English potentials Season 24

YVRK

Re: English potentials Season 24

Postby YVRK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:20 pm

Could my all-rounder Peake possibly get a cap?
https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=180738
39 bowling skill (will probably naturally pop to 40) with 35 batting skill and tail clearer. Lot of things going against him here though, he’s presumably been trained in accuracy a lot when he was playing DEVs , has tail clearer despite having high movement, and he’s been underdeveloped at his previous clubs, should’ve got to 40 skill in both disciplines. Maybe he could be handy for a game or two on a low bouncing, super green track as a first change bowler as well as adding some handy batting down the order? :crazy:

He’s a very useful all-rounder for me, but his chance to push for NAT level will be limited
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins of of Britannia (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African franchise team (Rockhoppers CC)

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:34 pm

YVRK wrote:Could my all-rounder Peake possibly get a cap?
39 bowling skill (will probably naturally pop to 40) with 35 batting skill and tail clearer. Lot of things going against him here though, he’s presumably been trained in accuracy a lot when he was playing DEVs , has tail clearer despite having high movement, and he’s been underdeveloped at his previous clubs, should’ve got to 40 skill in both disciplines. Maybe he could be handy for a game or two on a low bouncing, super green track as a first change bowler as well as adding some handy batting down the order? :crazy:

He’s a very useful all-rounder for me, but his chance to push for NAT level will be limited

I’m afraid with those secondaries (stamina, fielding), he’s unlikely to get close. Saying that, we don’t have a glut if all rounders. But on the other hand, we have rich in charge and he has a speed fetish;)
Manager of Pest CCC and Assistant to England NT
National Caps:
Ali Azmat (Pakistan) 9ODI, 3T20I, Kenny Sheldon (England) 7ODI, Andrew Bradfield (England) 5ODI, 4T20I, Firoz Subbanna (Bangladesh) 14T20I

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:37 pm

Stomalomalus wrote:

I’m afraid with those secondaries (stamina, fielding), he’s unlikely to get close. Saying that, we don’t have a glut if all rounders. But on the other hand, we have rich in charge and he has a speed fetish;)

:lol: Tbf if he was at least fast-medium I’m sure that his chances would’ve increased significantly, personally I would’ve trained him to become express myself. As I said he won’t be a regular but maybe might play a game here and there in suitable conditions
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins of of Britannia (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African franchise team (Rockhoppers CC)

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:55 am

YVRK wrote:
Stomalomalus wrote:

:lol: Tbf if he was at least fast-medium I’m sure that his chances would’ve increased significantly, personally I would’ve trained him to become express myself. As I said he won’t be a regular but maybe might play a game here and there in suitable conditions

Sorry, I was being a bit too nice...

He won't become an international, he's not good enough. He'll be a nice, solid club player for you. Like Tampoe for me, who is better because he has stamina and can field. He's never likely to gain a cap, either, because he's just not good enough.
National Caps:
Ali Azmat (Pakistan) 9ODI, 3T20I, Kenny Sheldon (England) 7ODI, Andrew Bradfield (England) 5ODI, 4T20I, Firoz Subbanna (Bangladesh) 14T20I

conradij

Postby conradij » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:12 am

Speaking about players that aren't good enough...

I'm assuming Singh fits that category but just in case you looking for a NBS...

https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=191615

36 bat with strike rotator
40 bowl with NBS
13 fielding
Main team: Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126
Cup winners season 22
England DEV champion seasons 16 and 23

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:19 am

conradij wrote:Speaking about players that aren't good enough...

I'm assuming Singh fits that category but just in case you looking for a NBS...

https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=191615

36 bat with strike rotator
40 bowl with NBS
13 fielding

Thanks. I've already taken a look at him :) We're pretty good in the spin bowling stocks, but he at least made the discussion thanks to that NBS.

On another topic: are you up for negotiating your offer price on him? :)
National Caps:

conradij

Postby conradij » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:28 am

possibly, only just put him on offer as i'm thinking about the possibility of moving him on longer term but in no rush to sell. ping me a message with what you're thinking.
Main team: Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126
Cup winners season 22
England DEV champion seasons 16 and 23

mike778

Postby mike778 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:43 am

Stomalomalus wrote:

With that in mind... How does Bob Mc stand? He is up to fast now and about 45 or 46 in current bowling.
Leader and supreme commander of Chester's finest (Chester Ducks) cricket team and their affiliate side (SA Ducks)

-English SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21
-Short League Champions - S19, S20

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:06 pm

mike778 wrote:
Stomalomalus wrote:

With that in mind... How does Bob Mc stand? He is up to fast now and about 45 or 46 in current bowling.

I’ve definitely mentioned him :) but his experience counts against as does his lack of traits. He’ll probably be more likely next time round.
National Caps:

elegantyak

Postby elegantyak » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:52 pm

Long shot, because I have no idea what his stats are, but have you scouted Tommy Biddle at Waldron Wanderers? He has a chunky wage and destroys me every time I play against him.

Return to “England”