SOD Div 1 Season 31

YVRK

SOD Div 1 Season 31

Postby YVRK » Fri May 20, 2022 2:38 pm

Welcome to another Div 1 SOD season in EurAfrica! Krypto has already warmly the newcomer teams Woody’s Wolverines, The Bar is Open and Liverpool Vikings, but I would like to reiterate that sentiment. All the teams look stacked with fabulous players and very competitive. I can’t promise that I will keep up the write ups but I will do my best to make teams of the week.

For us, we started off the opener with a bang, restricting defending champions Pro Crastinators to 247 and chasing it down with 8 wickets and just under 5 overs to spare. It was immensely satisfying to see Naidoo’s bowling finally get the disrespect it deserves. 8-)
YVRK
Leader of the mighty penguins (The Penguin Squad)

South African NAT assistant

National duties
: Aslam Ansar (Pakistan), Liam Dawson (New Zealand), William Torquil (South Africa) and Nicholas Blackwell (England)

Stomalomalus

Re: SOD Div 1 Season 31

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri May 20, 2022 2:45 pm

It was a crap opening game for me, but a wonderful one for the league.

All three promoted teams winning, and the underdog, YVRK, beating ProCrastinators.

We're in for a competitive league, methinks. All close scores, too.
Manager of Pest CCC English SOD Champions Season 25 and 26
Manager of Daft Serious CC
England National Team Manager
Winner of S27 T20 Internationals.

conradij

Postby conradij » Fri May 20, 2022 5:48 pm

YVRK wrote:
For us, we started off the opener with a bang, restricting defending champions Pro Crastinators to 247 and chasing it down with 8 wickets and just under 5 overs to spare. It was immensely satisfying to see Naidoo’s bowling finally get the disrespect it deserves. 8-)

Long overdue, well played!
Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126

Krypto

Postby Krypto » Mon May 23, 2022 6:31 am

Well one thing is for certain div1 of Eurafrica is now definetly a premier comp. I had a double header against Liverpool vikings. Came up short due to my top order not able to produce, great innings and partnership by Fourche and Vosloo kept us in the game however didn't have the seamers to produce in a high moisture environment and both my 40 skill steamers did nothing. At home my batsman found it a little easier however was still chasing 300+ needed to rest 3 players due to injury concerns and a Dev batsman in Mason that's low skilled pulled us out of the frying pan and helped getting atleat one more cup games finances. Well played to Liverpool and all the new arrivals, this season is going to be fun.
Manager of KryptoKnights
National Duties: Uys Fouche(South-Africa):Johannes Opperman (South-Africa)Mark Rumble(South-Africa) Jochiem Bezuidenhout(South-Africa) Aat Vosloo(South-Africa)

Krypto

Postby Krypto » Fri May 27, 2022 1:50 pm

Well played Pest, another disappointment with this batting lineup being useless. Some really competitive up and down games in the other matches. Was a great round other than my game
Manager of KryptoKnights
National Duties: Uys Fouche(South-Africa):Johannes Opperman (South-Africa)Mark Rumble(South-Africa) Jochiem Bezuidenhout(South-Africa) Aat Vosloo(South-Africa)

conradij

Postby conradij » Fri May 27, 2022 2:11 pm

Lost again... 2 losses out of 2 in OD and 2 in 2 since selling Mcwabe and Sharpe. Was unlucky today with runouts but need to tweak my batting line-up to try to make them a bit less brittle. Well played squarebear!

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri May 27, 2022 2:26 pm

conradij wrote:Lost again... 2 losses out of 2 in OD and 2 in 2 since selling Mcwabe and Sharpe. Was unlucky today with runouts but need to tweak my batting line-up to try to make them a bit less brittle. Well played squarebear!

Thanks for Sharpe, he made a big difference today.

Brings a lot more balance to my team, imo.

Unlucky Krypto. Wij needed a big score, he's gone a long time without one.

lightning

Postby lightning » Fri May 27, 2022 2:33 pm

2 wins from 2 for Vikings chasing down another 300 plus score with relative ease thanks to Smith with 90 off 70 and Frost with 72 off 38.

Already turning into a very interesting league.
Manager of Liverpool Vikings: winners of England T20 1.1 S15, S16 and S18 and Dev 1.1 S6.
Affiliate Warriors of the Wasteland

Current south Africa manager.

conradij

Postby conradij » Fri May 27, 2022 2:36 pm

Stomalomalus wrote:
conradij wrote:Lost again... 2 losses out of 2 in OD and 2 in 2 since selling Mcwabe and Sharpe. Was unlucky today with runouts but need to tweak my batting line-up to try to make them a bit less brittle. Well played squarebear!

He's awesome, always seems to play above his skills. His batting regularly got me out of trouble and is rarely expensive in his bowling. Gutted to lose him, especially to a rival! But made sense for my longterm -> felt that keeping him another season without cup would hold back my team's development too much. A bit of a gamble, but one that will definitely cost me in the short term!

Stomalomalus

Postby Stomalomalus » Fri May 27, 2022 3:23 pm

conradij wrote:
Stomalomalus wrote:

He's awesome, always seems to play above his skills. His batting regularly got me out of trouble and is rarely expensive in his bowling. Gutted to lose him, especially to a rival! But made sense for my longterm -> felt that keeping him another season without cup would hold back my team's development too much. A bit of a gamble, but one that will definitely cost me in the short term!

I think you’re mad to sell him and Mncwabe, especially after selling truelove, too.

Return to “EurAfrican”