Season 32

rtj45

Season 32

Postby rtj45 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:00 am

Div 2 group of death started in style yesterday, setemares pipped wyverns by 2 runs courtesy of a great knock by Seccombe. Abbas hit 100 in the chase and despite 2 late sixes from wyatt it wasnt enough as he ran out of partners.

Krypto lost to the night watchmen, dark lairds beat malvern and cutting edge chased down samurai score of 349.

This league will be very competitive!
Manager of West Row Wyverns.
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

rtj45

Re: Season 32

Postby rtj45 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:47 pm

Not many surprises this week as lairds comfortably beat night watchmen, krypto pipped malvern in the tie of the week and both setemares and wyverns registered 5 pointers against samurai and cutting edge respectively

Lairds sit top with 10 out of 10, some interesting games next week!

elegantyak

Postby elegantyak » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:55 pm

Exciting game this week, with the Wyvern's coming back from 133-6 to chase down Malvern's 260, to win by 1 wicket. Certainly helps when you bat all the way down to 11.

The big gap between 2nd and 3rd is very surprising, but both the promotion and relegation battles are building nicely.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:06 pm

elegantyak wrote:Exciting game this week, with the Wyvern's coming back from 133-6 to chase down Malvern's 260, to win by 1 wicket. Certainly helps when you bat all the way down to 11.

The big gap between 2nd and 3rd is very surprising, but both the promotion and relegation battles are building nicely.

I wasnt nervous

At all

Nope totally not me

Ps I would be grateful if you can drop some points at some point plz

elegantyak

Postby elegantyak » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:20 pm

rtj45 wrote:
I wasnt nervous

At all

Nope totally not me

Ps I would be grateful if you can drop some points at some point plz

Looking at my upcoming fixtures, I think the winning run is likely to end soon, but we shall see.

elegantyak

Postby elegantyak » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:58 pm

Well done to the Dark Lairds on their first Division 1 title. I'm sure there will be plenty more to come.

My team totally dropped off a cliff at the end of the season. Will be a desperate struggle for survival next time, but we'll see what we can do.

elegantyak

Postby elegantyak » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:20 pm

Any now Pro Crastinators have won the T20 league, under intense pressure from Pest in the closing stages. Many congratulations.

Was a really good, competitive season. Hats off to all involved.

garthmaul

Postby garthmaul » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:59 pm

elegantyak wrote:Well done to the Dark Lairds on their first Division 1 title. I'm sure there will be plenty more to come.

My team totally dropped off a cliff at the end of the season. Will be a desperate struggle for survival next time, but we'll see what we can do.

Thanks. Has been a very strange season for me. Didn't want to pass up the change to win a first title, even if it isn't one of senior leagues, so after an injury to my star all-rounder, prioritized that and T20 this season while trying to keep players fit enough for cup games as well. My 50 over side suffered accordingly and got demoted while the T20 side got promoted to Div1 after a remarkable final round of matches where the top 3 (who could all have gone up) got bonus points losses that maintained my one point lead at the top.

Now need to figure out how to balance a senior team with one game in Div 1 and one in Div 3 along with a youth team where half the title winning team have now aged up.

conradij

Postby conradij » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:46 pm

elegantyak wrote:Any now Pro Crastinators have won the T20 league, under intense pressure from Pest in the closing stages. Many congratulations.

Was a really good, competitive season. Hats off to all involved.

Thanks - delighted to win the double!
Pro Crastinators (and Tobe Determined CC)
http://www.stumpedgame.com/club.php?Team=126

elegantyak

Postby elegantyak » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:06 am

garthmaul wrote:
Thanks. Has been a very strange season for me. Didn't want to pass up the change to win a first title, even if it isn't one of senior leagues, so after an injury to my star all-rounder, prioritized that and T20 this season while trying to keep players fit enough for cup games as well. My 50 over side suffered accordingly and got demoted while the T20 side got promoted to Div1 after a remarkable final round of matches where the top 3 (who could all have gone up) got bonus points losses that maintained my one point lead at the top.

Now need to figure out how to balance a senior team with one game in Div 1 and one in Div 3 along with a youth team where half the title winning team have now aged up.

Division 1 Dev titles are nothing to be sniffed at - when you think about it they're rarer than the senior ones.

The Div1/Div3 balancing act is a tricky one. If you're lucky and get one of the better divisions 3s, you can get good training in and still rest key players for the T20. If it's all bots, it's hideously dull and your senior bowlers really suffer from a lack of overs (although a good cup run would help).

Return to “EurAfrican”