Not From The Wrist - whole squad sale

rtj45

Re: Not From The Wrist - whole squad sale

Postby rtj45 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:40 pm

YVRK wrote:
jammycarrot wrote:Whole squad up for offer again!! Some sure fire bargains to be had!

https://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=442

We've got a bit of everything, whether you're looking for a 32/45-potential 18 year old Zimbabwean reverse swinger, or a 39 current ability Unorthodox English seamer.

MUCH OFFER. LOW PRICE. HAPPY BUYERS!

You’re doing some next level market wizardry here my friend. Is your plan to buy low (or relatively low) and then sell high to get your affiliate’s finances to the levels of the top main teams? For example you bought Gambushe for about 250k not long ago and have now put him up for offer for a higher price.

He thinks he knows what he is doing. :lol:
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

Molle

Postby Molle » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:55 pm

YVRK wrote:For example you bought Gambushe for about 250k not long ago and have now put him up for offer for a higher price.

What idiot let him go that cheaply? :lol: Oh wait ...

jammycarrot

Postby jammycarrot » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:40 pm

YVRK wrote:
jammycarrot wrote:Whole squad up for offer again!! Some sure fire bargains to be had!

We've got a bit of everything, whether you're looking for a 32/45-potential 18 year old Zimbabwean reverse swinger, or a 39 current ability Unorthodox English seamer.

You’re doing some next level market wizardry here my friend. Is your plan to buy low (or relatively low) and then sell high to get your affiliate’s finances to the levels of the top main teams? For example you bought Gambushe for about 250k not long ago and have now put him up for offer for a higher price.

I'm sorry, let me put him at a cheaper price than I paid for him. :roll:
jammycarrot:
Manager of All In The Wrists http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=178 & Not From The Wrist
Assistant Manager of Sri Lankan National team (Pull a Sri Lankan!)

Current Ability: Can fit 3 whole jaffa cakes in his mouth at once!

conradij

Postby conradij » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:01 pm

Molle wrote:
YVRK wrote:For example you bought Gambushe for about 250k not long ago and have now put him up for offer for a higher price.

What idiot let him go that cheaply? :lol: Oh wait ...

I don't know, in my opinion 250k is a fair price for him. He has nice skill distribution for reverse swinger BUT low stamina, and 'only' 45. For me that means you're buying a player that will be great for half his overs and a liability for the other half.
Main team: Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126
Cup winners season 22
England DEV champion seasons 16 and 23

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:49 pm

jammycarrot wrote:
YVRK wrote:

I'm sorry, let me put him at a cheaper price than I paid for him. :roll:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I wasn't saying that you couldn't put players up for high offer prices. I'm just curious as to why you keep putting your whole squad up for offer, especially since you've bought a couple of these players quite recently.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

SM-xmarra

Postby SM-xmarra » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:09 pm

rtj45 wrote:
YVRK wrote:

He thinks he knows what he is doing. :lol:

:lol:
You gonna tell him Rich or should i?
Manager of Durham Elite, Wearside Lankans & New Zealand

Winners of SOD 1.1, season 16, 17 & 21
Winner of T20 1.1 season 21 & 24

Winner of International T20 - Season 12 & 22
Runner up of International SOD - Season 17

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:21 pm

He can offer his players at whatever price he likes - it's up to you to work out how much you think they are worth. Of course the most basic step of due diligence for any player is looking at the player's history to see how much they went for last time...
Fictionally Inclined (Oceania - Australia youth) and affiliate Absolute Madness (America - Zimbabwe youth)

Molle

Postby Molle » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:00 am

conradij wrote:I don't know, in my opinion 250k is a fair price for him. He has nice skill distribution for reverse swinger BUT low stamina, and 'only' 45. For me that means you're buying a player that will be great for half his overs and a liability for the other half.

250k was a more than fair price for him. 10 stamina was annoying and while 45 is a nice number the balance for a reverse swinger wasn't ideal. You could almost argue that if he wasn't a reverse swinger he'd be better.

Anyways back on topic, all your boys are too rich for my blood. Unless of course you're willing to drop Boothby to a more reasonable 100K?

MOD-tonk6464

Postby MOD-tonk6464 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:07 am

Moved to Valuations/Offers.

If you are advertising players that are up for offer, post in this Forum.

If you are advertising players that are listed on the transfer market, post in the For Sale Forum.
Manager of The Tonkers and affiliate team Marvellous Effort That
Champions of Div.1 SOD (9 times), Div.1 T20 (12 times), Div.1 DEV and Stumped! Cup
Ex-National Manager of Australia - Champions Season 10 and 17

conradij

Postby conradij » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:29 am

Molle wrote:
conradij wrote:I don't know, in my opinion 250k is a fair price for him. He has nice skill distribution for reverse swinger BUT low stamina, and 'only' 45. For me that means you're buying a player that will be great for half his overs and a liability for the other half.

250k was a more than fair price for him. 10 stamina was annoying and while 45 is a nice number the balance for a reverse swinger wasn't ideal. You could almost argue that if he wasn't a reverse swinger he'd be better.

Ah, true. I misread his skill distribution... 250 now looks like a good deal for you!
Main team: Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126
Cup winners season 22
England DEV champion seasons 16 and 23

Return to “Valuations/Offers”