Coronavirus Pandemic

Let's avoid politics and religion though, they just cause trouble.
jammycarrot

Re: Coronavirus Pandemic

Postby jammycarrot » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:22 pm

Attempting to move from Southern England to Scotland next week.

Yeah, it's going to be fun...
jammycarrot:
Manager of All In The Wrists http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=178 & Not From The Wrist
Assistant Manager of Sri Lankan National team (Pull a Sri Lankan!)

Current Ability: Can fit 3 whole jaffa cakes in his mouth at once!

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:26 pm

Squarebear wrote:So. How's everyone holding up?

Speaking as a fifty-something bloke in a "secure" job, with no elderly parents to worry about, I've thus far got away relatively unscathed. Our part of UK has been in various types of lockdown since Sept 25 which is getting tiresome, though it's really a minor inconvenience compared to what thousands, millions are going through.

I hope folks are taking care of their physical and emotional health. Keep setting those match orders. You know it makes sense.

Going decently. I live in an area of a relatively low population density but cases are rising here. The thought of a second lockdown isn't appealing here in the UK especially to owners of smaller businesses, shops or pubs/restaurants, but its necessary if we want to overcome this pandemic. I don't get as affected by distancing as much as others being a more introverted person and I have acquired solace from being alone with my thoughts away from the hustle of life, but it is tough to be away from friends and family whom I'd usually see, though I have kept touch via Facetime and calls. Though as you said, these are minor troubles compared to what others in the country and the world are going through and I wish everyone all the best to get through these troublesome times that we live in currently.

I must say that playing Stumped has been a great way to unwind for me, I've been relatively stressed over the last couple of days so its nice to see my young team bumbling its way along. Many thanks must go to Rob and Andy for keeping the game going though they too no doubt have their real life to attend to.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins of of Britannia (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African franchise team (Rockhoppers CC)

paul857

Postby paul857 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:12 pm

jammycarrot wrote:Attempting to move from Southern England to Scotland next week.

Should be interesting especially as we’re being told not to travel to anywhere in the UK. Even travel within Scotland is pretty restricted. If you’re moving house I’d check with whoever is transporting you.
Manager of England-based White Room and South Africa-based franchise Cow Corner.

Assistant/Coach/Tactician of the South Africa national team.

jammycarrot

Postby jammycarrot » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:57 pm

paul857 wrote:
jammycarrot wrote:Attempting to move from Southern England to Scotland next week.

Should be interesting especially as we’re being told not to travel to anywhere in the UK. Even travel within Scotland is pretty restricted. If you’re moving house I’d check with whoever is transporting you.

As it stands, we're good. In England, moving house is classed as essential and in Scotland, there are exceptions for any travel necessary that is related to the buying, selling or renting of homes.

Of course, a lot can change in the next two weeks! We're already fighting an uphill battle as our local bank branch has closed due to lack of staff and so getting some of the bank stuff sorted, which requires an in-branch visit, is proving a lot more difficult.
jammycarrot:
Manager of All In The Wrists http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=178 & Not From The Wrist

paul857

Postby paul857 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:07 am

I wish you luck.
Manager of England-based White Room and South Africa-based franchise Cow Corner.

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:06 am

In Australia we still have a few new cases popup now and then but otherwise we are under control.

Unfortunately until a vaccine is created..this covid thing will be ongoing.

jammycarrot

Postby jammycarrot » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:26 am

paul857 wrote:I wish you luck.

Much appreciated. I'm hoping that by setting orders a few weeks in advance I can avoid missing a match whilst the internet is set up!
jammycarrot:

paul857

Postby paul857 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:35 am

jammycarrot wrote:
paul857 wrote:I wish you luck.

Much appreciated. I'm hoping that by setting orders a few weeks in advance I can avoid missing a match whilst the internet is set up!

Where you moving to?

jammycarrot

Postby jammycarrot » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:40 pm

West Fife, just over the bridge! Lived in Edinburgh for a few years, moving South was only meant to be a short term arrangement that ended up being longer than expected!
jammycarrot:

paul857

Postby paul857 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:51 pm

jammycarrot wrote:West Fife, just over the bridge! Lived in Edinburgh for a few years, moving South was only meant to be a short term arrangement that ended up being longer than expected!

Not far from me in Alloa then. I got married in Culross in 2002 and went back earlier this year. I like the central belt as it’s so easy to get anywhere.

Return to “Everything Else”