Season 29

Odin

Season 29

Postby Odin » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:07 pm

I have a terrific spinner who has the opener characteristic and good aggressive batting. His other batting stats aren't very good. Last season I played him at no.2 with what felt like minimal success.

I plan to try this tactic again this season. The plus should be that it lengthens my batting line, but the pro appears to be that if his wicket falls, we are playing dominoes.

I do like the idea of him smacking quick 20 though.
Perhaps he'll do better this season now he has more experience?

Anyone got any ideas? Is he the reason behind my multiple batting collapses ?

Calvino

Re: Season 29

Postby Calvino » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:17 am

Odin wrote:I have a terrific spinner who has the opener characteristic and good aggressive batting. His other batting stats aren't very good. Last season I played him at no.2 with what felt like minimal success.

I plan to try this tactic again this season. The plus should be that it lengthens my batting line, but the pro appears to be that if his wicket falls, we are playing dominoes.

I do like the idea of him smacking quick 20 though.
Perhaps he'll do better this season now he has more experience?

Anyone got any ideas? Is he the reason behind my multiple batting collapses ?

As long as he does actually score reasonably quickly I can't see why he'd be the cause of a batting collapse. Experience will probably help though.

I guess if you're batting isn't collapsing when he's not at number 2 then, for whatever reason, he might be the problem. If you're batting collapses anyway then it might be something else like setting too high a MAS? Is it just happening when setting a total or when chasing a total or both?

Odin

Postby Odin » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:39 pm

I've been wondering about my MAS. I should probably look at that and my ground.

Odin

Postby Odin » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:24 am

https://www.stumpedgame.com/display_com ... ch=1529398

My useless batsmen just successfully chased 322.
Can't believe it. Sorry to North Stars - I think that's the highest successful chase I've had!

Return to “Americas”