Dev Div 1 reports

ltraynor

Dev Div 1 reports

Postby ltraynor » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:40 am

Figured I'd use the new correct forum for our new combined league.

Narrowly went down in our first game of the season but that's the nature of Dev. If you want to get training that's the main thing! Certainly in high spirits making it to Div 1 in all 3 formats this season so hoping to continue to maintain and eventually push for some titles in one or more of the formats.
Manager of Lauderdale CC
Ex Australian National Team Manager
National Duties: Darcy Short (Australia) Joel Crittal (Australia) Upenyu Mbatha (Zimbabwe) Billy Austin (Zimbabwe) Dave Griffin (West Indies) Riaz Khan (Bangladesh)

bumpuss

Re: Dev Div 1 reports

Postby bumpuss » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:36 pm

I think first time I am in Division 1 for Dev.

Div 1 Winners
Season 26: Niteville (undefeated total points 65)
Season 27: The Reds (9 Wins total points 40)

Preview of season 28:
I just promoted, plus U21 teams change a lot over the course of time so, this is just based on my opinion and from what I can see.

The Reds: Came first last season but it will be lot of more difficult this time around because they have 2 21yr olds who wont be able to play anymore for the U21 side anymore in next few weeks. In saying that they do have some very good 20 yr olds and over time I am sure there younger players will step up. Kudesia was 4th highest leading wicket taker last season and no doubt he will be top 5 again this season I feel.

Niteville: 2nd last season and will be competitive this season. They clearly dont have the U21 talent like a couple seasons ago, but there are few standout players. Cousins & Nanyakkara look bad ass and probably have the talent to win games on their own! Both will be around for 2+ seasons too, so there is an opportunity to build a team around them.

Usz Warriors: 4th last season. Looking at their squad they seem to have the ideal age/depth to have a shot at coming first. Only one 21 yr old who is available for almost half the season. Few 20 yr old with high wages. Zahoor looks like the standout all-rounder (looking at his stats) and could be the player of the division. He was leading runscorer last season. Title contender.

The Tonkers: One the most sucessful clubs in the game will no doubt be competitive as ever. Finished 3rd last season and could very will finish around the same. Clifford looks like a superstar and has pretty much the whole season to play. No doubt these youths will form the core strenght of the senior team in the future. Top 4 expected as usual.

Strike Force: Promoted from Div 2. I dont know much about this team. But they have a lot of player U21, so fatigue wont be an issue and could prove an advantage against teams that are likely to be in the Cup for long. Presuming 1st time in Div 1 and against experienced managers, will be tough but they seem to have the squad to avoid demotion.

The Dirty Pete Sanchez Crew: Promoted from Div 2. A lot of talent in the senior side, but not in the youth squad. Initial impression is that they will struggle to avoid demotion. Possibility of creating few upsets here and there to cause some issues for everyone else.

Outlaws: 5th last season. A solid U21 squad and I think they can finish 3rd. Lots of depth even with 2 of their 21yr olds being unavailable after the 1st couple of weeks. Mead scored plenty of rooms last season, expect the same this season.

Fartland: Promoted from Div 2. I am hoping to avoid demotion! Skipper Picard has 2 matches and then will be unavailable. Everyone else pretty much available for the whole season. I have a feeling there will be lot of close games and as a result the bonus points will be important if I am to stay up.
Hopefully I can finish 4th. Don't really have anyone that stands out, so I dont expect any of my players to be in the top 5 in most runs or most wickets. However, Mustang has the potential to be a leading wicket taker and so does Mcginty if conditions suit.

Lots of young talent in this Division!

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:29 am

Not a great start having lost both of my matches so far this season.

Bowling needs to improve.

bumpuss

Postby bumpuss » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:46 am

Congratz to Outlaws for Div 1!

I came 2nd happy with that :D

Return to “Oceania”