:28 am

Boxer wrote:What a shame that after Tonker gave (what was presumably) bang on advice as to what was holding up the competition on the 7th - you must have then acted on that and games began at 0 hours on the 8th. Might it not have been better after such a long delay anyhow to have given people some notice (if it was not possible to have allowed some time lag between the posting of the fixture list and the first match?)

You informed via a forum post that the competition was beginning on the 8th at 4.15 am but by then of course the first matches were already played - with no possible chance to even have seen matches were up, let alone set orders (unless you are an insomniac) - the delays, the odd number of teams and now matches played before the fixture list was raised is rather a ......chaotic start! :o

Such a shame as there are so few of these events, not withstanding the hiccups your perseverance in running a comp are appreciated

I agree with all of your points. It's all a learning curve for both of us. I can assure you that edition 3 will be devoid of such silly mistakes. As the fixtures are set, you can now finalize the orders against each team, including yourself. :lol: It is indeed a chaotic start, but hey, what's life without some chaos? :)

By the way, you played a superb opening game against Stellar Soldiers and gave a run for their money. I thought you would win, but as usual, his strong tail wagged a bit to chase the paltry total of 129, which looked like a herculean task, because of your team's efficient bowling and fielding. Keep it up mate!

Boxer

Postby Boxer » Mon May 09, 2022 9:48 am

As ever sir, your good manners, acceptance of facts, humour and quick response make it impossible to be annoyed or frustrated! :)

I hope the year long running access problems have now been solved by the DEVs for your colleague

I wish I could take credit for any skill against Stella Soldiers - perhaps if I had known the match was taking place I would have lost easily! this has only shown that it is probably better if my team is managed on auto pilot! :D

ashok36

Postby ashok36 » Mon May 09, 2022 3:06 pm

Boxer wrote:As ever sir, your good manners, acceptance of facts, humour and quick response make it impossible to be annoyed or frustrated! :)

I hope the year long running access problems have now been solved by the DEVs for your colleague

I wish I could take credit for any skill against Stella Soldiers - perhaps if I had known the match was taking place I would have lost easily! this has only shown that it is probably better if my team is managed on auto pilot! :D

Thanks mate. But you've misspelt his team's name as "Stella Soldiers" and he is fuming in anger. :lol: :twisted:

conradij

Postby conradij » Mon May 09, 2022 5:47 pm

Stupid question.... Is a midnight game at the beginning or end of the day?!?
Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126

conradij

Postby conradij » Mon May 09, 2022 6:53 pm

conradij wrote:Stupid question.... Is a midnight game at the beginning or end of the day?!?

I'm assuming at the beginning as it appears before the financial update on the same day
Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126

Return to “Friendly Competitions”