I think France.

Admiral

Re: FIFA WORLD CUP

Postby Admiral » Thu May 31, 2018 11:04 am

Germany! :thumbup:

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Thu May 31, 2018 2:27 pm

there are a lot of contenders for the world cup this year. Teams like France and Belgium are stacked in all positions otherthan full-backs. Germany have world class players in all positions and have solid bench. Brazil can make a deep run. Argentina have underperforming strikers but except Messi to do some magic and pull them through the late stages. England will be eliminated in the round of 16 if they somehow survive the group stages. Russia might make it out of the group stages. Uraguay and Senegal will be the dark horses.
I think that Germany or France will win the cup.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:25 am

Germany have got to win it haven't they? Yet they can't get a win in pre-cup warm ups :P.

There are lots of decent teams this year in Brazil, Argentina, France, Belgium, Spain, Uruguay but all are on a very level playing field.

France will probably blow it at some point, they seem to lack the composure of a trophy winning side.

I rate Belgium strongly, they definitely have some weaknesses but no team can match them in attack. There was a video on BBC discussing tactics to use against Belgium, they will play 3 at the back with Vertonghen, Alderwiereld and Kompany before stacking the midfield and attacking options with the likes of Carrasco, Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Mertens, Witsel/Dembele and Meunier. The back three are relatively slow and pacey teams could exploit counter-attacking football. England certainly have the pace to cause that back three some trouble.
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

lightning

Postby lightning » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:24 pm

I don't think there's a standout team this time round. I'm slightly favouring Spain.

Belgium have lots of quality individual players but not convinced they can play together.
Manager of Liverpool Vikings: winners of England T20 1.1 S15, S16 and S18 and Dev 1.1 S6.
Affiliate Warriors of the Wasteland

Current south Africa manager.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:30 pm

lightning wrote:I don't think there's a standout team this time round. I'm slightly favouring Spain.

Belgium have lots of quality individual players but not convinced they can play together.

I'm not sure Spain's squad is that great this year compared to previous years, I'm sure they will do well but I can't see them playing good enough football to beat the top teams
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:39 am

I think that spain have world class players in all positions except wingers but i am not sure that their manager is good enough to create a world cup winning system. They have midfielders on the bench that every country except germany and france would be jealous of.

GK - DDG
FB - alba and carvajal
MF- busquests iniesta(cant play the full 90) t.alcantara saul koke isco D.silva
ST - costa and aspas
They might not even play a striker. May go with 6 midfielders.

Pundits are underrating them and I think they will go deep into tournament.

Admiral

Postby Admiral » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:49 am

Germany Got this! :thumbup:

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:22 am

I think Belgium have peaked already.

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:50 pm

A very costly and uncharacteristic error from De gea there. The pressure always gets to him in international matches.

Return to “Other Sports”