SOD Div 1 S27

rtj45

Re: SOD Div 1 S27

Postby rtj45 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:06 am

Tge jab at Pest is a joke by the way....
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

Krypto

Postby Krypto » Sun May 02, 2021 7:09 am

I tuaght it might be however mood is lost in text so wasn't sure...
Manager of KryptoKnights and KandorKings
Ex South-African National Manager
National Duties: Uys Fouche(South-Africa):Johannes Opperman (South-Africa)Mark Rumble(South-Africa)
National Duties:Vimbai Martinus (Zimbabwe)

Krypto

Postby Krypto » Fri May 07, 2021 11:02 am

This combined league continues to show me that i don't know anything about stumped .

A 38 rated bat is striking at 130 against my bowling lineup and making them look like nothing .This bat has a career average of 40 and a career strike rate in the format of 87 and is steady rated also on decline as he is almost 30 and losing skill only thing counting for him is 20 exp .... He balanced with all trained skill below 15 which is against everything i know makes a successful bat score against high end bowling .

RTJ is showing again that understanding how things work is better than anything else as im sure heading for another blow out game unless my batsman who is overall really talented in comparison can chase down what is surely going to be a 350 plus total which i doubt as every time this occurs on chasing it all comes down to experience which other than fielding is the only thing that can be a problem for my squad with haven 7 in the 11 under 24 years old , by no means low exp but under 16 exp .
National Duties: Uys Fouche(South-Africa):Johannes Opperman (South-Africa)Mark Rumble(South-Africa)

elegantyak

Postby elegantyak » Fri May 07, 2021 1:02 pm

Krypto wrote:This combined league continues to show me that i don't know anything about stumped .

A 38 rated bat is striking at 130 against my bowling lineup and making them look like nothing .This bat has a career average of 40 and a career strike rate in the format of 87 and is steady rated also on decline as he is almost 30 and losing skill only thing counting for him is 20 exp .... He balanced with all trained skill below 15 which is against everything i know makes a successful bat score against high end bowling .

RTJ is showing again that understanding how things work is better than anything else as im sure heading for another blow out game unless my batsman who is overall really talented in comparison can chase down what is surely going to be a 350 plus total which i doubt as every time this occurs on chasing it all comes down to experience which other than fielding is the only thing that can be a problem for my squad with haven 7 in the 11 under 24 years old , by no means low exp but under 16 exp .

I suspect it is as much due to the pitch/conditions as the batsmen. Not much there for even high quality bowlers to work with.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:06 pm

elegantyak wrote:
Krypto wrote:This combined league continues to show me that i don't know anything about stumped .

I suspect it is as much due to the pitch/conditions as the batsmen. Not much there for even high quality bowlers to work with.

They arent even that high quality imo - our bowling ratings are broadly similar but hey whatever suits the narrative. Ferguson is 20xp and still 38 skill with high stamina, its always a possibility on a flat deck.

Yes obviously a bit of fortune for us but your attack is 2 spinners and 3 mediums, it's not going to take many wickets imo so I chose to bat first and pumped that mas up high. A risk but it paid off.

Krypto

Postby Krypto » Fri May 07, 2021 1:09 pm

Probably however same conditions my bats went at 4 a over until the 9th over with one set at 7 aggression because he has opener trait with 16 attack .

When the match engine decides to make a game this outlandish it breaks the illusion . Unbelievable opening stand and it bitters as my bowler who got the breakthrough is a partnership breaker and did it in his 9th over after a 288 run opening stand . It is unfortunate when you put things in place and they just don't work and go in the favor of something you cant see .

Ill be ecstatic if my declining batsman broke his best ever in a div 1 match by over 50 runs . Things just happens it seems ....

mike778

Postby mike778 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:27 pm

Doesn't always work out like that but quite satisfying to see a 100mph 10/10 ball quality get a wicket clean bowled.

Our game is still in the balance but confident we can get the win.

Edit PP collapsing now so we should be safe. All 4 of takkars wickets from effort balls
Leader and supreme commander of Chester Ducks .... (and SA Ducks)

SOD Champions - S19, S20, S21 (England)
2020 Champions - S25 (England), S26 (Euro-Africa)
DEV Champions - S24 (England)
Short League Champions - S19, S20

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:51 pm

Well this is quite the game!

Krypto

Postby Krypto » Fri May 07, 2021 2:06 pm

I disagree , i have lost interest , even if my end batsman gets close or over the line , the fact that it doesnt make sense to me broke the illusion .

Still decent to have quality opposition however if there isn't much sense to it , your results is mainly up to chance which in same cases is fine however not when its a game producing over 700 runs .

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Fri May 07, 2021 2:28 pm

Pfft what the fuck no pressure, 1 missed chance no dropped catches whilst chasing 393. :crazy:

Return to “EurAfrican”