SOD Div 1 Season 31

conradij

Re: SOD Div 1 Season 31

Postby conradij » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:05 pm

A good win for me against Krypto. The Knights can't seem to catch a break at the moment, but feel they will be back with a vengeance in the next few games.

Liverpool Vikings definitely have the advantage. The final two games before the halfway point will give a much clearer picture: they could be out of sight or back in the pack.
Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126

lightning

Postby lightning » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:00 pm

YVRK wrote:Nail-biter against Liverpool Vikings today. Peake and Blackwell rescued the game from 150/6 to get a total of 271.

Liverpool’s batsmen struggled to accelerate initially and I hoped for a repeat of last week’s game against Wolverines. Unfortunately Alex Smith changed the tide of the game completely by scoring 82 in only 57 balls. Their middle order batsmen didn’t score massively after that but they made sure to hit at least a six before getting out so that momentum wasn’t killed towards the end. Despite Dawson’s 1 run penultimate over, it was too much for Peake to defend 2 runs off the final over, with Wainwright hitting a six to win the game.

The Vikings have now won 5 out of 5 and are looking favourites for the title.

The ironic thing was that I moved Alfonso to open to give a bit more aggression at the top of the order … 37 off 73. lol

I still wouldn't have me as favourites. I've haven't played Pest and PC this season yet.
Manager of Liverpool Vikings: winners of England T20 1.1 S15, S16 and S18 and Dev 1.1 S6.
Affiliate Warriors of the Wasteland

Current south Africa manager.

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:32 pm

lightning wrote:
YVRK wrote:Nail-biter against Liverpool Vikings today. Peake and Blackwell rescued the game from 150/6 to get a total of 271.

Liverpool’s batsmen struggled to accelerate initially and I hoped for a repeat of last week’s game against Wolverines. Unfortunately Alex Smith changed the tide of the game completely by scoring 82 in only 57 balls. Their middle order batsmen didn’t score massively after that but they made sure to hit at least a six before getting out so that momentum wasn’t killed towards the end. Despite Dawson’s 1 run penultimate over, it was too much for Peake to defend 2 runs off the final over, with Wainwright hitting a six to win the game.

The Vikings have now won 5 out of 5 and are looking favourites for the title.

The ironic thing was that I moved Alfonso to open to give a bit more aggression at the top of the order … 37 off 73. lol

I still wouldn't have me as favourites. I've haven't played Pest and PC this season yet.

Next two games...

I think you're looking like favourites, tbh.
Manager of Pest CCC English SOD Champions Season 25 and 26
Manager of Daft Serious CC
England National Team Manager
Winner of S27 T20 Internationals.

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:36 pm

Another interesting round!

KryptoKnights middle order turned up and saved the game for them against Woody’s Wolverines after a top order collapse. Liverpool suffered their first defeat to Pest CCC, and Penguin Squad’s batting lineup played perfectly followed by a flawless bowling performance against TBIO.

Highlight of the round was Waldron beating Pro Crastinators by one wicket in a nervy affair including their number 11 tonking a six in the penultimate over off one of the world’s best Nirmesh Tickoo!
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad)

South African NAT assistant

National duties
: Aslam Ansar (Pakistan), Liam Dawson (New Zealand), William Torquil (South Africa) and Nicholas Blackwell (England)

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:48 pm

Ah, we were so close to stealing a win there, well played Pro Crastinators.

252 was always an under par target, and perhaps if our openers didn't forget how to run every time Cleese had the ball in his hand, we would've got a higher score, but Torquil's quickfire 72 led the way.

Their openers laid a fine platform, and with 60 runs to get in almost 15 overs with 6 wickets in hand, the game looked done and dusted. However some marvellous bowling triggered a collapse which ran the game to the penultimate over. Monro however, shepherded the tail to the target with a very responsible innings. Dawson almost worked his death bowling magic again, but a mistimed boundary from captain Cleese at no.11 sealed the deal for the Pro Crastinators. Great game, but really we have the moral victory because Naidoo couldn't do much this time :P . Though it looks like Arshad Umair is our new nemesis.

I'm a bit concerned that we've only got 3 wins as of now, but the bonus points are keeping us at a solid mid-table position. Other than Pest CCC who have broken away a bit, all the other standings look very close. It's been a mighty competitive season so far and it looks like final standings will boil down to bonus points and NRR.
YVRK

National duties
: Aslam Ansar (Pakistan), Liam Dawson (New Zealand), William Torquil (South Africa) and Nicholas Blackwell (England)

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:04 am

YVRK wrote:Ah, we were so close to stealing a win there, well played Pro Crastinators.

252 was always an under par target, and perhaps if our openers didn't forget how to run every time Cleese had the ball in his hand, we would've got a higher score, but Torquil's quickfire 72 led the way.

Their openers laid a fine platform, and with 60 runs to get in almost 15 overs with 6 wickets in hand, the game looked done and dusted. However some marvellous bowling triggered a collapse which ran the game to the penultimate over. Monro however, shepherded the tail to the target with a very responsible innings. Dawson almost worked his death bowling magic again, but a mistimed boundary from captain Cleese at no.11 sealed the deal for the Pro Crastinators. Great game, but really we have the moral victory because Naidoo couldn't do much this time :P . Though it looks like Arshad Umair is our new nemesis.

I'm a bit concerned that we've only got 3 wins as of now, but the bonus points are keeping us at a solid mid-table position. Other than Pest CCC who have broken away a bit, all the other standings look very close. It's been a mighty competitive season so far and it looks like final standings will boil down to bonus points and NRR.

Broken away? You're mad. I'm as far ahead of Liverpool and they are from ProCrast, and closer than they are to you.

I'm concerned how ProCrast are keeping up so well considering their poor start to the season. Next weeks are going to be key, and I need to keep the wins coming.
Manager of Pest CCC English SOD Champions Season 25 and 26
Manager of Daft Serious CC
England National Team Manager
Winner of S27 T20 Internationals.

YVRK

Postby YVRK » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:36 am

Very lucky escape for us against Pest CCC. It looked like they were cruising to victory at 168/3 with less than 100 to get, but two absolute pies by Peake got two wickets and pulled us back into the game. Ruchir was bowler of the day for getting key wickets of dangerous batsmen.

The attack of the mid/low table teams this week has meant that the playing field has been levelled a bit, as a result of victories for the Wolverines, Penguins and KryptoKnights. Liverpool Vikings have the same wins as Pest CCC but have not been great at getting bonus points.It looks like the top 3 will be contending for the title while the others will battle out to avoid relegation, although Wolverines and Penguins have a faint chance at contending for the title.
YVRK

National duties

conradij

Postby conradij » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:56 pm

YVRK wrote:Very lucky escape for us against Pest CCC. It looked like they were cruising to victory at 168/3 with less than 100 to get, but two absolute pies by Peake got two wickets and pulled us back into the game. Ruchir was bowler of the day for getting key wickets of dangerous batsmen.

The attack of the mid/low table teams this week has meant that the playing field has been levelled a bit, as a result of victories for the Wolverines, Penguins and KryptoKnights. Liverpool Vikings have the same wins as Pest CCC but have not been great at getting bonus points.It looks like the top 3 will be contending for the title while the others will battle out to avoid relegation, although Wolverines and Penguins have a faint chance at contending for the title.

Definitely got closer after last week's games in both OD and T20 in div1. Should be an exciting finish!

WaddyWoody

Postby WaddyWoody » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:31 pm

A hotly contested end of season is upon us. As previous posters have already mentioned, with the results of last game week gaps between positions have narrowed. My side have finally strung some results together after a scrappy first half of the season. The biggest positive being our last 2 results have been wins against opposition above us in the table, with those below us still to play. Our aim is to avoid relegation and anything else will be a bonus. Looking forward to the coming weeks :thumbup:
Leading the Woodpeckers (main) and Wolverines (affiliate) nowhere fast.

conradij

Postby conradij » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:03 pm

WaddyWoody wrote:A hotly contested end of season is upon us. As previous posters have already mentioned, with the results of last game week gaps between positions have narrowed. My side have finally strung some results together after a scrappy first half of the season. The biggest positive being our last 2 results have been wins against opposition above us in the table, with those below us still to play. Our aim is to avoid relegation and anything else will be a bonus. Looking forward to the coming weeks :thumbup:

With another win today you're definitely the form team at the moment!

I managed a much needed win against Pest. They're still top though and favourites - they managed 14 out of 15 points from their games against their next three opponents earlier in the season. Liverpool Vikings also have the title within their grasp... as they play me and Pest, and then a tough game agaisnt the Penguins to round off their final three. I need to beat Krypto and the Vikings and hope for Pest to slip up.

Return to “EurAfrican”