Zimbabwe scouts and discussion

Jamie1984

Re: Zimbabwe scouts and discussion

Postby Jamie1984 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:17 am

https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=225742

Pulled another 45 pot Zimbabwean seam bowler with the economical trait. Kinda annoyed since if his batting potential was 10 higher I would’ve finally found the all-rounder I’ve been looking for, and alternatively if he was 50 potential or more he would’ve been that star seamer that you guys need in the future.

All 6 of my bowling training slots (3 of them being used to rescue underdeveloped bowlers) are full though so might need to sell him after we’re done with the Cup. Have too many bowlers atm and can’t afford to play 6 of them in a game because of how weak my batting is.

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:15 am

Looks decent. Starting skills are a bit low so if you're not going to train him you probably want to sell ASAP to get max price for him.
Fictionally Inclined (Oceania - Australia youth) and affiliate Absolute Madness (America - Zimbabwe youth)

Jamie1984

Postby Jamie1984 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:10 pm

liquefry wrote:Looks decent. Starting skills are a bit low so if you're not going to train him you probably want to sell ASAP to get max price for him.

Yeah that's what I was concerned about, if I want to keep him I'm gonna have to ditch one of my current bowlers, I already have 7 which is already the maximum that a 14 man squad like mine can have. I'll give it a think. I do doubt that he would actually play for Zimbabwe though but idk, would still be a good club bowler especially with that trait

In fact as a bowler he's very similar to my current Zim bowling prospect Dodd - average fielder, can't really bat, base stamina, 45 bowling potential with the same distributions (except Mathetha has Dodd's movement and variation pots the other way round). Only difference are the trait and the fact that Mathetha is a left armer. However, both only have 13 pot accuracy meaning that it could be relatively easy to get both to be express pacers..very tempting.

I'll think about whether I should keep him or not

Lunarlord34

Postby Lunarlord34 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:30 pm

I mean trained up and with pace, with a good trait like that, a reasonable chance to make a claim for the Zim nat team. Though he may be a tad unlucky in that his career is probably going to run at the same time as what is probably our best seam attack evers time. But hey, 45 pot and like I said trained up with pace and you never know.

Jamie1984

Postby Jamie1984 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:24 pm

Lunarlord34 wrote:I mean trained up and with pace, with a good trait like that, a reasonable chance to make a claim for the Zim nat team. Though he may be a tad unlucky in that his career is probably going to run at the same time as what is probably our best seam attack evers time. But hey, 45 pot and like I said trained up with pace and you never know.

That’s fine, he’ll be a gun club bowler anyway which’ll be awesome, and if either him or Dodd make it to the national team even as backups then I’ll still be happy

Just need a quality all-rounder now. :D

Return to “Zimbabwe”