S26 Americas SOD

Odin

S26 Americas SOD

Postby Odin » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:35 pm

Any early guesses which of us will hold the initial trophy aloft?

bumpuss

Re: S26 Americas SOD

Postby bumpuss » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:42 am

Obviously not me :roll:

Calvino

Postby Calvino » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:08 am

Odin wrote:Any early guesses which of us will hold the initial trophy aloft?

I make you early favourites for the T20 although I think Northdown will come back into the race by the end of the season.

And in the one day game, I make Northdown favourites with Cunning challenging for the trophy. Peckham have made a good start in both formats but I'm not sure they'll sustain it for the whole season.

I've been trying to sort my fielding out for several seasons (plus find another decent enough allrounder) and not been successful on the fielding front. I might have an allrounder that can do a job but I'll have to see how he performs as I start to introduce him to the first team. I could do with another captain too (preferably a batsman).

Odin

Postby Odin » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:41 am

Calvino wrote:

I make you early favourites for the T20 although I think Northdown will come back into the race by the end of the season.

And in the one day game, I make Northdown favourites with Cunning challenging for the trophy. Peckham have made a good start in both formats but I'm not sure they'll sustain it for the whole season.

I've been trying to sort my fielding out for several seasons (plus find another decent enough allrounder) and not been successful on the fielding front. I might have an allrounder that can do a job but I'll have to see how he performs as I start to introduce him to the first team. I could do with another captain too (preferably a batsman).

I think you're overestimating my chances. I had trouble balancing my team last season and lost a lot of games to weaker opponents. If I've managed to work past that, then maybe. My bowling attack is certainly decent.

liquefry

Postby liquefry » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:22 pm

are you talking the 3.2 trophy? because not me
Fictionally Inclined (Oceania) and affiliate Absolute Madness (America). Zimbabwe youth and currently Nat manager.

danedgario

Postby danedgario » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:32 pm

Calvino wrote:

Peckham have made a good start in both formats but I'm not sure they'll sustain it for the whole season.

Agreed - great start for us but ultimately I'd be happy if we just stayed up. Three way battle between Cunning, Dead Balls & Northdown for me. I'll go with Cunning as an early pick. Will be more informed once I've played everyone...

Zorax

Postby Zorax » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:46 am

Free HK will do well to stay in Div 2 this season.

Managed to snag an upset win in the T20 Div 2 which is nice. Dev Div 3 is comfortable with 4 bots.
Zorax CC | Free HK
Five Demands, Not One Less
Learn more Here

Krypto

Postby Krypto » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:03 pm

Same leugue as you Zorax, was surprised to find another familiar face in Vrystaat Knegte also in div 2, should be fun facing Dawie with my affiliate. We also have RTJ45 and Lunalords aff in that div 2 group so some great games to come. My aff is facing off against Lunalord which seemed to boosted his team from last week to face me this week. Looking forward to potentially a great contest.

Edit : OK so Lunalords aff batting performance swayed this in their favor big time and will be surprised if I can get it over the line. 230/8 on my home ground that is not batsman friendly is gonna be tough. Their WK Divesh Nandakumar top scored with 69 of 69 balls, which made my inner child luagh. So far only thing I can really luagh about.

Edit 2 : as expected 230 was a target too far, needed a good start however lost 2 wickets for 8 runs and that just sealed it. If my calculations is right got one more run than needed for the BP. Very entertaining 9th wicket partnership of 58 with my no 10 who is by no means suppose to be able to do it getting his hs of 39 to help atleast make the score respectable at 182, still 30 runs short of what I would have wanted my bat's to get. All in all great aff game and quality opposition.

Last edit, didn't get the BP, my mind seem to be fried as I'm almost sure I'm withing 25% of the score and run rate. Oh well not much in this game made sense, I'll write it off as one of those and be back stronger next week.
Manager of KryptoKnights and KandorKings
Ex South-African National Manager
National Duties: Uys Fouche(South-Africa):Johannes Opperman (South-Africa)Mark Rumble(South-Africa)
National Duties:Vimbai Martinus (Zimbabwe)

Calvino

Postby Calvino » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:20 pm

Over half the season gone now so how's everyone doing in their league?

It's tight in 1.1 with only 3 points separating the top 4 teams. Huge game tomorrow with my side against top of the table Northdown.

Peckham have been maintaining their challenge very well so far both in SOD and T20 although I've got a slight amount of breathing space at the top in T20 after the last round of games.

I'm rock bottom in dev 1.1 though as my youngsters just can't compete. We were briefly out of the relegation places which was a surprise to me but we've reverted to our usual form and are struggling to even get bonus points.

rtj45

Postby rtj45 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:01 pm

Calvino wrote:Over half the season gone now so how's everyone doing in their league?

It's tight in 1.1 with only 3 points separating the top 4 teams. Huge game tomorrow with my side against top of the table Northdown.

Peckham have been maintaining their challenge very well so far both in SOD and T20 although I've got a slight amount of breathing space at the top in T20 after the last round of games.

I'm rock bottom in dev 1.1 though as my youngsters just can't compete. We were briefly out of the relegation places which was a surprise to me but we've reverted to our usual form and are struggling to even get bonus points.

Might see you in div 1 soon on the affiliate but very tight on t20 and sod div 2. We lead t20 and will have a great battle v Calgary eos.

In sod we have the pleasure of fighting against krypto affiliate and maybe lunars too. Will be a tight finish
Manager of West Row Wyverns and affiliate East Row Eagles
Winner of the grand slam in season 13 (Dev, T20, SOD, Cup, International)

Return to “Americas”