SOD Div 1 S27

rtj45
Posts: 4567
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:31 am
Location: Dorset

Re: SOD Div 1 S27

Postby rtj45 » Wed May 19, 2021 12:38 pm

Krypto wrote:Your mentality is exactly what i dont want to be , yes it is a game an imperfect game and results doesn't make sense a lot of times on competitive games and rather than enjoying it you annualize and complain and try and make sense of randomness and irregularity if your focus is on being top.

I don't know if its possible for me to create a good or great club within the current restrictions so honestly i don't know , also i don't think the current way of doing it will be sustainable as it doesn't cator for multi layered playing and has a meta which i never experienced previously and its rooted on having feeder clubs and a constant influx of new teams that sell and disband or eventually do , my general feeling is that its not sustainable but time will tell however Conradij believes it is so .

The problem with your statement is that if i wanted to i could be a cup winner or get the top spots etc however i didn't play that way i created a virtual world to escape in and loved my players however in your mind that is a problem , wut ? why do you have that type of mentality , however i cant say much as i got caught up in it , it was never a numbers game or anything like what you guys do and no it isn't a competitive game its a free to play browser game with 150 or so active people so big fish small pond thing , i don't need that neither do i care for it however i did care for my players and playing like you guys took that away big time and the general idea i have is not many of you are actually happy or filled with enjoyment which might be just a reflection of how i felt in the last 2 seasons .

Games should be multi layered and sustainable for those multiple ways of playing the game and not just built off elite or elite minded things it is a virtual world . I have no idea how you guys are able to approach it in this manner as the absolute ridiculousness that i adored turned into frustration and i refuse to be like that any longer .

I have said my peace and this is beating a dead cow . both our opinions will only be proven or dis-proven in time .


OK granted, I understand that you play for fun and that winning is a nice secondary.

However, there isn't anything stopping you keeping these bonds with players and still being competitive and doing what you've done for many seasons?

My team hasn't been competitive for a very very long time but I've worked up around players I like and have done OK. Its the fun of building the team that has made it for me. Winning the title is secondary but its always nice to win and that ultimately is my aim, to put my team building into a successful position?

What I find hard is that you don't think you can continue to enjoy the game because of the merger but this will not stop you from playing the game as you have done previously. The ONLY thing this changes is making leagues more competitive which means teams cant get free wins in low population divisions, it changes very little else. So basically from my point of view you are no longer happy you can play for fun but not get a massive advantage over other managers because of this?

Call me whatever you want, elitist or whatever, its all a bit mean don't you think, for someone who is trying to understand your point of view?
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

Molle
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:10 pm

Re: SOD Div 1 S27

Postby Molle » Wed May 19, 2021 12:39 pm

@Krypto
I'm confused :?: Are you saying you weren't at an advantage by playing in the South African Leagues pre-merger?

Krypto
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:31 am

Re: SOD Div 1 S27

Postby Krypto » Wed May 19, 2021 1:24 pm

Molle wrote:@Krypto
I'm confused :?: Are you saying you weren't at an advantage by playing in the South African Leagues pre-merger?


I am saying i didn't care and still don't care if i was or wasn't i didn't play for results . Neither did i care about others results only those of my players i cared about the other things around it just added to the experience and thus no emphasis on winning or achieving it was a by product .

The fact that others think in this way is the fundamental problem im having currently . Who cares if someone gets 10 big scouts or is for example currently benefiting from lower opposition in the America league , my game was focused around my players and the culture is the above mentioned and im not that way , i don't and shouldn't care about the results i cared about my players . Indulging a culture like that will always lead to someone or something being benefited or preconceived in that manner .

Once i started playing like others i started hating this game and ill see if how i want to play is possible with the current structure if its not im out . Either way im not going to focus on winning rather go back to what i enjoy , building a player and club and investing in them . Results is secondary as if i concentrate on results i start questioning and worrying about others etc which i explained already and isn't enjoyable .
Manager of KryptoKnights and KandorKings
Ex South-African National Manager
National Duties: Uys Fouche(South-Africa):Johannes Opperman (South-Africa)Mark Rumble(South-Africa)
National Duties:Vimbai Martinus (Zimbabwe)

SM-xmarra
Posts: 996
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Re: SOD Div 1 S27

Postby SM-xmarra » Wed May 19, 2021 1:30 pm

Krypto thats all on you then. You've made the decision to play a different way.

The merger of the nations didnt do that, so for me there's an easy solution. Go back to the way you played the game and if results are secondary to the relationship with players i expect we'll not see any posts linked to ME, 'unrealistic' results etc... As its not about that.
Manager of Durham Elite, Wearside Lankans & New Zealand

Winners of SOD 1.1, season 16, 17 & 21
Winner of T20 1.1 season 21 & 24

Winner of International T20 - Season 12 & 22
Runner up of International SOD - Season 17

Krypto
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:31 am

Re: SOD Div 1 S27

Postby Krypto » Wed May 19, 2021 1:34 pm

rtj45 wrote:
Krypto wrote:Your mentality is exactly what i dont want to be , yes it is a game an imperfect game and results doesn't make sense a lot of times on competitive games and rather than enjoying it you annualize and complain and try and make sense of randomness and irregularity if your focus is on being top.

I don't know if its possible for me to create a good or great club within the current restrictions so honestly i don't know , also i don't think the current way of doing it will be sustainable as it doesn't cator for multi layered playing and has a meta which i never experienced previously and its rooted on having feeder clubs and a constant influx of new teams that sell and disband or eventually do , my general feeling is that its not sustainable but time will tell however Conradij believes it is so .

The problem with your statement is that if i wanted to i could be a cup winner or get the top spots etc however i didn't play that way i created a virtual world to escape in and loved my players however in your mind that is a problem , wut ? why do you have that type of mentality , however i cant say much as i got caught up in it , it was never a numbers game or anything like what you guys do and no it isn't a competitive game its a free to play browser game with 150 or so active people so big fish small pond thing , i don't need that neither do i care for it however i did care for my players and playing like you guys took that away big time and the general idea i have is not many of you are actually happy or filled with enjoyment which might be just a reflection of how i felt in the last 2 seasons .

Games should be multi layered and sustainable for those multiple ways of playing the game and not just built off elite or elite minded things it is a virtual world . I have no idea how you guys are able to approach it in this manner as the absolute ridiculousness that i adored turned into frustration and i refuse to be like that any longer .

I have said my peace and this is beating a dead cow . both our opinions will only be proven or dis-proven in time .


OK granted, I understand that you play for fun and that winning is a nice secondary.

However, there isn't anything stopping you keeping these bonds with players and still being competitive and doing what you've done for many seasons?

My team hasn't been competitive for a very very long time but I've worked up around players I like and have done OK. Its the fun of building the team that has made it for me. Winning the title is secondary but its always nice to win and that ultimately is my aim, to put my team building into a successful position?

What I find hard is that you don't think you can continue to enjoy the game because of the merger but this will not stop you from playing the game as you have done previously. The ONLY thing this changes is making leagues more competitive which means teams cant get free wins in low population divisions, it changes very little else. So basically from my point of view you are no longer happy you can play for fun but not get a massive advantage over other managers because of this?

Call me whatever you want, elitist or whatever, its all a bit mean don't you think, for someone who is trying to understand your point of view?


Im a little comprehensive and for that i apologize , i got into this knowing my view will be unpopular so defensiveness is a given .

You have some of it down what i am trying to say however the point missing is that i got caught up in the meta , building is not sustainable from your own players and you need to buy and is reliant on other clubs etc to be able to be competitive and i lost sight of what is enjoyable for me as it seemed to be the current culture of top divisions which i only experienced now and i hate it as my players became commodities and numbers based on results in a very erratic results engine.

This is why im releasing all my players that is not South African or African because if i sticked to what i enjoy i wouldn't have gotten caught up in results and building a elite team it was secondary i wouldn't have bought or went for those players but because i wanted to remain competitive i engulfed in this behavior and got to the current point on disposition.

This why of elitist behavior fills me with anxiety i already use this game for to assist from real life and it helps when i immerse myself , currently that illusion gets broken with everything Ive mentioned .
Manager of KryptoKnights and KandorKings
Ex South-African National Manager
National Duties: Uys Fouche(South-Africa):Johannes Opperman (South-Africa)Mark Rumble(South-Africa)
National Duties:Vimbai Martinus (Zimbabwe)

Krypto
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:31 am

Re: SOD Div 1 S27

Postby Krypto » Wed May 19, 2021 1:40 pm

SM-xmarra wrote:Krypto thats all on you then. You've made the decision to play a different way.

The merger of the nations didnt do that, so for me there's an easy solution. Go back to the way you played the game and if results are secondary to the relationship with players i expect we'll not see any posts linked to ME, 'unrealistic' results etc... As its not about that.


100% agree . I got caught up in what i explained . What im referring to is what i am currently feeling and my current opinion is to what happened with the irregularity in games etc , once i get out of it im sure it will change as that negative behavior is part of the chase etc and i didnt have that taught pattern before . And that was the whole declaration i made is that is what im doing hence so many people transferred , i taught of just firing them but will still like to have the option of buying a great south African or Zimbabwean as that is what i like but if they dont sell they are fired .

Just btw today's game in my t20 would've infuriated me because of things unexplained imo and this would've resulted in a debate etc which i dont want to be part of and today i already don't feel the need which im very pleased about .
Manager of KryptoKnights and KandorKings
Ex South-African National Manager
National Duties: Uys Fouche(South-Africa):Johannes Opperman (South-Africa)Mark Rumble(South-Africa)
National Duties:Vimbai Martinus (Zimbabwe)

Stomalomalus
Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:20 am

Re: SOD Div 1 S27

Postby Stomalomalus » Wed May 19, 2021 3:39 pm

By the way, your definition of elite...

I've been in this game 2 years less than you. I joined in 2017...

I only won a title the season before last. Sure, I then won back to back titles, but now I'm fighting relegation.

This is a great thing. I don't want to stop anyone else from winning the title, I don't want to block others from having a chance to win. But it's a competitive game and I also want to win the title...

The most fun in this game is building a team and watching them come together. That's one reason I started my mini rebuild. I want to introduce players bit by bit, see how I can balance the team with what I've got available, and not disrupt the development of my future stars. It's really fun, even if my results are pretty crap compared to where I was. I needed to find new ways to win with less experience in the XI. And that's fun.

But to call me an elite?

I'm actually flattered. I'm a relative newcomer alongside these real elites like Richy Rich and his multi-millions.
Manager of Pest CCC English SOD Champions Season 25 and 26
Manager of Daft Serious CC
England National Team Manager

Krypto
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:31 am

Re: SOD Div 1 S27

Postby Krypto » Wed May 19, 2021 3:49 pm

Mindset bud, mindset.... I have tried to have that for 2 seasons and hated it hahaha.

My definition of building is different.... I love grooming players and putting the work in guys like Cohen, Adkins, van der merwe, white, Hyde and many more is what makes me love this game... One particular that stands out is pieter van zyl.... Never the result of the team as main focus that is additional. Current crop Rumble springs to mind and also Barker as a transfer, check his career against what his done in my team a top of captaincy, I take great pleasure in that.
Manager of KryptoKnights and KandorKings
Ex South-African National Manager
National Duties: Uys Fouche(South-Africa):Johannes Opperman (South-Africa)Mark Rumble(South-Africa)
National Duties:Vimbai Martinus (Zimbabwe)

rtj45
Posts: 4567
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:31 am
Location: Dorset

Re: SOD Div 1 S27

Postby rtj45 » Fri May 21, 2021 10:25 am

Slow start from proC
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

Stomalomalus
Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:20 am

Re: SOD Div 1 S27

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri May 21, 2021 5:08 pm

Another 'mare today. We've gone from 8 centuries last season to 2 this...no-one but Wij and he's been way below his last season form.

In fact, only he and Malone have averages worth talking about, which shows just how poorly we've performed.

We've still got an outside chance of survival, but we're going to need a big improvement to do so...
Manager of Pest CCC English SOD Champions Season 25 and 26
Manager of Daft Serious CC
England National Team Manager


Return to “EurAfrican”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest