S26 Americas SOD

Calvino

Re: S26 Americas SOD

Postby Calvino » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:53 pm

Cheers everyone.

I'm not so sure changing to a more spin bowling approach is the best idea but, with one exception, my seamers had lower averages than my spinners. I figure it'll annoy me less if my seamers are not necessarily supposed to be good in the conditions.

Anyway, I could probably do with making a few changes in the off-season as a few younger players need to get more game time, especially some of my players beginning to approach 30. It should be another interesting season!

sledge

Postby sledge » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:17 am

Seemed to work :D Congratulations on a hard earned OD title this season.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:16 am

sledge wrote:Seemed to work :D Congratulations on a hard earned OD title this season.

It's been a close league but the 5 teams who were there last season look like they will be there this season.

13 points between 1st and 5th which is quite close!

My aff has done well again but annoying that we had 25 points at the half way and only 9 points from the next 6, 2 or 3 close games we should have won but never mind. Ultimately we need 2 or 3 good players but havent had the scout luck and cant afford the right players... in time hopefully
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

Calvino

Postby Calvino » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:24 pm

sledge wrote:Seemed to work :D Congratulations on a hard earned OD title this season.

Thanks! I was certainly nervous about out game so I'm delighted to have done it again. It's possibly my last for a while.

I seemed to make the bowling work out well enough even though the averages weren't that great (with 3 exceptions to that). Some of my batters have been excellent though. Special mentions to Stokes, who averaged 74.5 with a strike rate of 133; Buckland, 65 average; and Bainbridge, with a 45.2 average with a 171 strikerate.

I didn't really give the youngsters as much game time as I had hoped to do but there were some decent signs that they could perform when I did give them an opportunity. My main problem is going to be that my 20 skill captain is probably coming to the end of his career. There's a bit of a difference in my next best captain (only 13 skilled) and he's my best bowler who I worry will get too tired if I give him the captaincy.

Return to “Americas”