NAT Season 27 T20

Krypto

Re: NAT Season 27 T20

Postby Krypto » Tue May 11, 2021 12:23 pm

Finally get to watch one of these live . From a SA fan perspective so far relatively pleased however a little disappointing we couldn't get a upset against one of the two top dogs we faced in our last 2 games .

Today should answer some questions around Adrie Zietsman , Lennox Awbery and Eugene De Kock that has either under-performed or has been hit or miss . On the bowling side we cant complain much ,just some questions regarding the exclusion of Louis Grobbelaar .Some qeustions regarding Afrika also but not as front and center .

But that is nit picking , for me the main prize would be getting to the playoffs with still a relatively young team .

So far i very good start from the Protea boys ... Tijn Schmidt starting off with a very good spell and quieting some of my concerns around him as he has been the worst performer of our attack . We just need some wickets to go with a lowish run rate ....
Manager of KryptoKnights and KandorKings
Ex South-African National Manager
National Duties: Uys Fouche(South-Africa):Johannes Opperman (South-Africa)Mark Rumble(South-Africa)
National Duties:Vimbai Martinus (Zimbabwe)

Krypto

Postby Krypto » Tue May 11, 2021 1:09 pm

Very good performance by our bowlers again with Opperman starring with his best ever figures . Maybe Afrika problems a little more front and center with a horrific performance .

In reply we lost a quick wicket with Mhlongo that has been a superstar going for 2 , this should emphasize the middle to late order questions and provide some clarity with previously mentioned batsman hoping to show their worth .
National Duties: Uys Fouche(South-Africa):Johannes Opperman (South-Africa)Mark Rumble(South-Africa)

Krypto

Postby Krypto » Tue May 11, 2021 1:27 pm

Look i might be biased regarding Zietsman as previously he was a great disappointment when i was national manager however first running out our set batsman that was looking good and then missing a seemingly average delivery is frustrating to say the least .

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Tue May 11, 2021 1:45 pm

Krypto wrote:Look i might be biased regarding Zietsman as previously he was a great disappointment when i was national manager however first running out our set batsman that was looking good and then missing a seemingly average delivery is frustrating to say the least .

Yeah I understand your bias against him, this season he's been very boom or bust, more often the latter. Which is frustrating because by all rights he should be a solid player, but his captaincy has surely played a part in the wins.

Great victory for us, De Kock and Awberry stood firm and proved their worth in the middle order when they haven't had that many chances to shine so far, with a decent cameo from Mncwabe. Bit of a shame for our top order who all got out to slightly crappy balls but we'll take a return to winning ways. Opperman's 6-fer earlier led the way, easily our strike bowler and a great spinner in the making and I'm sure that one day he'll have a great outing with the bat for his country too. Afrika was the only one who had a bad day out but as a relatively low accuracy spinner there's always that risk.

Interesting results across the board. Australia have been handed their first loss by their Kiwi neighbours, and this India vs England match is going right down to the wire with a high chance that India's winning streak will be broken as well.
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad) as well as their South African affiliate based in the Americas (Rockhoppers CC)

South African NAT assistant (Season 27)

Krypto

Postby Krypto » Tue May 11, 2021 2:16 pm

Look Lennox Awbery shut me up in a good way , still unsure about what de kock is showing this season as he is on paper an incredible player .

For me Zietsman and Afrika a bit disappointing however will take that anyday with a win . This put the team in a very good position to get to play off with Bangladesh and West Indies still to come we need basically one win from those two to secure a play off place .....

Very happy with what you guys have achieved and that with a team that is mostly 23 years old or younger makes me extremely happy .

Zorax

Postby Zorax » Tue May 11, 2021 4:20 pm

Back to back wins for BD! Knew we were better than those first few games suggested. Here's hoping we keep this momentum going.
Zorax CC | Free HK
Five Demands, Not One Less
Learn more Here

lightning

Postby lightning » Tue May 11, 2021 7:18 pm

Krypto wrote:Finally get to watch one of these live . From a SA fan perspective so far relatively pleased however a little disappointing we couldn't get a upset against one of the two top dogs we faced in our last 2 games .

Today should answer some questions around Adrie Zietsman , Lennox Awbery and Eugene De Kock that has either under-performed or has been hit or miss . On the bowling side we cant complain much ,just some questions regarding the exclusion of Louis Grobbelaar .Some qeustions regarding Afrika also but not as front and center .

But that is nit picking , for me the main prize would be getting to the playoffs with still a relatively young team .

So far i very good start from the Protea boys ... Tijn Schmidt starting off with a very good spell and quieting some of my concerns around him as he has been the worst performer of our attack . We just need some wickets to go with a lowish run rate ....

Grobbelaar and Mhlongo cannot play in the same team in my opinion, and a partnership breaker with opening bowler skills … no thanks.

Afrika was a risk but not a big risk based on the pitch.

We need experience in the batting and Zietsman, Awbery and De Kock do offer that. I think you're harsh on De Kock when he bats at 6. he's there to score quick runs.
Manager of Liverpool Vikings: winners of England T20 1.1 S15, S16 and S18 and Dev 1.1 S6.
Affiliate Warriors of the Wasteland

Current south Africa manager.

MagvGarlic

Postby MagvGarlic » Tue May 11, 2021 8:15 pm

South Africa v New Zealand a yuuuge match for trying to stay with the top two here

Opperman is such a beast and i'm not sure how to solve the problem of him playing with U. Fouche in the shorter formats, match winners both
Dynamo Morpork, registered since S24 in South Africa. Pottering about.

Krypto

Postby Krypto » Wed May 12, 2021 4:07 am

lightning wrote:
Krypto wrote:Finally get to watch one of these live . From a SA fan perspective so far relatively pleased however a little disappointing we couldn't get a upset against one of the two top dogs we faced in our last 2 games .

Grobbelaar and Mhlongo cannot play in the same team in my opinion, and a partnership breaker with opening bowler skills … no thanks.

We need experience in the batting and Zietsman, Awbery and De Kock do offer that. I think you're harsh on De Kock when he bats at 6. he's there to score quick runs.

I know I'm being critical on Afrika however he has not performed well in any of the games and in a game we're your entire bowling lineup got a economy of under 6 going at 11 a over is horrible and shows a difference in class or performance.

I don't feel I am hard on de kock (my inner child laughed at that). The guy has played 5 games batted in 4 and no out only once but has a 17 average this season and a strike rate on 129. That is not what you need at the end, I get that he is a fielding inclusion but the question remains if/when we get to the play offs is de kock, Afrika and Zietsman the guys to do it against India or Australia.

Lastly on Grobbelaar the guy played one game got 2 for 29 in 4 against Zimbabwe in a winning game who is currently 5th and got dropped and hasn't played again, that is harsh....

Awbery has changed my mind the way he linked up with Mncwabe shows promise to be one of the most deadly combinations I've seen.

lightning

Postby lightning » Wed May 12, 2021 6:26 am

Krypto wrote:
lightning wrote:

I know I'm being critical on Afrika however he has not performed well in any of the games and in a game we're your entire bowling lineup got a economy of under 6 going at 11 a over is horrible and shows a difference in class or performance.

I don't feel I am hard on de kock (my inner child laughed at that). The guy has played 5 games batted in 4 and no out only once but has a 17 average this season and a strike rate on 129. That is not what you need at the end, I get that he is a fielding inclusion but the question remains if/when we get to the play offs is de kock, Afrika and Zietsman the guys to do it against India or Australia.

Lastly on Grobbelaar the guy played one game got 2 for 29 in 4 against Zimbabwe in a winning game who is currently 5th and got dropped and hasn't played again, that is harsh....

Awbery has changed my mind the way he linked up with Mncwabe shows promise to be one of the most deadly combinations I've seen.

And as I said Grobbelaar and Mhlongo in my opinion cannot play in the same team. He had that game based on the pitch and Mhlongo was being rested. You cannot play a 38 rated bowler and a 39 rated bowler in internationals. So what if he took 2-29, he doesn't fit into the first team.

Yes, Zietsman and De Kock can do it against India or Australia. Afrika will play if the pitch suits.
Manager of Liverpool Vikings: winners of England T20 1.1 S15, S16 and S18 and Dev 1.1 S6.
Affiliate Warriors of the Wasteland

Current south Africa manager.

Return to “Internationals”