Odin

Re: Zimbabwe scouts and discussion

Postby Odin » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:32 am

Hlela in my main squad at 41 batting.
Might be useful.

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:35 pm

Odin wrote:Hlela in my main squad at 41 batting.
Might be useful.

If it was up to me he would be in....though atm he is still fringe and may be considered at a later point.

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:38 pm

Jamie1984 wrote:
Lunarlord34 wrote:So anyone with noteworthy Zimbabwe players?
With the forced exclusions of a few players and moving on from a couple more, there's still a couple of spots in the squad up for grabs. Mostly looking for bowlers at this point, preferably seam bowling all-rounders but quality seam bowlers will still do the trick. Or even a spinner.

I pulled this opener today (yep, I’ve somehow fluked the youth academy pull lottery to get another batsman :lol:)
https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=221152

Only 43 pot batting and his fielding is mediocre, so he may not make it to the squad. However, he has the opener trait, with high
SS, good defence and excellent stamina perfectly synchronising with it to make him a much better player than his potentials make him out to be. If I train him well he should get to 40 skill in his prime.

Personally I’m pulling Zimbabwe from now on, ever since I pulled Wright I felt that it was my calling in this game to serve one of the smaller national teams. :)

I could've sworn I responded to this lol
I doubt he'll be high on our list when he comes of age, I guess it'll depend more on the options around then and how they're looking. Though his trait is certainly a bonus which could get him over the line if he's close/borderline. Though it would probably be best if he never played, as that would suggest our depth is good enough without needing this undoubtabley still very solid club player so I say that in the nicest way possible.

Glad to hear though that you're recruiting for Zim! I wish you luck in your endeavours in acquiring even higher quality scouts, as that'll benefit Zim in the long run for certain as well as yourself :thumbup:

Jamie1984

Postby Jamie1984 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:19 pm

Lunarlord34 wrote:
Jamie1984 wrote:
With the forced exclusions of a few players and moving on from a couple more, there's still a couple of spots in the squad up for grabs. Mostly looking for bowlers at this point, preferably seam bowling all-rounders but quality seam bowlers will still do the trick. Or even a spinner.

I pulled this opener today (yep, I’ve somehow fluked the youth academy pull lottery to get another batsman :lol:)
https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=221152

Only 43 pot batting and his fielding is mediocre, so he may not make it to the squad. However, he has the opener trait, with high
SS, good defence and excellent stamina perfectly synchronising with it to make him a much better player than his potentials make him out to be. If I train him well he should get to 40 skill in his prime.

Personally I’m pulling Zimbabwe from now on, ever since I pulled Wright I felt that it was my calling in this game to serve one of the smaller national teams. :)

I could've sworn I responded to this lol
I doubt he'll be high on our list when he comes of age, I guess it'll depend more on the options around then and how they're looking. Though his trait is certainly a bonus which could get him over the line if he's close/borderline. Though it would probably be best if he never played, as that would suggest our depth is good enough without needing this undoubtabley still very solid club player so I say that in the nicest way possible.

Glad to hear though that you're recruiting for Zim! I wish you luck in your endeavours in acquiring even higher quality scouts, as that'll benefit Zim in the long run for certain as well as yourself :thumbup:

No problems, just wanted to let you guys know. Hoping the best for the upcoming Zimbabwe pull!

Jamie1984

Postby Jamie1984 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:14 pm

Oh yeah I also pulled this guy today (think I’m burning through my scouting luck too early lol)
https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=221571

Even with his 45 bowling potential I’m a little doubtful of his national selection too, especially as he has average fielding, no bowling traits and can’t bat at all. However, he’ll still
be a class bowler, might get him to be a 150kph seamer to increase his chances. Also a potential skipper.

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:58 pm

Jamie1984 wrote:

Oh yeah I also pulled this guy today (think I’m burning through my scouting luck too early lol)

Even with his 45 bowling potential I’m a little doubtful of his national selection too, especially as he has average fielding, no bowling traits and can’t bat at all. However, he’ll still
be a class bowler, might get him to be a 150kph seamer to increase his chances. Also a potential skipper.

I mean the bowling front, he's probably a chance ngl. Although it'll depend on the other choices at the time he reaches 40+ skill of course. I don't see why he couldn't get to 41 skill and really put himself in the frame, especially if he's a fast bowler and a captain.

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:47 am

Jamie1984 wrote:

Crowd pleaser is a great income generating trait too - make sure you play him whenever you can in home games!

Jamie1984

Postby Jamie1984 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:16 pm

Lunarlord34 wrote:
Jamie1984 wrote:

I mean the bowling front, he's probably a chance ngl. Although it'll depend on the other choices at the time he reaches 40+ skill of course. I don't see why he couldn't get to 41 skill and really put himself in the frame, especially if he's a fast bowler and a captain.

Cool, thanks for the reply. Dodd is on pace training now, hopefully by the time he comes out of the youth league he'll be a genuine express pacer and contend for Zimbabwe, as well as maybe being their future captain.

Wasn't so lucky this week with my pull as I got a 31 bat potential 32 bowling potential player. He did have 17 potential stamina though, if he was maybe 13 points higher or more in either in batting or bowling he could've been a Zimbabwean star. But I won't give up hope especially since I've had 3 NAT quality Zimbabwe pulls already as well as a solid club level opener.

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:08 am

Jamie1984 wrote:
Lunarlord34 wrote:
Jamie1984 wrote:

Cool, thanks for the reply. Dodd is on pace training now, hopefully by the time he comes out of the youth league he'll be a genuine express pacer and contend for Zimbabwe, as well as maybe being their future captain.

Wasn't so lucky this week with my pull as I got a 31 bat potential 32 bowling potential player. He did have 17 potential stamina though, if he was maybe 13 points higher or more in either in batting or bowling he could've been a Zimbabwean star. But I won't give up hope especially since I've had 3 NAT quality Zimbabwe pulls already as well as a solid club level opener.

Not a problem mate, though if you really want to address a problem the nat team is going to have to confront at one stage or another is recruiting a gun seam bowler (basically anyone who is 45+ pot will suffice, but we lack the real star seamer of 50+). Bit of a hard ask, but I know personally I've been targeting one (or targeting a high pot bat is almost as useful) or at the very least a seam bowling allrounder.

I also ask this of anyone else who scouts Zim to target seamers over spinners preferably, though won't complain about high end spinners but seam is preferred (especially juicy with added pace). Batting allrounders who bowl seam or 'middling' seam bowlers with around 30 batting (so about 35/36 batting pot) are also welcome, but I don't know if I've stressed this enough, but we really do need a high end seam bowler to replace Donda/partner Austin in the coming seasons.

Dileep

Postby Dileep » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:31 pm

The more the merrier.

Seam bowler/Seam Allrounder/Top batsmen or a zim player :D

pull as many as you can and get early NAT callup opportunities than any other nation :D

Return to “Zimbabwe”