NAT Season 27 T20

rtj45

Re: NAT Season 27 T20

Postby rtj45 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:05 am

YVRK wrote:Well that will sting for a while. Very well played to the Windies who had nothing to lose and pulled out a great team performance. I think that the bowling was solid and the target was chaseable but the collapses did for us. Huge credit must go to our middle order who showed some real fight to almost get us across the line, but our top order once again failed despite all being incredibly talented, with Reardon’s introduction and Yarnton’s hattrick in his triple wicket maiden being the game changer as Pretorious, Opperman and Afrika are no slouches with the bat and could’ve helped Novak to hit the final few runs.

So it’s been a mixed season, we started off very strong but then went out with a whimper towards the end mostly owing to batting collapses. However finishing 5th behind the 4 expected qualifying teams of Australia, India, New Zealand and England is still a good achievement, although personally I’m still a bit gutted that we just missed out on qualifying. With SOD coming up hopefully we can sort out our issues especially with the batsmen not having as much pressure to score quickly. Thank you very much to Krypto for the kind words as well as Mike and Stom for the wishes and commiserations.

Unlucky SA, although the team was strong so don't think it was out of the question for you guys to finish top four. T20 is cruel and some good fortune early on was wiped out by some rancid luck at the end. SOD will be a better identifier of strength.
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Mon May 24, 2021 1:52 pm

When's the next game coming?
Manager of Pest CCC English SOD Champions Season 25 and 26
Manager of Daft Serious CC
England National Team Manager

SM-xmarra

Postby SM-xmarra » Tue May 25, 2021 8:13 pm

Stomalomalus wrote:When's the next game coming?

Same question from me.
Manager of Durham Elite, Wearside Lankans & New Zealand

Winners of SOD 1.1, season 16, 17 & 21
Winner of T20 1.1 season 21 & 24

Winner of International T20 - Season 12 & 22
Runner up of International SOD - Season 17

garthmaul

Postby garthmaul » Fri May 28, 2021 6:01 pm

Seems worrying about player fitness for the semi-finals was a mistake. Although I'm not sure orders would have changed much, even if we'd known everyone would have time to fully recover.

MagvGarlic

Postby MagvGarlic » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:04 am

Stomalomalus wrote:When's the next game coming?

bated breath
Dynamo Morpork, registered since S24 in South Africa. Pottering about.

Return to “Internationals”