SOD Div 1 Season 28

Lunarlord34

Re: SOD Div 1 Season 28

Postby Lunarlord34 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:44 pm

mike778 wrote:
Krypto wrote:I really did try and make this close, this is currently my best team, sorry pro, this season should have been yours, only one loss and didn't get the title is silly, sorry Mike your world class but I feel this should've been Conradij. I really did try. Team just not good enough which is madness with a 46 rated bowlers 50 rated bat, two bat's over 45 and none under 40 rated. A 42 rated wrist spinner a 19 year old getting over 160kmh and lowest bowlers of 37 rated. Seems my best is just average, you guys are really really good.

What are the bonus points rules? I thought you got it which means ProC win. Isn't it 75 percent of run rate

No? For the defending team, run rate has nothing to do with it lol You needed to win by (359/10) x 2. Aka win by 72 runs after rounding up from 71.8. Which put the total at 287 for what you needed to limit him to. You won by 87 so pretty comfortable there.

The reason why I say run rate doesn't matter for the defending team, aka the bowling team/you in this instance is quite simple. It doesn't matter if Krypto scored his runs in 10 overs, 30 overs or 50 overs, all that mattered to you in winning by the BP was the margin. Just obviously less overs = a bigger NRR boost for you, not that it mattered in this case considering your mammoth NRR advantage.

Anyway, congrats on the title and unlucky to Pro C! Hurts to see that a bloke lost one game all season and didn't win the title, but I guess any game where he could've snuck an extra point would've made all the difference (a bit of a shock to see 13 wins but only 4 BP :o )

jammycarrot

Re: SOD Div 1 Season 28

Postby jammycarrot » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Lunarlord34 wrote:
mike778 wrote:
Krypto wrote:I really did try and make this close, this is currently my best team, sorry pro, this season should have been yours, only one loss and didn't get the title is silly, sorry Mike your world class but I feel this should've been Conradij. I really did try. Team just not good enough which is madness with a 46 rated bowlers 50 rated bat, two bat's over 45 and none under 40 rated. A 42 rated wrist spinner a 19 year old getting over 160kmh and lowest bowlers of 37 rated. Seems my best is just average, you guys are really really good.

What are the bonus points rules? I thought you got it which means ProC win. Isn't it 75 percent of run rate

No? For the defending team, run rate has nothing to do with it lol You needed to win by (359/10) x 2. Aka win by 72 runs after rounding up from 71.8. Which put the total at 287 for what you needed to limit him to. You won by 87 so pretty comfortable there.

The reason why I say run rate doesn't matter for the defending team, aka the bowling team/you in this instance is quite simple. It doesn't matter if Krypto scored his runs in 10 overs, 30 overs or 50 overs, all that mattered to you in winning by the BP was the margin. Just obviously less overs = a bigger NRR boost for you, not that it mattered in this case considering your mammoth NRR advantage.

Anyway, congrats on the title and unlucky to Pro C! Hurts to see that a bloke lost one game all season and didn't win the title, but I guess any game where he could've snuck an extra point would've made all the difference (a bit of a shock to see 13 wins but only 4 BP :o )

72 runs in this case is the margain at which the run rate is 80% of the first innings run rate, so is essentially the same thing. Bonus points are given out by run rate (although in the re-written help, for some reason it does say 25% as a the margin of difference in run rate - go figure!)

Congrats to Chester for another title - commiserations to Waldron who got the win today and have lost out on NRR to go down at our expense. I feel I've used a fair amount of luck staying up with only 4 wins.
jammycarrot:
Manager of All In The Wrists http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=178 & Not From The Wrist
Manager of Sri Lankan National team (Pull a Sri Lankan!)

Current Ability: Can fit 3 whole jaffa cakes in his mouth at once!

Return to “EurAfrican”