Re: English potentials Season 24

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:48 pm

mike778 wrote:
lightning wrote:
rtj45 wrote:
Seam all rounders

Partnership Breaker is an issue also.

Not a fan of it?

Not decided myself. Find it unusual to see a partnership that lasts long enough for it to be mentioned in commentary (and if they do you are in trouble anyway) but PBs have got plenty of wickets for me in the past. Maybe the fade in effect is better than thought.

I'm undecided. I have a young DEV pb, my first, and he doesn't break many partnerships if I'm honest...

but he does take wickets.

PB isn't a killer for me, but I'd rather have a different trait, tbh. But internationals are different.
Manager of Pest CCC English SOD Champions Season 25
Manager of Daft Serious CC
Assistant to England NT

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:13 am

I know that you're looking for seam all-rounders, but what are your requirements for spin all-rounders?

Because Blackwell (https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=206966) could potentially be pushing close to NAT selection very soon. 39 skilled atm with the ball pushing towards 42 skill as just under the age of 20, very variation and accuracy skewed wrispin with flight and guile, and at his peak he'll also be a 35 skilled batsman or thearabouts. Also popped to 14 experience today, though I'm guessing that your requirements are at least 17 XP for NATs
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:17 am

YVRK wrote:I know that you're looking for seam all-rounders, but what are your requirements for spin all-rounders? Because Blackwell (https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=206966) could potentially be pushing close to NAT selection very soon. 39 skilled atm with the ball pushing towards 42 skill, and at his peak he'll also be a 35 skilled batsman. Also popped to 14 experience today, though I'm guessing that your requirements are at least 17 XP for NATs

Honestly right now, probably not yet but he isn't that far off. We have a couple spin all rounders in Avery and Bradfield who are very handy finger spinners so we might be after a wristie. I know of another wristie or two that might be close to selection but in all honesty I haven't scouted for a good season so unsure how they stack up
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

Return to “England”